Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical United States Employee Reviews

good clean enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2015
great place for a entry level. easy to move up in the company with good work. taking orders and giving great customer service while making sure that all orders are correct.
great
Food Preparer (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 24, 2015
at this job i maintain a clean fast pace that is efficiently and welcoming. i love the people i wrk with a leaders. hardest part of my job is non existent i love the work just need more income to provide for my family.
productive and helpful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Allen, TXFebruary 19, 2015
i try my best to observe and watch others with more experience so i can learn more. always attempt to solve problems wisely and take a minute to think about before missing it up.
Grilled (Former Employee), Sanford, FloridaFebruary 16, 2015
It is a company where they work in harmony with coworkers. They offer a good job training. It is a place where would return to work.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ponce, PRFebruary 2, 2015
A day at work is usually under general supervision that required to deal with very sensitive information and is expected to have an independent judgment and sense of belonging to the organization. I learned to prepare a number of documents such as invoices, purchases orders,memorandums and reports. The most enjoyable part of the work is that prepared me to work under stressful and demanding conditions.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: awesome work enviroment
Cons: not enough hours
I have been working for Pollo Tropical for about 5 months now and I love it. It is fast paced The managers are very down to earth and very fun to work with. I appreciate the opportunity that was given to me. I truly love working with my Pollo Tropical Family.
Productive and fun workplace, team work, and excellent communication skills
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent customer service, and great fresh food
Cons: sometimes they push the employees a bit too hard
All of the staff are great and great personalities. We love giving great customer service and great fresh food at all time consistently
Fun place to work when it comes to work and personal life.
General Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: all of the great people to meet and worked with.
Pollo Tropical was one of the place I would go back to work if I have the opportunity when it comes to all of the above mentioned. One of the hardest day at work was a day when all my employees was only Spanish speaking, at the end I enjoyed working with them learning some Spanish. That was a memorable day.
clean and productive work place
team member (Former Employee), orlando floridaJanuary 9, 2015
I learn something different in the work place because Im willing and open to learning new things. Team work makes the dream work
Horrible
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Homestead, FLDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: everything else
This job was horrific. They would smoke hookah pens inside the building, they never paid me until I inquired why I wasn't getting paid and they eventually found all of my records and paid me a months worth of pay when I was supposed to sign off weekly, they stole 50 dollars from me on the first day. I quit after they paid me. Horrible place to work.
productive and fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Stuart, FLDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at work will start by taking a register, take orders. The most important part is to make sure that every customer is pleased with there orders. After you have pleased the customers you will have to clean and stock the station for the night shift person to start.
•a typical day at work
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Davie ,FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: no breakes
I love it! I could eat the plaintains here everyday. Reasonably priced food. I wish they would sell their sauces in the superstore (especially the garlic cilantro).
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 6, 2014
I love the jo, it's a great place to be. Just the pay is not so great
Fun and Fast environment
Cook, Line Cook, Grill Cook, Prep, Dishwasher (Former Employee), Fort MyersOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fun, fast work environment, can work multiple positions
Cons: low pay rate
is a fun place to work and you can have good chances to grow, all the manager are very profecional
few hours, underpaid, unfair decisions
Cashier (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: located close, schedule works around school hours.
Cons: management, environment, lack of pay, lack of hours
When i first started working there the management made me feel very welcomed. As the weeks went on i noticed the sudden change of attitude of the management as well as the employees. I learned very basic things to just get started and if i would like to move up in the company it would be extremely difficult. The worst part of the job is the unfair decisions management makes such as making promises they simply can not keep, cutting the few hours i have, and saying that you will be working a double shift that same day with about 2 hours before your current shift ends. Although this job may have its cons, the only enjoyable part of this job is working with people who happen to be nicer than my fellow coworkers as well as my managers.
I liked it
Cashier (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: discounts on the food.
Cons: nasty customers, not getting paid enough for the work done
I liked Pollo tropical but the customers there are so rude. But I didn't let that affect my job, because whether you like it or not you have to give one hundred and ten percent everyday.
Fun place to work..Its like family
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks
Working here is like working with family.
You learn to speak different words you may learn by working with people from different places.
The hardest part of the job is when your off feels like you missing a part of something.
The most enjoyable part is making people smile.
very nice work place a lot of team work ,
General Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: working with and getting to know people
Cons: having to work with all the different employee requests
A typical day would consist of 10 hours worked everything from inventory to hiring new employees to maintain food cost and the cleanliness of the restaurant to get ready for the different inspections that we have I had 45-50 employees that worked there that I was managing . I believe the challenge of running the restaurant was to hire the right people to make sure the store ran the way it was suppose to .The best part of each day was meeting all the customers and getting to know them .
busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: not really at time.
Cons: no break sometimes
I didn't work real long in pollo tropical the pay was bad . no help you got move fast and they really didn't care if you came to work or not that why i left for short hours no break
na
Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2014
i don't really have nothing much to say. loved working there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pollo Tropical

What began in Miami as a simple recipe for citrus-marinated grilled chicken has evolved into a world of tropical flavors, and – Read more

Pollo Tropical Salaries