Polk County Board of County Commissioners

Polk County Board of County Commissioners Employee Reviews

Love the Job
Recreation Coordinator I (Current Employee), Lake Wales FlJanuary 28, 2015
Knowledgeable of a variety of recreational programs and activities. Ability to plan, assign, review and oversee the work of others. Ability to use good judgment in administrative and personnel matters making independent decisions. Ability to display a cooperative attitude and willingness to respond effectively to general public concerns, philosophies and needs within recreational planning, program activities and overall county recreation goals and objectives. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, officials and the public. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds regularly and a minimum of 40 pounds occasionally. Ability to work flexible hours as assigned.
Fast-paced with over 500 employees
Supervisor/Fulfillment Representative (Former Employee), Bartow, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: potluck luncheon, county commissioners meetings, and little supervision
Cons: short breaks, worked in inclement weather, and traveling two to three times a month
Basically, setup the postal department for daily mail-outs. Assigned different tasks to the Polk County Volunteers,i.e., retirees, students, and active employees. I was able to implement a program that help the county to same thousands of dollars by advertising through bulk rate service versus the piece by piece cost. Majority of my employees were senior citizens that enjoyed working with me. All the co-workers were adamant about helping each other. I would say the hardest part about this job was the traveling through the US and abroad setting up trade-shows. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to bring tourism to Polk County.
Work
Was an employee (Former Employee), Eagle Lake FloridaDecember 13, 2012
It was a job at the time. Learned alot management was terrible.
Job is very rewarding and BOCC does a great job with providing for citizens
Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Bartow, FLMay 15, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: salaries
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with clients and helping people in the community,
Fun place to work with lots of outside time.
Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Bartow, FLApril 10, 2012
Pros: every friday off. only a 4 day work week.
Cons: no raises for several years.
I would schedule maint. services for the fleet as well as any repairs. Afterward would start reports for management and audits for FDOT. I learded alot about Federal Regulations and what it took to run a transportation fleet. How to juggle vehicles when not enough to go around. The management could of stood behind you alittle more than they did. Co-worker were great. Everyone worked together. The hardest part of work was not having enough information on the Audit Reports for FDOT and having to start from scratch. Countless hours would go into it and they would want something totally different. However the most enjoyable was knowing in the end we would pass the audits with flying colors and the reports would be dead on. Walked out with a big smile on my face knowing the whole company would look good because of something I did.