Poly America Employee Reviews

Actually relax enviroment
Store room clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Very fast pace and easy to learn workplace. Friendly environment and real easy to catch on. Management is really great depending on what department you are currently working in.
Pros
constant work
Cons
twelve hours shifts for 4 days
Productive and fun workplace environment
Machine Operator/Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 28, 2017
Ran 3-5 lung-meng machines which were 3 levels high. Ensured all guages were set to correct rpms, check paint for correct vescosity, making sure plastic winding roll was the correct width,lenght, and thickness. Paperwork hourly per each machine. Also meet 4 finished qulity rolls per shift. Great lead man and great work cukture to be around.
it was ok
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 22, 2017
i thought it was a good place to work at. But it as a different the people there . the leads treat you different and the want to make sure it gets done today.
Work is hard but it pays off
Heavy Machinery Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working here. It was straight to the point, and I knew what I had to do as soon as I clocked in. It was fast paced yeah but time passed by quickly because your always busy.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Hours
Hard
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 16, 2017
In poly America when they start u they start u in the fast lines only promote when they need to promote when they promote someone to forklift they don't give a raise.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No raises
Esta bien
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 19, 2017
Esta bien el trabajo ,solo que era de noche no me gustaba.
Pros
Si
Cons
Si hay
A typical work at work
Packager/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 18, 2017
A typical work at work. Good job for someone right out of high school. Worked at a warehouse packaging boxes. I personally like the work schedule. I work four 10 hour shifts and had 3 days off.
Decent place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 3, 2017
Pay is decent. Management is decent but sometimes show favoritism. Working environment is rough, hot in the summer and cold in the winter. 12 hour days, 4 on and 4 off.
Pros
Four days off.
Cons
No advancement opportunities. Management is disconnected.
okay
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Okay atmosphere, slow paced, relaxed, the pay is okay, everyone is friendly, attention to detail, hard at times, but that is with any job, learned a lot.
benefits on snacks and meals in te break room.
Packer And Packager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 12, 2017
A work week was usually slow but fast at the same time. The pay was very good but it wasn't worth the work environment and work procedures you would have to endure 4 days out of a week. my supervisor was laid back and cool but his crew underneath him weren't as passionate about the workplace as he was, and it showed.
Pros
vending prices
Cons
work procedures
Would not recommend.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 22, 2017
There's terrible management and a uncomfortable work environment.
36 hour checks on 48 hour pay periods.
Unprofessional employees.
Racism and harassment.
Favoritism.
Short ineffective training.
No consistency or stability.
A point system that terribly reflects your work ethic.
Illegal activity.
Non climate control, plus there's old dusty fans that don't work well.
Spiders, rats, ants.
High turn over rate.
A lot of dishonesty.
Most people here don't speak English well.
Pros
Clocking out
hi
Packer/operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75051July 24, 2017
i liked working here but for the ones i recommend just do a good job and watch everything you do and detail . the job is fast paced and everything you learn will come to an advantage in the long run with the company
Producttive and fun workplace
Production Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 7, 2017
Great benefits just have to adjust sleep schedule with the hours you work, The employees there are easy to get along with and you can change your position based on supervisor response
Good amount of breaks for 12 hour shifts
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 14, 2017
Work was good. Always had work and always had a good day at work. For working 12 hours 4 days on and 4 off might seem like a lot but getting paid 12.50 was a great amount of pay. I liked getting put in different positions to work in, every day it changed. The hardest part about the job was sometimes I had to pack those boxes into another box and sometimes the boxes were a little heavy but I always managed. I enjoyed working overnight because during the summer time it would be hot during the day and of course a cooler climate at night.
Pros
Vending Machines, Good breaks, Fans
Cons
No Gloves
Workplace was really simple & hot.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2017
I loved the pay there as an employee. Although the environment was really hot ! So hot to the point where you have sweat dropping in your eye. My manager was such a sweetheart !
good pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 1, 2017
good pay but can be tiering working 12 hours for 4 days , they offer you overtime and pay for your breaks, its not hard to move ranks, but the supervisors and coordinators have favorites.
Pros
payed break, overtime chances
Cons
play favorites
plenty of help, not rushed, everyone experienced
electrician (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 8, 2017
job varied from task to task. We had six engineers on the job at all time. all jobs had proper materials and engineering planning, no surprises. communication and co-operation was good.
Pros
We had time to do a good job.
Cons
some favoritism. raises slow coming. low pay
Diverse and hardworking enviroment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 27, 2017
Although my career here was short lived it was an ideal work environment for myself. I enjoyed coming into work to find my peers ready to take on the day. It made me feel confident that my co-workers and I had the same mind state. The management team has my upmost respect because they respect my work ethic and never felt the need to constantly check on our team, which I feel like it gave us more independence. Overall, Poly- America is an great company with great staff and a perfect shift setup.
productive fast work environment
assistant coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 9, 2017
such a friendly environment to work in. everyone is so nice and willing to teach and help at anytime. great job if you like a fast pace work environment.
Hours are great
Shipping Sit Down forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Great hour and long three weeks before you get on your shift but you get four days on and four days off which great. But once you start your shift you cant leave for lunch so bring your lunch