PolyOne Corporation Employee Reviews

A good place to start a career and advancement Riverview
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 3, 2017
Tips typical day at work in a manufacturing plant that I enjoy I get to be my own boss and also train other employees I've received valuable technology I can use is in the future. Bing machine operator teaches you to be precise on the products you produce to succeed to be the best up-to-date with technology self-taught self disciplined.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Good health care and benefits.
not safe place to work
Mix master (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHSeptember 22, 2017
chemical drums were poorly labeled or mislabeled. The drum rack was always leaking, no intention to fix the leak, we was told to use rags,some of the chemicals actually caused contact burns-due to improper PPE being provided.
Was an excellent place to work until the division was sold to a private equity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WISeptember 15, 2017
PolyOne Sold the DSS Division to a private equity firm and that changed everything about the management of the company. However, the people at the plane that I worked at were incredible,hard working individuals and made it a great place to work.
Pros
Employees are all dedicated, hardworking and team players
Cons
now owned by a private equity making everything unstable
Senior Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 13, 2017
It was just time for me to leave this company. I began my day at 6 a.m. and usually finished between 2-3 p.m. However, I frequently took calls at home after my shift ended. I always volunteered for more hours and did my best to go above 7 beyond expectations. This job was very stressful and the workload was not evenly distributed among my coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor communication with management
Waste of time
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 3, 2017
This place was run by a racist good ole boys club. Plastic is a dirty industry dead end job with a 26 year old plant manager that doesn't know people only vauge chemistry
Pros
Steady
Cons
Everything else
Can not keep people
Worker (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHAugust 30, 2017
If you work in the front corporate office you are most likely going to be OK. The workers in the plants are a whole different ballgame. If you can't work a rotating shift- this place is not for you! You are required to rotate every single week from 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If you don't have kids or family obligations this would not be bad but if you do you will not last. It is extremely hard on your body to change from week to week and they never have enough staff to help because they simply can't keep guys on the floor due to these rotating shifts. If they would go to at the very least a 2 week rotation on a shift, people would stay longer and be able to adjust.
-It is expected that you will work OT at any given moment. This is not generally an issue with other companies but management does not communicate this until the last hour or so of your regular shift so it makes it extremely difficult if you have plans or need to change child care etc.It keeps the staff on the floors frustrated at all times.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rotating shifts, Management/Supervisor communication
Catch 22
Production Worker(FMG) (Former Employee) –  Top, PAAugust 26, 2017
New managment makes a very stressfull environmenent firing full time long term employees are being terminated and replaced with temps and working on unsafe equipment by osha standards no emergency stop buttons on no equipment then when you bring it to managments attention they terminate you and use absenties as an excuse to do so like they have just done to myself and others on 8/2/2017 then they fight you on unemployment.. worse place ever under this new management the two managements and companys prior was a lot better to work for cannot complain though its an at will company in pa is what im told employoees affraid to speak up in retaliation of losing thier jobs
Pros
pay is good and employees are good
Cons
management needs replaced
Do you like an insecure job?
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHAugust 22, 2017
This place is in the process of laying off and terminating employees with 10 years or more of xp. They are always out of whatever you need to complete your tasks. Right on down to ppe. They are always out of hand soap, and paper towels to wash yourself after a long days work. It honestly felt like this place was shutting down or on the verge of shutting down.

I saw so many 10+ year employees let go. It literally blew my mind. The insurance is horrible with a 2,000 dollar deductible. The perks of the job are being eroded away by the corporate people. I still feel it is a matter of time before this is the next plant to shutdown that was bought out by poly one.

