PolyOne Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor management
Senior accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHOctober 13, 2016
Landed at corp office AP after my company was bought out. Little training, catty co-workers and mgmt. that cared more about what committees he could join than actual training or working with his employees
Pros
cafeteria great
Cons
issue with other employees and no HR guidance
Average employer
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHSeptember 16, 2016
PolyOne was a very fast paced factory. During my position as Lead Material handler I learned a lot about OHSA, 6S, Trained for Lock out tag, certify to train for forklift/boom lifts. I over seen the mixture of raw material for 16 plastic extrusion lines with 6 team members. I had to ensure everything meet customer specs and record all steps in doing so. Polyones turn over rate is/was very high. so the biggest challenge for me was keeping fully staffed. I did enjoy the daily challenges as thing were always changing keeping you on your toes
If you work there to long or make to much they will get rid of you
Production (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHSeptember 15, 2016
I put 21 years in this company. A new management crew took over and within six months they fired me and gave me no severance. The upper management have no idea what they are doing. I have nothing good to say about the management. But I enjoyed the imidiate people I worked with and the fast pace of the job.
Pros
Fair pay good 401 k and fast pace and very high on safety
Cons
High insurance no determine end time and feels like your walking on eggshells
Overall good place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA 30152August 26, 2016
Productive advancement up to date technology stressful environment good team members to work with good benefits. Worked with a lot of temp employees. Always correcting situations.
Pros
Team players
Cons
ok to work for - but equipment is VERY old and ineffecient, very dusty/ dirty workplace.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 26, 2016
dangerously dusty. very physical and very understaffed. equipment is outdated and inefficient. pay for the area is ok, but not good compared a real wage living standard. they have a very effective safety manager.
Pros
most people were great to work with
Cons
very noisy, dusty and dirty environment.
Ok but no room for advancement
Blending Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 21, 2016
The job is not bad but some people work harder than others management does nothing to fix the problem. I want a job that that I can advance and prosper .
Great co-workers, good company
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 6, 2016
PolyOne is a good place to be. A manufacturing plant is a rare thing in CA. There are a lot of regulatory mandates. I am celebrating five years of employment this month.
Pros
Making something in a real factory
Cons
The 405 freeway
Hard work for good reviews
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OhioJune 9, 2016
Balanced company who treat their employees well. Strong on employee empowerment, advancement, and recognition. Management structure is a little bloated. Hardest part is the realistic, yet extensive goals. The most enjoyable part is the team atmosphere.
Large corporation does not care about the hourly employees
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2016
This was a small company that is now a part of a large corporation where everything is for the stockholders. No one cares about the hourly employees, even though they say this is not true. Way too much pressure at every level.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is extremely costly.
Don't apply at polyone
Batch Maker (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 22, 2016
The absolute worst place to work. Have never worked in a place like polyone all they care about is getting the lbs out the door
Pros
Coworkers
Cons

Want to know more about PolyOne Corporation?

Ask a question
Productive and career challenging experience
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 2, 2016
PolyOne was a great company to work for. PolyOne was very demanding and professional with a great work atmosphere. PolyOne is a great company if you are trying to progress in your career.
Poor management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 17, 2016
No balance between life - job. Poor management. Need to reward top performers. Great co workers. High turn over rate. need to have more of an open door policy for employees ..
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Poor management, no life balance
Good company to start your career
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Good company to start your Career, much is expected with very little instruction. The pay is low to fair and management is very political.
Productive and busy workplace with friendly co-workers
Operator (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXFebruary 6, 2016
A typical work day consisted of making sure equipment was running properly and samples were properly collected and tested. Also making sure transfer systems were properly operating and material transfer into correct area.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Good luck with having the parts you need to fix the equipment, and the younger guys in maintenance will cut your throat out any chance they get. Not to mention the fact they are stealing everything they get their hands on at the same time. The older guy's in maintenance are rude and very demeaning towards anyone who has a real background in maintenance. My advice is stay far away from this company.
Pros
Steal what you want.
Cons
They are installing cameras.
Very Productive Work Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Donora, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Operated FCM extruder and Banbury Machine
Performed preventive Maintenance

Its a great place to work
Producation running lines 8 to 12 hours
Learned compounding
Working in PolyOne is learning with fun
Graduate Industrial Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHNovember 4, 2015
Good place to work with.It is a place where it's a learning curve every day and every moment of your work.You get innovative ideas in this atmosphere.
Pros
free technical learning
Many Opportunities
Regional Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 21, 2015
Able to focus on issues which directly effected the plant as well as issues which touched multiple facilities. We were able to suggest improvements with the ultimate customer focus which drove changes.
Pros
Christmas holiday lunch
used to be a good place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  McHenry ILOctober 14, 2015
It was a good company when it was GLS,
Now they have corporate management,
brought in some ex military thugs to run the place,
there is no more opportunity to have pride in your work,
everybody is expendable,
Excellent company to work with
Manufacturer Rep for Latin America & Brasil (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GeorgiaOctober 7, 2015
Enjoy working on international sales with assigned territory. The size of the customers or distributors in Latin America were the reasons for a lot of support from other company's areas.
I felt very good as part of a dynamic group of professionals who embrace at all times the customer's needs.
A good portion of creativity and invention came through in order to respond to the dynamic of the marketplace. Being products addressed to the textile and screen printing industry, innovation was always a mark that distinguished those who supported my sales efforts in the region assigned.
During 10 years of my work at the division of textile inks
my sales results were consistent because of the great technical support and extra efforts that were put as a result of great teamwork.
In addition, participated in international trade shows in Germany, Spain, Brasil, Colombia.
Pros
working uniform, all kind of sales tools
Cons
Extensive traveling abroad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PolyOne Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.