Polyclinic Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding positions that enabled me to grow within the medical field.
Staffing Coordinator & Systems Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2016
I immediately went to work at the Polyclinic after obtaining my M.A. degree. I started out as a front desk receptionist. I also did coding and billing for my Doctors. After a few short months I moved to the back office as a Medical Assistant providing patient care. Within less than two years I had been the longest standing M.A. This meant that I was solely responsible for all back office operations, including ordering/maintaining supplies, patient rooming, telephones, check in/out, managing drug sample closet as well as other duties. I trained all new staff and backed the front desk as well.
After approximately two years I transferred clinics where I worked with a wonderful M.D. for eight glorious years. This man mentored me both professionally as well as personally. Unfortunately I was no longer challenged within the role of M.A. and moved on to more administrative/leadership type positions.
I was promoted to Staffing Coordinator and Systems Trainer. Managing our float pool staff as well as providing training to all of our new staff. I left this company to pursue further leadership positions that were not offered at that time within the company.
Pros
Plenty of positions and locations.
Cons
Most locations are located within the city.
Decent place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2016
Most days are fairly enjoyable and the job is pretty easy if you're good with computer software. (you don't have to be a programmer) Most of the teams I've worked with are fairly pleasant, few take the initiative in hanging out with each other outside of work. The managers I've met are pretty genuine and easy to get along. Polyclinic discipline policy is pretty passive, I've heard some stories .

The most enjoyable part of the job, to me, is that work stays at work and I don't have to worry about it when I get home. The benefits have started to get worse and I don't think it's going to better any time soon.

Overall it's a okay/consistent job where the cons outweigh the pros.
Pros
Work/Life balance, 401k (Poly makes small contribution), multiple locations, 90% payed bus pass
Cons
Benefits, Bad Insurance, Small Annual Pay Raise, Tuition Reimbursement is gone, Inadequate description of responsibilities
great co workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2016
Love my Doctor and co workers the atmosphere is wonderful and for the most part the patients are wonderful as well. I have enjoyed working here and would love to continue working here if i could advance into management.
Pros
atmosphere
benefits
Fun to work and very educational
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 31, 2016
Great place to work! Great doctors, nurses,managers and staff! Great benefits. All doctor owned! You will never go wrong by being a patient at this clinic. They really care about their patients.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Need more locations up north
Very Professional and Intellectual group of people to work for.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 11, 2016
I loved working for the Polyclinic. I have many friends whose I care about that are still employees there. I was stimulated intellectually and physically every day that I worked here. I am still upset that I lost touch with my employer after I was in a bad accident. I enjoyed the clinic atmosphere of the Polyclinic. I enjoyed helping people go through their admission to the clinic, caring for them during their procedures and teach/discharging them home afterwards. Working with the other nurses and physicians was very enjoyable for me.
Pros
Supportive group of physician to work with.
Cons
Failure to communicate with employer effectively.
IT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 29, 2016
*Great teams and individuals
* Management could have provided better incentives
* bad compensation/benefits - non existent
* no room for advancement
great team environment
ophthalmic technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2016
This is a great team environment. Management is always available for support. Patients are great. Everyone wants to help each other, help patients. They emphasize quality patient care.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2015
my very first job as a medical assistant. I learned a lot in a short period of time. my colleges and Doctors are wonderful to work with.
great productivity
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  madison centerJune 18, 2015
good management, good team work. good communication between employees and the managers. I had good experience while working and a great opportunity in learning customer service.
Pros
great coworkers
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 15, 2015
Started at Multicare out of my externship as a float in pediatrics, cardiology, family practice & OB/GYN. Enjoyed working as a medial assistant and starting off my career there.
fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2015
 Answered inbound calls and assisted callers with payments on accounts Made outbound calls assisted
 patients with resolving their accounts Followed up on accounts that where pasted due and on
 insurance payments Sent necessary documents in which insurance requested to make payments on accounts
Overall a good place
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SeattleMarch 12, 2015
overall a good place to work. I feel that after being her for 12 years, the mission seems to be slipping away. I feel employee work extrememly hard, but aren't reconized as much as they should be. I feel this is why the clinic is loosing a lot of great employees. Some of the daily/weekly/monthly and other work i do as a supervisor.

