Poly-America Employee Reviews in United States

this place is a joke
maintenance (Current Employee) –  cottage grove, mnDecember 17, 2015
By far the worst company I've worked for. You start out by getting "trained in" by someone that speaks a different language. Pay is low. Inssuance is expensive. No time off for the first year. Then you only get a week vacation after that. If you need to take a day off forget ever ever getting a raise. Their moto is "if you can afford to take a day off you make too much money." Management is completely useless. Cant make a single decision without having it approved by corperate. Their idea of managing is standing there watching you work to try to make you work faster. The faster they need somthing done the more managers stand there to watch. Its hot, loud, constant cloud of smoke in the building, and very dirty. Don't expect to get anywhere in this company they will stab you in the back any chance they get.
Pros
401k match
Cons
everything else
Horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Been at Poly for about 8 months at first it seemed ok but soon I realized the language barrier between me and pretty much everyone else. Safety seems to be no concern to management, there is absolutely no upward movement. HR department is incompetant. Waste of time. Do Not Work Here unless you are totally desperate and even so keep looking for employment elsewhere. No job no pay is worth getting injured and It can happen easily here. And they'll just replace you no care for employees at all
Pros
If your bilingual this job is great for you
Cons
Unsafe company, no raises, favortism, incompetency thru-out
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 14, 2016
It's like many other jobs. Some aspects are good others are terrible. If you have family this would be a great fit. Due to the scheduling you work four days then your off four days. Pay wise it sucks really. Not as much as other ware houses though.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible company to work for.
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 8, 2016
I worked here for just over a year. Poor pay, constant harassment from men and women. Very few speak English. Just an all around terrible place to work.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Productive.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 17, 2016
The job environment was fast paced and very productive. The major challenge was working an irregular week schedule of four days on - four days off, so i could not fit in the school schedule.
great place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 20, 2015
they offered great benifits and i love the hours and overtime they offered and managment was great and liked the 4 days on and 4 days off
nice pay
Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 14, 2016
packing trash bags, fast working environment, learned warehouse skills, hardest part was working over night, team player co-workers.
Very Busy
Picker (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Time goes by rather quickly once you figure out the job. The job could pay more but it does not.The 4 on 4 off work schedule is a plus, because you have plenty of time off to take care of any of your personal business on the outside.
Not a good place to work at, at all! Safety is not a priority for employees and safety management sucks and has no experience in managing!
Safety Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 3, 2015
I would not recommend working at this place! Chances of being injured or killed are very high. Production is the only concern! Your family doesn't matter at all.
Pros
Some good people that work at the place.
Cons
Some of the managers are incompetent and show favoritism! Some don't have a clue of what goes on!
It was an incredible place to work and the people who trained are good at training.
Forklift Operator and Packager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 29, 2015
No typical days all good. What I've learned was Fork lift driving, machine operator, packager, stocking, marking skids, loading and unloading; etc.. The management there was good they work with your schedule if you were in school and sick or emergencies. Hardest part of job I have to say was well nothing at all exactly. Most enjoyable part is always showing up on time working at fast paced and getting every order out and all trucks.
Pros
1hour ever break per 3 breaks.
Cons
N/A
How does this company stay open?
