Pomeroy

Pomeroy Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Desktop Support Technician - Contractor (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of experience
A normal day consisted of reimaging a computer and waiting for a certain amount of updates to install, or putting apps/programs on already imaged PC's. Overall, I learned a lot from working with Pomeroy, including Citrix, more settings within the Bios, troubleshooting, as well as experience with multiple styles of PC's. Management knew what they were doing and were a pleasure to work under. My co-workers were great people. I'm still in contact with some of them to this day because they were truly a blast. The hardest part of the job was dealing with computers that wouldn't update, or wouldn't reimage properly, and things along those lines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with computers in all aspects. Taking them apart and figuring out what was wrong, swapping bad parts for good, etc.
i liked working for pomeroy
Librarian/ Primary tape operator/computer operator (Former Employee), tulsa OK.February 16, 2015
Pros: worked by myself, no one to baby sit, if anything went wrong it was all on me
Cons: no health care, p/t job
worked for pomeroy as p/t employee.That worked for me as i was going to college P/T. I learned a lot of new programs, database`s tracking software . i was itar certified through IBM.
good people to work for
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Its a contract house, what more can be said. You go and work for what ever company they have a contract with. Do your job and move on at the end of the contract.
Great company
IT Intern (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 12, 2015
The work is interesting and sometimes challenging.
I learned to tune my skills.The managers are well informed and good, the co-workers are great to work with. I enjoyed talking to the engineers about the testers.
Tape Operations at Pomeroy is fun
Lead Tape Operator (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: when you finally get the hang of being a tape operator, its not really work at all; its fun.
Cons: no pomeroy healthcare for part-time employees
Tape Operations at contract company Pomeroy is fun and fulfilling, especially when working for IBM. The co-workers and management for both companies are overworked and underpaid, that's for sure. The hardest part of the job is learning all the procedures and processes when just starting out on the job. It will take time to let all that knowledge, classes, certifications, and day to day operations sink into you, transforming your skull of mush into a lean, mean, tape operating machine !
Good Entry Level Position
Process Analyst (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 29, 2015
Good entry level jobs for IT professionals. Opportunities to work for a variety of good clients. Provides good training and benefits.
Worst experience of my career
IT Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good people in the trenches
Cons: unethical mean spirited upper management
Worked in Hebron in 2005 and this company was the worst I have ever had the displeasure of working with as a project manager. Here are some of the experiences in the five months I was there:
- My function as a project manager was to crack the whip harder on people who were already overworked - no additional personnel or resources
- Son of the founder of the company would throw loud temper tantrums heard throughout the offices
- Was never provided any tools or resources to diagnose a network performance issue
- Had this ignorant blond bimbo of a woman who was CIO who could only parrot "Just get it done somehow" - I've always wanted to reverse roles and see her produce under those conditions
- Was asked to repeat a fraudulent story to auditors about $600k inventory that was on the books but was actually missing
- Paid their service techs something like 19 cents a mile to drive their own cards - telling them they could write off the difference between the IRS rate on their taxes
And I could go on a lot more, but that is all for now. And I am very suspicious reading these other reviews - I just don't find them credible, and the timing seems suspicious.
love my co-workers
Junior Problem Determination Specialist (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 21, 2015
I like the job, I like them teaching me all about this job, Pomeroy is a great Company to work for
Great IT Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 14, 2015
I worked with them for nearly 4 years and loved it. They were very well at keeping me engaged at my work place and wanting to go to work everyday. Given the chance I would definitely go back to work with this company. Working for this company has been one of the best companies I have worked for.
Good company to work for to make money on the side.
contractor, I (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good people to work for.
Cons: have none.
I liked working for this company. They knew that I was working full time at a different job and they worked with this.
Good management all around, pay could be better
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), PADecember 31, 2014
This company treats their employees very well. The HR department is wonderful. The management leave you alone as long as you do your job. All around a great company, the only thing is the pay. After 5 years I am making a whole 85 cents more than I did when I started, and that includes a few incentive raises for getting great reviews from management. If they paid a significant amount more, especially to long standing employees I wouldn't even consider leaving.
5/3
contractor 5/3 Bank Madisonville MOB (Current Employee), Madisonville, OhDecember 27, 2014
Pros: working environment
Cons: n/a
 Voice Communications – Maintain and account for a 2 million dollar budget for all 5/3 Banking Centers, Banking Marts and 5/3 affiliates.
 Administrator for voice recording and monitoring system NICE between customers and 5/3 customer service representatives
 Account and Inventory all Cisco routers for 5/3 Information Technology
 Plan, order, install, and repair POTS lines for current and new 5/3 Banking Centers / Marts
Fun workplace,
SERVICE ADMIN (Former Employee), Urbandale, IaDecember 16, 2014
Took incoming calls from customers, opened and closed work orders. Did Clerical and Service Admin duties
Easy job, no advancement
Lead Tape Operator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: acceptable pto, dependable hours
Cons: expensive insurance, no structure, no room for growth
If you are not working in the corporate level of pomeroy, you have no room for advancement, now recognition, and no room for improvement. What once was an employee "kudos" program, has turned to giving the kudos you earn as a lower level employee to your management team.

The hours were good.. They worked with going to school, and there wasn't a risk of your hours getting cut.
Will not recommend anyone to work for this company
Tier 1 Help desk (Former Employee), Hebron KYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: you get money to feed your family
Cons: it is not a longterm goal. no room for growth.
First, as you can see. All of the good reviews were posted on January of 2014 (I wonder if they did not pay people to post good reviews). Because this company track records on mistreating employee is very bad. I worked for them for five years as Tier one service desk. It was BAD BAD BAD. The management can make up story to make you look bad. The HR is non-existent and will never return your call. So, think before you apply with these people.
-People leave the company at a paste I never seen (at least at the service desk where I use to work).
Think twice
Loved my job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), PetalumaOctober 22, 2014
I enjoyed every minute at this company, they were great people to work with sadly it had to be closed down
Managment
Site Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 21, 2014
Pros: work at own pace
Cons: not enough raises
- Releasing timecards in Oracle
- Conducting daily meetings with the Customer.
- Performing appraisals/ evaluations.
- Making weekly schedule's for the team.
- Inventory
- Audit
Consulting
MS Project Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: partially benifited employee; no pomeroy employee contact; no personal support
As I work in a Consulting position, I have virtually NO contact with other Pomeroy Employees and all on-boarding was done electronically and all time-keeping is via Oracle. If I have any electronic issues, I have to report the issue first, find a solution myself, and report the resolution to Pomeroy management (HR) via e-mail.
Enjoyed the opportunity
IT Support Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 16, 2014
Enjoyed the job duties, people, and management. Stressful times were there as well as relaxed.
Good Company with commitment to employees
Account admin/Servicedesk technical anaylst. (Former Employee), Worked remotely from home.October 10, 2014
My typical day at work was helping clients with technical issues they where facing with there computers and applications.

during my time with pomeroy I honed my troubleshooting skills, being able to quickly identify issue and solution an end user was having.

I also was provided the opportunity to create trouble shooting processes for the service desk. Also created procedures for the account administration team.

I worked with a great team, we could always rely on each other for help if we got stuck on a particular issue. The communication and support we all offered each other was great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pomeroy

Many a PC passes through the hands of Pomeroy IT Solutions. The company resells and services computers, networking equipment, – Read more

Pomeroy Salaries