Pomeroy Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Regional Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 4, 2016
The position is demanding because you have to travel long distances between sites. The work is not very difficult once one learn what is expected, the learning curve is about 6 months. You do have a lot of support from the other technicians, not a lot of help from the support center though. There is a lot of DOA parts causing unnecessary return trips. The job is semi flexible, on call 2 to 3 days a week but will still get called out at 6:00 A.M. or earlier. Work schedule is not ideal (Tuesday-Saturday), but they will ask you to work on your days off. Some days your day may not start until around 11 due to parts not arriving, so it could be working until late in the night due to the travel time. If you know what days you want off put a request in earlier because if there is no coverage you wont get it.
Pros
Pay, Supervisors are good, Other technicians are helpful
Cons
Schedule, benefits, Time off
Overall a good place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 23, 2016
Overall, this is a good place to work. The ability to work from home is the best feature. You pay for this in other ways however, in particular, salary is quite low for this industry. The company is also very engineering centric and doesn't account for expertise in other areas particularly.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor pay scale
Productive and fun place to work
Advanced Desk Side Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 8, 2016
Pomeroy gives employees the ability to thrive. Their incentive and bonuses, make working as team is great! Positive atmosphere and on-site contact with our customers makes the physical parts of the job bearable.
Great place to work.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 2, 2016
Great place to work. The managers are willing to give you every advantage towards being great at what you do. Job are plentiful and rewarding. People are friendly.
Enjoyable and Supportive Work Environment
Service Center Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Taylors, SCOctober 31, 2016
A wonderful, up-beat work environment. Management could not be better. All of my supervisors have been so encouraging and an absolute joy to work for. However, this is a growing company that is constantly making changes, which leaves employees with little to no job security. Unless you enjoy never knowing when your job might suddenly come to an end, I suggest looking elsewhere. Otherwise, this is a great company to work for.
Just a contractor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 29, 2016
This company doesn't care about you. They only care if you're billable. They don't stand behind their employees at all.
Fast Paced Learning Enviroment
Support analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 27, 2016
A face paced learning environment where you quickly pick up new technical skills in an office environment.I performed in depth troubleshooting and fixes for 4690 Toshiba Server Operating systems.Through this I gain credibility with clients.
Ok place to work
Temp Work Mar thru current (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 30, 2016
Ok place to work, job security unstable since company just came to Greenville. Benefits not so good for medical. Great people working there and I had a wonderful manager.
Best place I've worked
Ops (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 15, 2016
I have plenty of work experience, some good, some bad. Along with that comes good managers and bad. Twice I've left companies because of bad management. Others I've left simply because a better opportunity came about. I am so glad I found my way to Pomeroy. The people are fantastic, the managers are down to earth and approachable without being intimidating. They are flexible with scheduling (sometimes I work from home - if I'm sick, or bad weather, or if I have someone coming to my house for a maintenance issue). Most hours are 8-5 (but that can vary if you're working in the call center or on a specific project) but 8-5 is the norm. No weekends, nights, or holidays. If you take the health insurance, this year they contributed $1,000 to everyone's HSA ($250/quarter) for various tasks - sign up for online rx, get a physical, etc. They have a YMCA gym on site and a walking path around the 22-acre campus that a lot of people use. I've been here almost 3-years, and I'm planning on staying until I retire (and I'm only in my 20's). There are many departments throughout the three buildings which leaves plenty of room for growth and ways you can learn different aspects of the business so you wont be bored or burned out. Pomeroy believes that if you treat your people right, then they will treat the customers right also. People first, then customers. That's a rare philosophy to find these days.
Pros
great work environment, food days, good benefits, not in cincinnati (so no bridge traffic)
Cons
if you forget your badge you are locked out until you get a spare from security
Pomeroy
Tape Librarian/PSM Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with my first Manager, but due to the dysfunctional management in the second position. I did not like how certain people were treated there at the Data center. there is a big problem with reverse racism.
Very nice company to work for
Computer Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2016
Very nice company to work for! I started off as a contractor and then was hired on full-time shortly after. Pomeroy was very good to work for and the experience I gained there got me to my current position in IT.
Decent company but bad management on some teams
Level One Helpdesk Technician/Overnight Admin (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 27, 2016
While I was there, I worked on the Nestle team, and the team manager was not very helpful and showed extreme favortism to people he considered his pets. Being on the night crew, this basically left us to fend for ourselves with little to no support from management, which became a problem due to changing SLAs and policy changes that were not properly relayed to us on nights, due to poor management.

I've heard better things about management after I left (my old supervisor got fired), and beyond that is seemed to be a decent place to work.
Pros
Decent pay, good equipment
Cons
Terrible management
very rewarding
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Pomeroy, IAJuly 23, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work but needed shifts needed to work together!! The patients really appreciated the care provided. The management team at that time worked hard to build a team concept! The moral on some shifts could have been better but overall we managed to get along ok!
Pros
night shift was fun and GREAT!!!
Cons
First shift was the Pitts!
I enjoyed working for this company
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 7, 2016
Good upper management as well as local. the only bad thing did not take local/city out. The insurance was outstanding the time that I worked with the company
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Didnt take local/city taxes out of our check
Great job security with opportunities for advancement, compensation and benefits packages.
Lead Tape Print Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 28, 2016
Focused on Customer satisfaction and excellence in the services it provides, Pomeroy is a workplace with a brilliant, well trained workforce. I find it a great place to work!
great place to work if friends with manager
Tape Librarian (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 22, 2016
working on a remote site, friends of the site manager seemed to get preferential treatment. I saw this under 2 different managers. They do not care how long you been there I was there 4 years and 3 months and treated like a new employee the whole time.
Pros
good people, decent benifits package
Cons
clear favoritism, poor pay no advancement no opportunity to grow.
Help Desk Analyst/Domino's (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 16, 2016
Good place to work, nice folks. Very helpful Human Resources dept.
Organization shows employees that they care. The pay is pretty good with exceptional benefit packages.
Loved Working here
Asset Analyst/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 15, 2016
This company took good care of it's employees, with benefits and wages, I was sad to see this assignment end. I surely would work here again.
Productive and fun to work at
Invoice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 4, 2016
Typical Day at work consists of emailing, reviewing and verifying invoices from consultants and vendors. Resolving and making sure all discrepancy are fixed by the end of day.
Pros
Private Office
Cons
Drive to work
Productive Workplace
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 18, 2016
As long as you did you job you was no micro managed.I was a contractor that worked out of Pomeroy location so I never had to report to a manager in person,however every manager I meant was very professional and willing to help.
Pros
Pomeroy supplied fresh fruit daily along with coffee, hot chocolate or tea..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pomeroy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8