Poly-America Employee Reviews

Poor management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 1, 2017
I was happy until I was forced to transfer to first shift. I was a single parent. This was why I left . They have plenty of hours to work. They are always trying to improve. I personally feel management doesn't care about hourly employees.
bad work
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 9, 2017
they have points and will replace you I was a hard worker and its just not a good job if you gonna miss some days off management like to pick and chose watch out
Pros
money okay
Cons
bad management
Hard Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 2, 2017
To me it was a relaxed job doing the job I did, Driving that is. I had no problems with the leadership team that I was under. I would recommend this job.
Concerned with product over people
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2017
revolving door of new hires. So much focus is on product over developing people. Company has a tendency to lose good people.
Some that are hired aren't qualified to work there.
Pros
4on 4 off
Cons
priorties
Buena
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 11, 2017
36 horas cuatro semanas y 48 las próximas 4.
Turno fijos
Pros
Seguro médico, dental
Cons
Una vez seas bueno en la posición no te dejan seguir escalando
Very hard place to work
Packager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 28, 2017
A typical day at poly-america is frustrating and over working. What I've learned at poly-america is hard work and the limits I have as a person and how to control myself when I've reached my limits. Managers and supervisors are unfair, cruel and play favoritism. They're are several hard parts to working at poly but one that really get to me is trying to do your job and the managers have to find one reason to get on to you. One thing that makes poly-america workable is the pay and the 4 days off.
Cons
Short breaks and managment
Stressful place
Forklift Driver and Packager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 9, 2017
I worked for Poly America for a year and I will never go back to that place. Management have favorites and they will put you in the worst place to work.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad place to work
Ambiente laboral agitado
Packer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 2, 2017
Es un buen trabajo.. el pago es aceptable aunque estaría en consideración a los del turno de la noche aumentarles...trabajo en el cual tienes que estar largas horas de pie...
Pros
Seguro medico. 4 dias de trabajo y 3 de descanso..
Cons
12 hr de trabajo.
A Productive Workplace
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 27, 2017
A day at Poly-America soon as you clock in its a nonstop packing prodecure. I worked in an area to where there 6 different lines. Packing all sorts of bags. I've learn hard work really pays off. the hardest part of the job was the hours
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Hours
Cons
Promotions, Acknowledgements
supervisor and managers unfair
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  mt belvieu, txMay 23, 2017
the pay was ok but if you call in sick or take vacation day it counts points off. if you get so many points you are give 3 days off. this is the 1st jobs that I have had that does this. I think it is unfair to the employee.
Review
Traffic Administrative Assistant/Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 7, 2017
Very laid back work enviroment. They allow overtime if you need it. Only complaint here is the pay was very low and raises were very small and very rare.
Its a good place to work good hours nice pay. Optional overtime is also good can make up to 55-60 hours a week.
Packager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company it has a lot of mixed culture people and you can get really far in this company if you stay there and just work hard.
safe work for espanich and not for another country people
Forklift Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 5, 2017
hard and fast work, spanich kingdom place, to do not be one of them will make do a most hard line and be quit or fired.
you can get more money on overtime
Mediocre Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 23, 2017
For the most part working at Poly- America wasn't a bad deal, I knew the President of the company on a personal level, so he worked with me as i went to school, but had it not been for my personal relationship with him, I would not have been able to obtain my employment there, their work hours, shifts are not at all flexible, but the work is constant. The pay for some jobs i feel could be increased given the working conditions. Some of the management is a joke there, and some of the management at Poly is really there to help you succeed and move up in the company.
Pros
Great health benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, and tough work conditions.
Terrible Place to Work
Quality Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 19, 2017
As a Quality Control Technician I worked in a loud, facility with no climate control. The fork lift drivers nearly ran me over on two occasions and my boss would constantly brag about his previous "conquests" in meetings..
its ok
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 14, 2017
good benefits,
ok workplace,
12 hour shifts
4 days on 4 days off
overtime is always available
plenty of positions to move around
good pay compared to many places
you get paid weekly
Es un buen empleo
Empacador (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 7, 2017
Excelente lugar para emprender una nueva experiencia de empleo y crecer como persona, tuve que dejarlo porque me mudé para Orlando FL pero aprendí lo necesario y les agradezco la oportunidad.
Great for the most part.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 25, 2017
I loved the job but working 12 hours a day 4 days in a row was not good for me. I have a toddler and I wasn't able to sleep any those 4 days. I would have stayed if they had an option for half days.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Hours
This place is a joke
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXFebruary 14, 2017
poor management ,no advancement, point system is set up to keep you from ever getting raises. I informed management of safety issues with other workers and nothing was done. I highly recommend not going to this company if you can avoid it. I made friends with some of the OTR drivers there out of the main office in Grand Prairie and that place is a joke too. You've been warned!!!
Pros
Good money steady hours
Cons
Management is a joke, hostile environment between workers
Good people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 29, 2016
Very good job. Awesome people to work with. Very diverse and very good pay. Supervisors are pretty stupid though lol. Hours can suck very much but in the end its worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poly-America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9