Polk County

Polk County Employer Reviews

Floyd County Superior Court
ABD Economic Support Specialist (Current Employee), Cedartown, GAJune 11, 2014
Great place to work and the leadership within the office is wonderful.
Great place to work.
Utility Laborer & Employee Services (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 21, 2014
I learned a lot over the years that I worked for Polk County and it gave me a lot of experience for future jobs.
Great place to teach
Spanish Teacher/Jewett Academy Magnet (Former Employee), Winter HavenSeptember 23, 2013
Thought Spanish to 7th and 8th grade. I grew professional a personal. Constantly leaning. The hardest part of the job is to control discipline and to motivate kids to learn a second language. However, I love my job. I enjoy very much spend time with kids and see them grow in every aspect.
Poorly Managed
Senior Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, ORJuly 17, 2013
The place wasn't a bad place to work however they recently had layoffs due to poor decisions and bad overall management.
Great Experience
Secretary (Current Employee), Rover PlaceJuly 17, 2013
Pros: meet new people everyday
Cons: sometimes more work than one person can do at once.
A typical day at work is answering phone, logging accounts, scheduling, Helping the reps, Customer Service, Bookeeping, Scanning, Copying, Emailing, Faxing,Filing. I have learned that Secretary's actually do alot of work. They keep the office running and are the backbone, very important people. Management is very good, the communicate and work with – more... me if there is an issue. If i ask any questions they answer them, or will help me to figure the problem out if they do not know. Co-workers are amazing, we all work togther to get great results at the end of the day.Keeping everyone happy and trying to answer and get around to all the reps questions or gettting around to all of there book work. I LOVE the people that i work with. I get to meet new people everyday and help them out with whatever we can. – less
Great people to work around
Director (Former Employee), Dallas, ORMay 2, 2013
Local governments should learn from this example on how to run lean and still produce good services in a timely manner.
4-H
4-H Volunteer (Former Employee), Pleasant Hope, MissouriApril 24, 2013
Pros: outside
Cons: hot
Hands head Heart Health Hard worker Quick learner. Got to learn a lot about how to work with animals
Polk County is a good place to work.
Deputy District Attorney I (Former Employee), CourthouseApril 20, 2013
It was joy working at Polk County. It is the perfect small town environment, but close to a big city for amenities
Opportunities limited by tax base
Household Hazardous Waste and Solid Waste Safety (Former Employee), Winter HavenMarch 15, 2013
Pros: jobs secure except to limitations of revenue
Cons: government!!!!!
Limited tax revenue limit opportunities. Government slow to change.
Passionate for children, supportive, very enthusiastic.
Director (Current Employee), Dallas, ORSeptember 26, 2012
A typical day at work consists of attending juvenile hearings, developing trainings, appointing volunteers to child abuse cases, monitoring cases and data input, working with system partners, and community awareness. Training volunteers, public speaking, research and report writing are a minimum of quarterly events.
I learned about the child welfare – more... system, Juvenile justice system, the disrupted development of children's brains, mentoring at risk youth, mental health issues, and procedures/policies of other system partners.
The District Attorney is my direct supervisor and my program is under the umbrella of Polk county. All involved have supported and encouraged all my work, and have enjoyed how my work added to the positive Polk County services.
The hardest part of the job is grant writing. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with all the volunteers, co-workers, and working with system partners. – less
Part time employment - On as needed basis.
Secretary - Labor Pool (Part-Time/Temporary) (Former Employee), Livingston, TXAugust 26, 2012
Pros: worked in various county offices.
Cons: part time.
Worked in secretarial labor pool for the county on an as needed basis in various County offices.