That is literally all poly one does. Buy out the competitors, run the plant for a few years and then shut it down.
Pros
paid lunch, and breaks. Unless you leave
Cons
everything else
Great work experience
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 16, 2017
Polyone is a place if you like to advance no one will ever stop you from learning more . It's a great place to work with great people. I would tell anyone who could stand the heat to give them a try.
Pros
Pays well, benefits are good
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of overtime
Okay place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 15, 2017
You come in and see what line your working whether or not you are experienced on that machine or not. Training is scarce. If you need to learn something you either need to figure it out yourself or hope another operator has time to assist you. Even after operating for 4 years there is still plenty to learn. The pay is okay for what you do but the benefits are expensive. They rarely do things for their employees. No Christmas parties or events like that.
Pros
Only scheduled to work half the year due to 12 hour shifts.
Cons
Forced to work random overtime every other week.
It was 17 years ago since I worked there
Human Resources & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 7, 2017
It was a really long time. The location I worked at closed and products were produced from another location instead. So any review I give would be moot.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
plant i was at closed
Easy going, understanding
Plant supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAAugust 3, 2017
Most of the time a very easy going environment when you're surrounded with the right people in the work force. Understanding when needed to be with certain scenarios.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Staffing, not many listening ears
Machine Operator in Alabama
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2017
No job security, only strategy for reducing cost is reducing jobs. Remaining people expected to work like dogs. Management wastes 4 hours a day in meetings to come out and say "we" need to work harder to get that bonus. Never see upper management on the weekends though so I guess we doesn't include them.
Good Old Boys Club
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 3, 2017
My time here started well but ended with disappointment.
The atmosphere is overly competitive which leads to inner group resentment.
There is a gap between the practical applications of the various jobs and the demands from management.
Expect to work a lot of hours, get changed to other shifts with next to no notice, and stay over/come early for mandatory meetings with little notice.
Pros
The pay is competitive for the area, clean inside
Cons
Lots of hours, unrealistic expectations from management
good but workers can be mean
Shipping/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 22, 2017
good environment to work very clean. a lot of work and can get busy. some workers are little mean but overall it pays of because of the pay and environment
Formal corporate culture, but trying to loosen up
Intern (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHJune 22, 2017
I interned with PolyOne and had a good experience. It seems that the C suite really wanted to innovate and improve company culture. They just aren't quite there yet.
enjoyed working with my coworkers and everyone got along
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJune 18, 2017
went in set up my machine. went from production and got to learn a lot about how to change the rolls and run a crane set a die and clean a die got to train people to do a good job as well as I did everyone got along and new there job hardest part was the heat if my only one supervisor out of 5 would tell us stuff that he should have not have and was worried he woud get in trouble i enjoyed working with the people
Pros
bonuses
A workaholics dream come true.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 12, 2017
This company has a 12 hour shift that rotates every 1.5 months. Undesireable for families who require a stable schedule but perfect for anyone who wants to make good money with alot of overtime available most of the yr.
Pros
Very stable, No lay offs, Very Competative wages for the county
Cons
Alot of forced over time. Mostly 12 hour swing shifts.
Fantastic work environment
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2017
Good place to start a long time working mentality. Not a short yime position. Nice co workers . people dont mind helping each other. Average length of emplyment over 20 years per petson
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Gets hot in summer time
Productive and challenging and never dull.
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 26, 2017
Work at PolyOne Pasadena is challenging with seldom a dull moment. The day was always full of surprises due to last minute schedule changes, mechanical breakdowns, quality issues and even raw material shortages or loss. Driven to do things right, deliver quality product on time, every time and to account for RM loss. The company uses SAP which is always challenging because something new is learned every week. Communication and training is also key and is definitely something management needs to continue working on.

The workplace culture is safety conscious but current management tends to micro manage without knowing the intricacies and challenges of the the job. And when it has been suggested they learn and do the job for a week it's dismissed out of pocket.

The hardest part was that in some instances management would listen to give an answer instead of listening to understand. But that only applies to current relatively new management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day challenges that went along with it and working with the more seasoned plant staff, lab and production personnel who knew and understood the process.
Pros
The hours, vacation time, number of paid holidays, paid lunch hour, excellent benefits
Cons
New inexperienced management, hypocracy and expectations not being equal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PolyOne Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9