JOB PURPOSE: Proactively leads the overall planning, organization and execution of all IT functions for 30 stores of Polly’s Pies and Corporate Headquarters. This includes directing IT operations to meet guest requirements as well as support and maintenance of the existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions.
1. Responsible for the activities of IT Operations including data administration, security, provisioning, helpdesk, installations, telecommunications and security cameras.
2. Provides and manages 24-hour technical support, 7 days a week or supports vendors for various systems, including dispatch and tracking of support calls and emails.
3. Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
4. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
5. Maintains security policies to prevent misuse of Company resources, including creation and modification of user accounts, passwords, access, etc. Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
6. Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures, information security and control structures.
7. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
8. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
9. Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
10. Responsible for the ordering, requisition, acquisition, inventory, and disposition of hardware and software.
11. Maintains and monitors network performance, detection, integrity, and intrusion, including compliance with PCI DSS 3.0 standards.
12. Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
13. Provides mobile device support for both iOS and Android, including administration of company cell phone plan.
14. Responsible for the online ordering system establishment, testing and functionalities.
15. Supports infrastructure with VMware, Server 2008R2, CentOS, PHP, Aloha, Sonic Wall and MySQL.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related job experience.
- Experience in software and hardware troubleshooting specifically relating to all restaurant applications, POS peripherals, terminals, modems, WiFi, back office servers and network connectivity.
- Understands the supporting role of the IT department in the context of the success of restaurant operations. Maintains a close and communicative relationship with restaurant operations and other support teams within the company.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows 2000/XP/7 required.
- Experience in Windows Server 2003/2008 R2 Active Directory, DNS, VPN
- Experience in Linux/GNU System Operations, Administration, and Security/Integrity.
- Experience with VMware and Sonicwall environments.
- Has an inquisitive and analytical mind that challenges tradition and the status quo combined with a common sense approach that actively pursues the best way to achieve practical solutions.
- Relevant management experience in an IT environment, preferably in the restaurant industry or other multi-unit environment
- Experience with NCR Aloha POS System a plus
Indeed - 12 months ago
A small privately owned family company doing business in Southern California for over 40 years.