Daily Duties:
1. Send out the morning staffing sheet.
2. Send out the morning reports to staff.
3. Round on staff and MDs to ensure clinic is running smoothly.
4. Spend 1-2 hours observing in the pods.
5. Cover in the pods as needed.
6. Review and respond to all emails.
7. Problems solve workflow issues as they arise.
8. Correct timesheets. (Payroll)
9. Approve PTO and created a staffing plan for all vacations.
10. Work with MA to achieve bundle reports

Weekly Duties:
1. Meet with lead PSR/ Manager at assigned time to review progress on daily reports, MU reports, phone stats, training, and any staff issues.
2. Help MAs complete open back office orders and open encounters.
3. Check to make sure the autoclave ATTEST was completed for the previous week.
4. Send out MU reports to the staff and counsel them for any areas we are not meeting the requirement.
5. Attend meetings as assigned.
6. Assist manager with the staffing plan for all vacations.
7. Payroll.

Monthly Duties:
1. Prepare agenda for staff meetings.
2. Lead staff meetings, with PM.
3. Perform monthly vaccine count and send reports and orders in to the state.
4. Perform monthly site safety check.
5. Do variance reports and expense variance reports with PM
6. Go over budget for the month
  more...
Other Duties As Needed:
1. Resolve any staff related complaints from patients, coworkers, other clinic employees, and MDs.
2. Update/block physician schedules to for vacations and ensure extra acute spots are reserved when needed
3. Approve and submit special orders.
4. Counsel employees as needed for performance issues.
5. Write and give staff performance reviews.
6. Round 1:1 on all staff at least every other month.
7. Assist manager with research and projects as needed.
8. Assist with quarterly disaster drills.
9. Set up clinic training meetings for staff.
10. Correct physician templates when needed.
11. Prepare training materials for staff as needed.
12. Trouble shooting broken equipment and fixing it on site or contacting support services if needed.
13. Trouble shooting tablet/printing/wireless issues on site or contacting IT if needed.
14. Interview and hire new employees.
15. Terminate employees.
16. Enter work orders as needed.
17. Jump on phones/schedule when needed
18. Work on the floor for a MD when needed
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great co-workers, physicians, good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 5, 2015
Enjoyed working at the PolyClinic while attending school. Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate school schedule. Caring environment.
Building patient relationships
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2014
I provide check in and out services, schedule pts, room and vital patients, order labs and referrals in epic, triage phone calls, help maintain supplies, update chart information in electronic records, help with medication refills, assist doctor in exam room when needed, and provide a high quality patient experience.
Bad management and Leadership
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2014
Pay rate is the only good thing about this place, besides the easy clinic hours.

Management micro-manages and disrespects you along the way. Human Resources doesn't have a clue about what goes on with the place, they leave everything up to department supervisors which usually ends in disaster when it comes to employee fairness.

The doctors and the patients are another upside to working there.

Overall experience is negative, would not recommend to anyone, its definitely a non-union work place so be aware.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
management/work environment
Awesome to work for.
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  seattle, washingtonJuly 30, 2014
Probably one of the best jobs I have ever had. Everyone is pleasant to work with they strive for employees to be happy and continue to learn and grow .
usually nice enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2014
learned to work very fast

hours of operation are nice

providers are experienced and nice to staff
patient always come first at this clinic, great team work
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2014
It a small friendly clinic, some day are very busy, i have learn how to use epic and sending message to back office, we have a manage but only come once a week, co-worker are great, good team work, try to understand patient with limited english with out interpret, you bill a bond with patient they joke and me you smile, when they leave the clinic happy you feel rewarded
Pros
they clinic care for their worker
Cons
most of the time we don't get break work through 8 hours shift but it ok
Great Physicians
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 18, 2013
I worked for and along side many of the Physicians at the Downtown Seattle Polyclinic during my employment. I enjoyed experiencing all the different work styles and types of patients these Physicians had.
Billing Coordinator I/Followup (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2013
it was a temp position no benefits or vacation however I like the people I worked with
Pros
temp
Cons
temp

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polyclinic. Our community is ready to answer.