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 30, 2014
You get to work 12 hour days, 4 days on, 4 days off. If you work the day shift, be prepared to deal with managers that don't communicate or know anything about maintenance. You get to be treated like children and are always the reason why a manager isn't happy/things are not going right/loss of production/people feeling sick/and every other reason they can think of. You constantly have to sign "updates" to company "policy." Safety is only a concern when OSHA or the owner is there. You are known as a number, not a person. There are special privileges to managers favorites or people from the Texas plant. The bathrooms are filthy, covered in graffiti and used toilet paper because of different ethnic groups fighting. It is hot in the summer and the swamp coolers rarely get turned on and cold in the winter as the heaters rarely get turned on. Management rarely comes out of their office and usually barks orders over the radio. The area where managers are is off limits except to a selected few. There is constant rework of the same thing due to managers and engineers that don't know what they want. There is also machines that are purposely broke by production so they can take breaks. Don't every expect to get a raise and if by some lucky chance you can, it will be 25 cents or less. The philosophy is if you want to get paid more, work more hours.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
health care expensive for families, long hours, no advancement, incompetent management
Fast paced job where I gained a ton of warehouse expirience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 17, 2015
When I came into work at 5am I would head to the warehouse to check out a forklift. From there I would head to the building I was designated to work in. My job was to pull fresh merchandise off of the production line and stock it in the warehouse. In addition to stocking merchandise I took inventory for a 6 month period. In my last year working for the company I managed my own building under my supervisor. I was in charge of making sure all stock was put away, contractor orders were fulfilled and cleanliness maintained.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
12 hour shifts
Good job if you are of a ceratin race/ethnicity or you dont have an opinion
packager (Former Employee) –  grand praire, txSeptember 18, 2013
I believe in putting in hard work but I totally disagree with the training process its impossible to have some one who barely knows english to train someone who only speaks english. management shows favortism and is overly affectionate to emoloyees. Basically its a company full of clicks. Managers do not communicate and basically treatment is based off of looks. long hours hot conditions. if you are willing to break your back for $11.75 thats the job for you
Pros
employee badge could be used as debit card at vending machines
Cons
long hours. hard labor. hot environment
Stable company with unstable management
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TxFebruary 24, 2012
Management is a 'good ole boys' club. If you don't fit you are sure to be booted. Warehouse personnel is worked to death and office personnel is treated even worse. Managers are clueless and leave their office workers to do all the work while they boast about how great their department is. Warehouse workers complaints are not heard. Anyone who doesn't 'fall into place' will find themselves kicked to the curb for lame reasons.
Pros
gas pumps on site for use after 6 months on job, deducted from paycheck
Cons
healthcare benefits expensive, no days off for one year after start date
productive work environment
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  grand prairie, txApril 18, 2014
This job is a front, one you're hired on your basically a slave for working long hours, 48 hours shifts one month and 36 hours on the following month, which doesn't make sense. You'll be lucky if you have a Monday thru Friday position without getting any hours taken away from you. My advice to some, if you wanna work here, work at your own risk, be aware of company spies, co-workers that gossip a lot about others, managerment is sloppy, unorganized and remedial.
Pros
steady work environment
Cons
short breaks, pay rate, and poor management
Fast paced, must get in cliques real fast or you are a goner.
electrician (Former Employee) –  Grand PrairieNovember 29, 2012
I thought this was the job I would retire from. I didn't mind the low pay or horrible working conditions. I enjoyed my coworkers and remain friends with most today. But the management team was a bunch of good ole boys. I was by far the most knowledgeable electrician in the plant. I was bullied out the door. I have my own electrical contracting business now and make 100x the money I was really hurt by thr way I was treated.
Pros
insurance and 401k
Cons
management and pay
Poly-America
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 28, 2014
One of the largest manufacturers of polyurethane and plastic products in the world. Privately held company that employs thousands, one of its greatest strengths for employees is that its a very stable company,..when other companies were laying off employees during the recession 2008/2009, Poly-America remained strong during this tenure. The company has a strategic growth pattern, and has grown more vibrant and diverse since my time there.
Pros
portfolios held by some very large corporations such as walmart, sams, target ensure its strength in the marketplace
Cons
difficult to be promoted/ no set structure for promotion/ various unorthodox doctrines
alot of pros and cons
A Packager they done wrong (Former Employee) –  Grand PrairieJanuary 8, 2015
work is ok, I have learn a lot, and the management need to know there people better, some of my co-workers are ok but dislike the ones that intimidate others, the heat during the summer and the cold during the winter.
Pros
pay is good, managment is ok
Cons
poor training, bad commucation between packagers and operators (operators ignore the packagers), the is no focus on the rules the company set, cordinators intimidate others, operators sign off bad product as good, a hostile work enviroment.
fast pace and always busy
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 23, 2015
great place for job security. always something to do and always busy no matter what is going on in the world. it's owned by jews. has no "debt" to the government as they say and weekly paychecks.
testful , learning experience , educational environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie TexasJune 23, 2015
as needed repair of over 250 production related equipment , everyday different , communication a problem at times , multi cultural staff , not every employee has the same agenda related to employment , it is what it is , high speed production . not perfect but you make of it what you will .....