Polk State College Employee Reviews

Beneficial place to work for a student earning their degree
Digital Media Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 9, 2017
This job is not meant to be permanent, but rather more like an internship. The work environment is wonderful, and I learned so much working here that I couldn't have learned in classes alone.
Pros
Wonderful Team
Cons
No Benefits and low pay
it was okay
Dean of Student Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2017
This was my only real job, It was work study I fell in love with the job when I first got it but towards the end before me leaving I felt even more and more disconnected
Former EPI Student
Educator Preparation Institute (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2017
Very good and effective program. Completed completely online and loved the atmosphere. All professors were very helpful and understanding. Was also a good way to meet other's in similar situations through online class chats, etc.
Learning Experince
Coord of Student Activities and Leadership Office (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2017
I am not going to give a review because each department is ran differently. My department is wonderful because my boss is awesome. This is based from Lakeland campus.
Its a College
Student (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 12, 2017
Moderator, do not clear this

i was a student, as a student assignments were easy, the people crazy, and the debates were always running from politics to science to how crazy people were.
Good job enviorenment
Digital Media Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 10, 2017
Pros
Great place to work, This college has a "family feeling" and there is a sense of closeness. It is positive to have one academic dean vs various deans in different departments.

Cons
The salaries are lower than those of neighboring counties. Many other job opportunities are not available.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 8, 2017
Working at Polk State College in Winter Haven was a great experience, the people in the office are very helpful and can cheer you up in a heart beat. Great place to work
Very fun place to work - relaxing environment
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at work involves assisting students in the learning center with different services. Provides information for individuals with questions. Occassionally , assists students on the computers. Have gone into the classrooms and made presentations on services offered in the Learning Center.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
Great
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 11, 2017
This is a Great place to work. They offer support to their employees and help them grow professional. Management is very supportive and sure they create a drama free environment.
Great
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Work here if you have the back ground and meet the minimum educational requirements. It is intellectually stimulating yet relaxed atmosphere to wok, learn, and grow.
Pros
mental growthq
Cons
non fulltime
Polk
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Polk College is a good place to work when you are full time student. If you find the right position the pay is good. The work environment is great. The students at Polk are very friendly
Pros
works well wtih your schedule
Cons
monthly pay
Ehhh
Student Worker/Event Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Not really much to say here. The people are kind of angry or mean at the world most of the time. It just seems like they don't want to help much. My boss was pretty great though. She's the only thing that made me want to stay as long as I did.
excellent opportunity
Part-time Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 27, 2016
Polk State College is set to focus on the needs of the student, while also providing a strong foundation for success by investing in their professors.
challening work enviroment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 4, 2016
very challenging to provide quality physical therapy assistant education to a variety of learner types. excellent support from program director and ACCE
Pros
excellent support from program facility
Cons
limitedbenefits for adjunct professors
Fun and exciting work environment
Work Study/Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 30, 2016
I loved working in a college environment. We had fun activities and got to interact with students on a daily basis. Management was supportive and made the work place relaxing.
Pros
Fun events, good management
Cons
sometimes very slow.
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 10, 2016
This work pace was very productive and there was no down time which I though was great. Management as well as co-workers were so friendly and very encouraging which I think is very appreciated in a work place. I can't say that there was a hard part of the job because I'm a fast learner and everything came easy to me.
Pros
Free Snacks
Substance of what higher education was for.
IT - Help Desk Internship (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 15, 2016
A typical work day involves a lot of helping people and learning more about computers, assigning work order tickets. The hardest thing knowing that is an internship position, the most enjoyable is learning.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Down time
A workplace that's strongly cultured ans offers many opportunities
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 6, 2016
Throughout my experience at Polk State I've managed to learn many things. It was a true privilege being able to work along side many committed and great individuals.
Great nursing program
Clinical Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 23, 2016
PSC has a reputation for a great educational experience for their ADN students. They have an exceptional pass rate for the NCLEX! Proud to have them in our community!
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 30, 2015
I went to school here and now I work here. I love this school. Employees are kind and helpful.
My department is fantastic.