Polycom, Inc.

Polycom, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great place to work at. Management is supportive.
Global Wireless Service Operations Manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 3, 2014
Enjoyed working at Polycom. Co-workers as well as management are supportive.
Day @ Polycom
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: wfh
Cons: no office
Working on T3 cases on all Polycom products.
Very technical and challenging job. Learn something new everyday.
Very supportive management and co-worker
Great Comany to work for
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 24, 2014
Pros: pay, bonus, schedule
Best Company to work for. The team that you will working with, are incredible people, great pay and an Amazing team of management!
Technical Account Specialist (Current Employee), andover, maAugust 18, 2014
Information is not freely shared between teams which feels like you are inside of a box.
productive fun place to work
Sr Project Msnsger (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2014
It is a great product and a dedicated group of employees driven to satisfy the customer. Enjoyed my time there..
nice work eviroment, but not recomended
poduction operator (Current Employee), englewoodMay 31, 2014
Pros: good healthcare, family first, local good management.
Cons: senior management at corperate level subpar.
From the time polycom took over the dayton location, you had to know that employment was short lived. We started with 30 employees, and now we have 5. The company likes to outsorce as much as they can. The people that I work with are a great bunch, it is fun to go to work.
Loved my time there!
Inventory Management Specialist/ Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: didn't wish for it to end
The thing I loved the most was having an entire tech dept. to ask any question. I really learned alot during my time there
Was a great place to work.
Senior Systems Engineer Interoperability (Former Employee), Goleta, CAApril 9, 2014
Engineers were very knowledgeable and talented.

Great atmosphere.
Great opportunity and learning experience
Analyst Relations Associate (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great learning experience. great culture.
Cons: wasn't my passion. not good job security.
Polycom was my first job out of College. It was a great learning experience for me as I started as an intern and then got hired on as a contract employee.

I was an Analyst Relations Associate and my daily responsibilities included the following:

Facilitated relationships between Polycom executives and third-party industry analyst firms
• Hosted daily – more... briefing and inquiry calls with analysts from Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc.
• Prepared high-level briefing documents, and post meeting write-ups for executives.
• Established a detailed Social Media program to improve collaboration with analysts.
• Organized company-wide “Value Olympics” event to promote core company values.
• Assisted in the creation of a promotional video that is now used by HR for recruitment – less
Good place to work just don't plan on staying long
Sales Engineering Role (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: total lack of leadership, no product innovation, layoffs
Good compensation(pay) but they did away with earning and carrying over vacation time now its called FLEX time. Translated, don't take off.

If you do too well you put a target on your back for their annual cost cutting(layoffs). For the most part its a good place to work but Top Leaders have killed the moral, innovation and stock price.
Good video conferencing product line.
Contract Technical Writer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Product development is sometimes slow due to Bangalore UI developers.
Want to have no free time? Work at Polycom!
Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 6, 2013
Cons: long hours and frequent layoffs
They want you to work ridiculous hours and then you're not rewarded in any way ... not even a thank you sometimes. It is expected. Office politics is a way of life and if someone doesn't like you, you are gone. Layoffs are a way of life. I think it's an easy way to get rid of people they don't want around anymore. Go some place else!!!
Very nice facilities, fair compensation, but very demanding: it's a revolving door for employees
Senior Leadership (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: nice gym and cafe in building
Cons: very little recognition for successes, and always looking for scapegoats on failures. it's a tough environment.
Beautiful facilities (gorgeous lobby, briefing centers, cafe, gym, etc.) make it appealing on the surface. But once you're on board, you are going to work your life away here. Extremely demanding environment with very little work/life balance. Go workers are great, but management is difficult to read; often says one thing and does another. Layoffs seem – more... to happen quarterly (as a way to cut costs), so nobody can be confident that their job will still be there tomorrow. And it is like a revolving door. Folks leaving the company all the time (sometimes willingly, but other times due to layoffs). This introduces a lot of stress in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a passionate group of professionals (although that group changes often due to the revolving door). – less
BEWARE - Layoffs are "normal"
Video Technician (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: free sodas and snacks
Cons: layoffs and lies!
I learned the hard way that Polycom manages business by laying off employees every 3-6 months...and ALWAYS just before bonus checks come out! They are very nice to your face, but stab you in the back.
Great opportunities
Global Channel Communications Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Interesting technology, good people, challenging and fast paced environment. Fair compensation and benefits.
Nice place and people
Integration/Fault Isolation Test Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 10, 2013
Pros: friendly staff/workmates, onsite cafeteria.
Cons: contractors are seen as expendable.
I liked working there, but was on as a "contract to hire". Due to the way their HR works, the full-time recs are closed after 1 month if the position isn't filled. Even tho I was technically there, the rec went away and my "contract to hire" became just a contract.
Fantastic Job!
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: life work balance is off with night and weekend work required to maintain
I love the job I have and love the company! This is a fantastic place to work and would reccommed it to anyone.
Fast Paced Environment
Order Management Specialist II (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 5, 2013
Pros: activities thoughout the year to encourage employees and promote team building
Cons: brutal quarter ends
Great group of people to work with. Management communication regarding up-to-date changes very informative.
Amazing Place to Work
Import/ Export Auditor (Former Employee), Boulder, COApril 3, 2013
Well managed and amazing pay rate. I lovd m co-workers, and the scheduling was very helpful.
Nice facility
Auditor, Revenue and Quality Control (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 26, 2013
It's a fun working environment. Teammates are very nice on the floor.

1 2 3

About Polycom, Inc.

Polycom's vision is a world united by video. The company makes video-conferencing and immersive telepresence (which combines digital – Read more