PolyOne Corporation

PolyOne Corporation Employer Reviews

i really liked my job there didnt want them to close at all
Inspector Packer (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJune 8, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: die jobs
would clock in find out what line I was on look over the orders make sure I have enough boxes to pack the orders if not make some use tow motor to get skids finish order by order weighing up and putting labels on box take to shipping. I learned how each individual company is to be created equally with the same amount of attention as the prior or next. – more... management was there for the employee as needed. my co-workers became like a family. hardest thing ihad to do was say goodbye the most enjoyable was when we would get rewarded for meeting our goals for that part of the year – less
Decent Company - Collaborative Efforts Could Improve
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Avon Lake, OHApril 15, 2014
Pros: multiple business units for growth and learning
Cons: business unit collaboration
Good Opportunities to learn and utilize skills
Great co-workers
Individual business units need stronger partnerships
Work-Life balance needs improvement
teachnical staff that did not understand management administration
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: management not familiar or knowledgeable of management administration
Was a great place to work. However, management was not oriented to training and discipline. The technical staff just stayed in trouble with the employees because none of them had management training....only technical training.. Because of a cut back, I was placed on lay-off status, along with many other employees.
Good place to work for if you dont have a faimly
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Bethlehem PaMarch 25, 2014
Good place to work.. Long days... Good money, Hours are subject to change (weekends) although said to be every once in a while can turn in to every weekend

poor management decisions fall on the hourly associate
Many Opportunities
Regional Quality Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 20, 2014
Pros: very large company with many opportunities to transfer
Cons: lots of report generating
PolyOne provides everyone with a well defined path of expectations. There is usually enough training to complete the tasks necessary for the daily requirements.
Great company to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company the people were great and the management team was outstanding.
Motivational work environment
Chemist (Former Employee), Avon Lake, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: working environment, large cafeteria on site
Cons: no longer has a physician and staff on site
A nice place to work. My coworkers were very supportive of one another. I still keep in touch with many of them..Unfortunately they have moved the lab that I worked in to the research facility in Georgia.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Dyersburg, TNJanuary 30, 2014
LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS,GREAT JOB,JUST NOT ENOUGH HELP,BUT ENJOY THE JOB,
Overall a decent place to work
Dock Personnel (Current Employee), Seabrook, TXJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work would start with a morning communication meeting between staff and supervisors to plan our day and build team camaraderie. Then we head to our respective areas to start the days work.
Soilded work orders
Packer (Former Employee), Wichita, ksSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: lunch when able to take
Cons: brakes are not always able to take
Just go in start up and talk with others help each other out and to much horse play and not much of shift boss on floor seeing what going on and always see lead guy but hardly any of the supervisor. Pack sides or cleaning and helping were can be used and die splits would have to be the hardest part of the job.
Focused company driven to achieve excellence in all aspects of its business.
Vice President - Global Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee), Avon Lake, OHSeptember 12, 2013
Great company focused on Operational Excellence.

Completing a significant and successful transformation of its Global Sourcing organization.

Implemented and executed the 7 Step Sourcing Process to achieve world class results.

Great associates following a tried and true strategy for success based on high expectations and the pursuit of excellence.
Plant closing
Material Handler (Current Employee), Portage, WIAugust 10, 2013
Location was acquired May 2013 plant is now closing. Can't fault PolyOne these things happen with mergers.
Average industry pay with little reward
Senior Color Matcher / Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: illogical mangement, lazy co-workers
Inconsistent hours, poor management, most co-workers were not motivated. The job was stressful due to the constant pressure from management to work long, inconsistent hours. I did enjoy being able to bring my creativity to some projects
a good stable company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNJuly 23, 2013
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: temporary job
worked through Manpower, no benefits and stability, company was a good company if able to work for them only.
Small Company for the stress
Lead Operator/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: the empolyees
Cons: safety is bad
I operate single and twin screw extrusion. I also work in the warehouse. I do monthly inventory and load and unload trucks. I load and unload railcars. The co-works are ok. Management there is no stability at this facility. I injoy the most is working on the machines it gives me the opportunity to learn the in and out of the machines.
productive
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 19, 2013
It had an excellent work environment. The people there was great and everyone worked together to get the job done. On a normal work day I would come in, clock on, and begin working on my machine. I would first made sure that everything was working well by checking the machine. Then I would get to work on my 12-hour shift.
Great place to have worked.
Componder (Former Employee), Sussex, WIJuly 8, 2013
The only reason I am not there anymore is because the plant closed and left State.
General Laborer (Current Employee), Donora, PAJuly 1, 2013
Drawing upon a deep knowledge of polymers, formulations and polymer processing, we provide innovative solutions to compete and win. Our value-creating offerings extend beyond materials to help customers who care about service, technology and problem solving.
Not a glamorous facility but people are knowledgeable and work together as a close knit group.
PROCESS ENGINEER I (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 26, 2013
Typical day at work involves collecting historical data of product and machine yields to determine causes of defects and how to solve them.
I have learned a great deal of the importance of setting prioritys, constantly asking 'why' while analysing problems, and the importance of spending time equally on the production floor and desk.
A great place to work
Operator (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 25, 2013
what I would do is come into work and clock in and start my job as a operator/machinist. Everyone here got along and were the hardest working workers that I have worked with.