Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Good place to learn and grow and develop. Lots of opportunities for a newbie to acquire. Good working conditions. Nice Manager who looks after employees!
Great benefits, horrible middle managers.
Production and Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHDecember 10, 2017
If there was a poster company that embodied the saying, "too many chiefs at the fire", it was Polycom. I have never had meetings, about the next meeting, about what we want to do, and then maybe something gets done. All the meanwhile you are bombarded by deadlines, but stuck in meetings. Company allowed the business units to be run like Greek city states. You weren't sure if Cisco was our competitor or our own colleagues. The balance to all of that was a top shelf benefits package.
Benefits
Cons
Infighting
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 4, 2017
Super place to work and learn how to us Channel and Resellers Polycom will introduce you to a lot of local professionals that are the best in the area. You can learn a lot with working opportunities with them.
Fast Pace environment
Fiels Sevice Eng (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
As a field eng the integrations were very fast pace and busy especially working all over the East Coast witha great support from management and high levels of engineering
Pros
Cons
Traveling with short notice
Good company but lacking direction
Services Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
Too many changes and no definate direction. I am not sure why do I need to write so much. But in short good but lack of direction made too many people leave or got laid off.
steady
Global Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2017
Competitive market place.
Overall good people. Good products and great market place. Brand recognition is solid. Professionals in the UC market recognize and respect Polycom.
Highly stressful work place
Senior Fixed Asset Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 22, 2017
It was a very competitive and political work place. If the employees would have been stronger at training others, it might have made the place a bit better.
Pros
Paid for meals and hotel for overtime
Cons
Super stressful work environment
Very stable reliable company
Operations Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OhioOctober 6, 2017
Polycom management did take employees seriously and invited all employees to voice their ideas and suggestions Management made you feel valued and that you had a valuable role in the daily operations
Pros
Valued
Cons
Some late/early hours to participate in over seas business conference calls
Enjoyed the recruiters when I met them.
see above (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 29, 2017
Spherion is / was a staffing company. I was sent out to jobs on a temporary basis.
Meeting new people and doing various assignments. Increasing my knowledge base.
Pros
They found job for me.
Cons
Travel to job was too far.
A decent company with good people
Cloud Managed Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 13, 2017
Polycom is a good company at its core but they are by nature a company first people second company. I enjoyed my time working there tremendously but there are a lot of easy to fix problems that unfortunately the right people won't ever get the task of solving.
Talented people, good management
Sr Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 8, 2017
Polycom is a leader in "Work from anywhere" solutions (video, voice, collaboration) and has excellent partnerships with UC collaboration cloud leaders. The team I work on permits telecommuting (we practice what we sell/promote). This makes for great work life balance. Every call we are on at Polycom is a video call with screen sharing capability. This makes working with teams very productive.
Pros
Teleworking (in some groups)
Cons
A bit behind keeping up with salaries and bonuses compared to the rest of Silicon Valley
Typical High Tech Company
Director Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 25, 2017
Good place to work, enjoyed the work and challenge. Very typical of a high tech company with more focus on products and customers. But not a company that promotes growth.
Pros
Go Stable Job
Cons
No Growth
Typical Day at Polycom
SQA Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
Great environment to work in. Great people to work with. There were challenges to handle everyday and they were fun to work and try to resolve along with deadlines
Pros
Good Work Environment, colleagues, resources
Cons
Excellent learning and growth but little career advancement
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2017
Stressful management tension filtered down to the work teams. Interesting tech and great technical teams worldwide. Offshoring of work was difficult to manage. Several attempts at test automation dispersed QA team energy and lead to mistrust from Dev.
Pros
Great tech, good movement to soft products and cloud, good teams
Cons
Very difficult management tension filtered down to work teams
Great Company Great Products
CHANNEL MARKETING MANAGER-VAR PROGRAMS (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 1, 2017
It is great to work for a company that produces products that have become a household name. Everyone knows the iconic speaker phones and as used one at one time or another. The company is generous with essentials to work life balance. The people make it a great place to work.
Poor Management
Vice President - North America Sales & Channels (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 26, 2017
Polycom does not value their employee contributions or tenure. Their management is only focused on numbers and does not understand or value the importance of partners and customers. Polycom has fallen way behind the technology curve and is no longer competitive in the market.
Money was great but we were continually under staffed.
Dir of Prog Management/Director of Ops (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2017
All though it was a positive work environment and the stock was great, the work life balance was sacrifice your life so you can get your job done.
We were very motivated because the stock price was increasing so fast.
Because of that we lost relationships with or spouses and family members.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Great Place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2017
Great people here, if the pay was a bit more competitive they would retain a lot more talent. Tool purchase again is difficult due to some of the budget concerns
Cool Products
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 29, 2017
I worked there as a contractor for a year. The engineers needed me to label so pictures for them to integrate into their code. Great office, snacks in kitchen.
Pros
Offices
Great culture, Great management
Lead Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 22, 2017
Consult incoming leads through chat, inbound calls and web inquiries. Reaching out to any type of customers that provide contact information and shows a bit of interest with Polycom.

The sales team is extremely supportive and willing to help. Hardest part would be to manage time properly to make sure one is able to hit productivity.
Pros
Great culture and great management
Cons
My team is being relocated and I am not able to move with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polycom, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.