Poly-America

Poly-America Employee Reviews

testful , learning experience , educational environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Grand Prairie TexasJune 23, 2015
as needed repair of over 250 production related equipment , everyday different , communication a problem at times , multi cultural staff , not every employee has the same agenda related to employment , it is what it is , high speed production . not perfect but you make of it what you will .....
Fast paced job where I gained a ton of warehouse expirience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: 4 days on 4 days off
Cons: 12 hour shifts
When I came into work at 5am I would head to the warehouse to check out a forklift. From there I would head to the building I was designated to work in. My job was to pull fresh merchandise off of the production line and stock it in the warehouse. In addition to stocking merchandise I took inventory for a 6 month period. In my last year working for the company I managed my own building under my supervisor. I was in charge of making sure all stock was put away, contractor orders were fulfilled and cleanliness maintained.
It was an incredible place to work and the people who trained are good at training.
Forklift Operator and Packager (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: 1hour ever break per 3 breaks.
Cons: N/A
No typical days all good. What I've learned was Fork lift driving, machine operator, packager, stocking, marking skids, loading and unloading; etc.. The management there was good they work with your schedule if you were in school and sick or emergencies. Hardest part of job I have to say was well nothing at all exactly. Most enjoyable part is always showing up on time working at fast paced and getting every order out and all trucks.
fast pace and always busy
Project Management (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXApril 23, 2015
great place for job security. always something to do and always busy no matter what is going on in the world. it's owned by jews. has no "debt" to the government as they say and weekly paychecks.
Very Productive, safe and good place to work with
Distribution Associate Receiving (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not at all
12 hrs shift
Excellent training to ensure success.
Working by our self with minimal supervision
Excellent communication
alot of pros and cons
A Packager they done wrong (Former Employee), Grand PrairieJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay is good, managment is ok
Cons: poor training, bad commucation between packagers and operators (operators ignore the packagers), the is no focus on the rules the company set, cordinators intimidate others, operators sign off bad product as good, a hostile work enviroment.
work is ok, I have learn a lot, and the management need to know there people better, some of my co-workers are ok but dislike the ones that intimidate others, the heat during the summer and the cold during the winter.
Hard work but it pays offs
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Grand Prairie,TxDecember 9, 2014
Job security, though its a fast paced job.The pay is good and a lot of overtime.
How does this company stay open?
Maintenance (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 30, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: health care expensive for families, long hours, no advancement, incompetent management
You get to work 12 hour days, 4 days on, 4 days off. If you work the day shift, be prepared to deal with managers that don't communicate or know anything about maintenance. You get to be treated like children and are always the reason why a manager isn't happy/things are not going right/loss of production/people feeling sick/and every other reason they can think of. You constantly have to sign "updates" to company "policy." Safety is only a concern when OSHA or the owner is there. You are known as a number, not a person. There are special privileges to managers favorites or people from the Texas plant. The bathrooms are filthy, covered in graffiti and used toilet paper because of different ethnic groups fighting. It is hot in the summer and the swamp coolers rarely get turned on and cold in the winter as the heaters rarely get turned on. Management rarely comes out of their office and usually barks orders over the radio. The area where managers are is off limits except to a selected few. There is constant rework of the same thing due to managers and engineers that don't know what they want. There is also machines that are purposely broke by production so they can take breaks. Don't every expect to get a raise and if by some lucky chance you can, it will be 25 cents or less. The philosophy is if you want to get paid more, work more hours.
Poly-America
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: portfolios held by some very large corporations such as walmart, sams, target ensure its strength in the marketplace
Cons: difficult to be promoted/ no set structure for promotion/ various unorthodox doctrines
One of the largest manufacturers of polyurethane and plastic products in the world. Privately held company that employs thousands, one of its greatest strengths for employees is that its a very stable company,..when other companies were laying off employees during the recession 2008/2009, Poly-America remained strong during this tenure. The company has a strategic growth pattern, and has grown more vibrant and diverse since my time there.
GOOD WORK PLACE
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), GRAND PREARIE TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: vacations, 401k, medical and dental insurance.
-I worked 12 hours a day 4 days a week, holidays and weekends.
-I had a lot of learning that goes from handling forklift, operate machinery, read orders, training new staff, hold area, use the AS/400, etc.
-I had a good relationship with coworkers.
-The hardest part of the job was that I had to be standing 12 hours.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was that it worked all year.
Productive Work Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Grand Prairie , TexasJuly 29, 2014
It Was Overall Good Place, Should Give Machine Operators More Respect . Sometimes They Dont Even Give Them Breaks If The Lines Arent Running Correctly .
packager
Packager (Former Employee), grand prairieJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hot
packaging trash bags, really hot with no ac, fast, overtime, good breaks
LONG HOURS, TOO HOT
PACKAGER (Former Employee), GRAND PRAIRIEJune 19, 2014
Cons: very hot
VERY HOT DURING THE SUMMER, LONG HOUR SHIFTS. STANDING FOR A LONG PERIOD.
productive work environment
forklift driver (Former Employee), grand prairie, txApril 18, 2014
Pros: steady work environment
Cons: short breaks, pay rate, and poor management
This job is a front, one you're hired on your basically a slave for working long hours, 48 hours shifts one month and 36 hours on the following month, which doesn't make sense. You'll be lucky if you have a Monday thru Friday position without getting any hours taken away from you. My advice to some, if you wanna work here, work at your own risk, be aware of company spies, co-workers that gossip a lot about others, managerment is sloppy, unorganized and remedial.
Job Security
Machine Operator and Packager Trainer (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: very hot
I enjoyed working there. A lots of turned over since the environment is very hot, but great people to work with.
Very good job security
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: language barrier between employees
Working here has taught me a lot about manufacturing and more so about the Hispanic cultures.
Buyer (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 14, 2013
Poly-America was a good a place to start a professional career and I learned a lot during my time there.
What you hire on at is what you stay at..
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 26, 2013
A typical day at Poly consists of clocking in and waiting until 5pm to punch out. Very boring. l learned a little bit from one of my co-workers but thats it.
Good job if you are of a ceratin race/ethnicity or you dont have an opinion
packager (Former Employee), grand praire, txSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: employee badge could be used as debit card at vending machines
Cons: long hours. hard labor. hot environment
I believe in putting in hard work but I totally disagree with the training process its impossible to have some one who barely knows english to train someone who only speaks english. management shows favortism and is overly affectionate to emoloyees. Basically its a company full of clicks. Managers do not communicate and basically treatment is based off of looks. long hours hot conditions. if you are willing to break your back for $11.75 thats the job for you
productive and fast paced work environment great for looking to challenge yourself
Packager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: pay schedule
Poly America is a big company with many great workers. Fast paced work environment that will challenge anybody's mind.

About Poly-America

Poly-America, L.P., leading plastics manufacturer, is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join our engineering team. Poly-America – Read more

Poly-America Salaries