Polk County Board of County Commissioners Employee Reviews in United States

Great Employer
Pilot, Aviation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 3, 2016
Great working environment. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Competitive compensation package. State retirement system is almost impossible to beat. Everyday brought new challenges.
A lot of interaction with the Public
Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLSeptember 13, 2015
The Human Resource Department handled all employees of Polk County Florida, including retirees. They provided customer service to all employees related to their Health Insurance, Retirement plans, and setting up new employee's benefits. The staff was generally knowledgeable, but they had lost some key employees recently, and the office seemed to have suffered in the area of providing the best customer service possible. I would have continued to work there had my personal circumstances not changed drastically. I liked most of the employees there, and felt the feeling was mutual.
Great place to work and gain contacts in the industry.
Sports/Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Polk County FloridaMarch 31, 2015
PCSM is a great place to work. There I learned how to keep multiple clients happy while providing logistics and other neccsary duties involved in planning mulitple events. We coordinate venues, volunteers, and other proffessional staff when needed. The co-workers here are great to work with and learn from. When creating a bid for an event, you can go to anyone for help in helping sell Polk County as a destination. The most enjoyble part of my job is working the wide range of events and making the client and thier participants happy. Its always something different everyday.
Pros
Varierty
Cons
Long days and weekends.
Love the Job
Recreation Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales FlJanuary 28, 2015
Knowledgeable of a variety of recreational programs and activities. Ability to plan, assign, review and oversee the work of others. Ability to use good judgment in administrative and personnel matters making independent decisions. Ability to display a cooperative attitude and willingness to respond effectively to general public concerns, philosophies and needs within recreational planning, program activities and overall county recreation goals and objectives. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, officials and the public. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds regularly and a minimum of 40 pounds occasionally. Ability to work flexible hours as assigned.
Fast-paced with over 500 employees
Supervisor/Fulfillment Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLDecember 16, 2013
Basically, setup the postal department for daily mail-outs. Assigned different tasks to the Polk County Volunteers,i.e., retirees, students, and active employees. I was able to implement a program that help the county to same thousands of dollars by advertising through bulk rate service versus the piece by piece cost. Majority of my employees were senior citizens that enjoyed working with me. All the co-workers were adamant about helping each other. I would say the hardest part about this job was the traveling through the US and abroad setting up trade-shows. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to bring tourism to Polk County.
Pros
potluck luncheon, county commissioners meetings, and little supervision
Cons
short breaks, worked in inclement weather, and traveling two to three times a month
Fun place to work with lots of outside time.
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 10, 2012
I would schedule maint. services for the fleet as well as any repairs. Afterward would start reports for management and audits for FDOT. I learded alot about Federal Regulations and what it took to run a transportation fleet. How to juggle vehicles when not enough to go around. The management could of stood behind you alittle more than they did. Co-worker were great. Everyone worked together. The hardest part of work was not having enough information on the Audit Reports for FDOT and having to start from scratch. Countless hours would go into it and they would want something totally different. However the most enjoyable was knowing in the end we would pass the audits with flying colors and the reports would be dead on. Walked out with a big smile on my face knowing the whole company would look good because of something I did.
Pros
every friday off. only a 4 day work week.
Cons
no raises for several years.
Job is very rewarding and BOCC does a great job with providing for citizens
Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLMay 15, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with clients and helping people in the community,
benefits
Cons
salaries
Work
Was an employee (Former Employee) –  Eagle Lake FloridaDecember 13, 2012
It was a job at the time. Learned alot management was terrible.

4.2