Poly-America Employee Reviews

This place is a joke
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXFebruary 14, 2017
poor management ,no advancement, point system is set up to keep you from ever getting raises. I informed management of safety issues with other workers and nothing was done. I highly recommend not going to this company if you can avoid it. I made friends with some of the OTR drivers there out of the main office in Grand Prairie and that place is a joke too. You've been warned!!!
Pros
Good money steady hours
Cons
Management is a joke, hostile environment between workers
Good secure Job but....
Electrician/ Lead Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 20, 2016
Job security? YES
Place to make a career? NO
This is the type of job where you need to go to work, punch in on the clock and go home and be with your loved ones. Too much personal drama. Supervision and management have no respect for family life and personal life.
This is a place where men are dogs, no matter if they are in management or supervisory positions.
Many people have family working here but that does not stop men from harassing females.

You are only a number
Promotes Positions to management mostly from within which normally means, "no education towards leadership/people skills."
Pros
Job security
Cons
Family interference, Managment
Good people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 29, 2016
Very good job. Awesome people to work with. Very diverse and very good pay. Supervisors are pretty stupid though lol. Hours can suck very much but in the end its worth it
decent but not great
Yard Hostler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 15, 2016
As a yard hopper, you'll have to deal with moving old and deteriorated trailers that can tip over due to bad loading. Be careful because they give you safety points for anything. Its a big yard with a lot of forklift and golf cart traffic among other things. Nightshift is the shift you want because day shift is more busy and there's people watching you. Its a decent company but there's too many ways to get fired to say its a long term job opportunity
Pros
can use id card to buy snacks, 4 on/4 off schedule gives you a lot of free time
Cons
high turn over and lots of regulations
It was productive
Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 10, 2016
You're always busy. It's a good job can be fun. They give good overtime hours. Pay is good. Raises are given maybe every 3 to 6 months.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 14, 2016
It's like many other jobs. Some aspects are good others are terrible. If you have family this would be a great fit. Due to the scheduling you work four days then your off four days. Pay wise it sucks really. Not as much as other ware houses though.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Been at Poly for about 8 months at first it seemed ok but soon I realized the language barrier between me and pretty much everyone else. Safety seems to be no concern to management, there is absolutely no upward movement. HR department is incompetant. Waste of time. Do Not Work Here unless you are totally desperate and even so keep looking for employment elsewhere. No job no pay is worth getting injured and It can happen easily here. And they'll just replace you no care for employees at all
Pros
If your bilingual this job is great for you
Cons
Unsafe company, no raises, favortism, incompetency thru-out
sucks
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 5, 2016
Company is to fancy but don't care about their employees life or employees achievements. I really did not like this company.
Pros
no good
Cons
no good
Terrible company to work for.
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 8, 2016
I worked here for just over a year. Poor pay, constant harassment from men and women. Very few speak English. Just an all around terrible place to work.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
this place is a joke
maintenance (Current Employee) –  cottage grove, mnDecember 17, 2015
By far the worst company I've worked for. You start out by getting "trained in" by someone that speaks a different language. Pay is low. Inssuance is expensive. No time off for the first year. Then you only get a week vacation after that. If you need to take a day off forget ever ever getting a raise. Their moto is "if you can afford to take a day off you make too much money." Management is completely useless. Cant make a single decision without having it approved by corperate. Their idea of managing is standing there watching you work to try to make you work faster. The faster they need somthing done the more managers stand there to watch. Its hot, loud, constant cloud of smoke in the building, and very dirty. Don't expect to get anywhere in this company they will stab you in the back any chance they get.
Pros
401k match
Cons
everything else
Productive.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 17, 2016
The job environment was fast paced and very productive. The major challenge was working an irregular week schedule of four days on - four days off, so i could not fit in the school schedule.
nice pay
Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 14, 2016
packing trash bags, fast working environment, learned warehouse skills, hardest part was working over night, team player co-workers.
Not a good place to work at, at all! Safety is not a priority for employees and safety management sucks and has no experience in managing!
Safety Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 3, 2015
I would not recommend working at this place! Chances of being injured or killed are very high. Production is the only concern! Your family doesn't matter at all.
Pros
Some good people that work at the place.
Cons
Some of the managers are incompetent and show favoritism! Some don't have a clue of what goes on!
Very Busy
Picker (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Time goes by rather quickly once you figure out the job. The job could pay more but it does not.The 4 on 4 off work schedule is a plus, because you have plenty of time off to take care of any of your personal business on the outside.
Fast paced job where I gained a ton of warehouse expirience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 17, 2015
When I came into work at 5am I would head to the warehouse to check out a forklift. From there I would head to the building I was designated to work in. My job was to pull fresh merchandise off of the production line and stock it in the warehouse. In addition to stocking merchandise I took inventory for a 6 month period. In my last year working for the company I managed my own building under my supervisor. I was in charge of making sure all stock was put away, contractor orders were fulfilled and cleanliness maintained.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
12 hour shifts
It was an incredible place to work and the people who trained are good at training.
Forklift Operator and Packager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 29, 2015
No typical days all good. What I've learned was Fork lift driving, machine operator, packager, stocking, marking skids, loading and unloading; etc.. The management there was good they work with your schedule if you were in school and sick or emergencies. Hardest part of job I have to say was well nothing at all exactly. Most enjoyable part is always showing up on time working at fast paced and getting every order out and all trucks.
Pros
1hour ever break per 3 breaks.
Cons
N/A
testful , learning experience , educational environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie TexasJune 23, 2015
as needed repair of over 250 production related equipment , everyday different , communication a problem at times , multi cultural staff , not every employee has the same agenda related to employment , it is what it is , high speed production . not perfect but you make of it what you will .....
alot of pros and cons
A Packager they done wrong (Former Employee) –  Grand PrairieJanuary 8, 2015
work is ok, I have learn a lot, and the management need to know there people better, some of my co-workers are ok but dislike the ones that intimidate others, the heat during the summer and the cold during the winter.
Pros
pay is good, managment is ok
Cons
poor training, bad commucation between packagers and operators (operators ignore the packagers), the is no focus on the rules the company set, cordinators intimidate others, operators sign off bad product as good, a HOSTILE WORK ENVIROMENT.
Poly-America
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 28, 2014
One of the largest manufacturers of polyurethane and plastic products in the world. Privately held company that employs thousands, one of its greatest strengths for employees is that its a very stable company,..when other companies were laying off employees during the recession 2008/2009, Poly-America remained strong during this tenure. The company has a strategic growth pattern, and has grown more vibrant and diverse since my time there.
Pros
portfolios held by some very large corporations such as WalMart, Sams, Target ensure its strength in the marketplace
Cons
difficult to be promoted/ no set structure for promotion/ various unorthodox doctrines
productive work environment
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  grand prairie, txApril 18, 2014
This job is a front, one you're hired on your basically a slave for working long hours, 48 hours shifts one month and 36 hours on the following month, which doesn't make sense. You'll be lucky if you have a Monday thru Friday position without getting any hours taken away from you. My advice to some, if you wanna work here, work at your own risk, be aware of company spies, co-workers that gossip a lot about others, managerment is sloppy, unorganized and remedial.
Pros
steady work environment
Cons
short breaks, pay rate, and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poly-America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9