Pomona College Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs I ever had
Director of Information Technologies (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAJune 14, 2017
At that stage in my life, I was looking to solve really tough challenges. When the campus was completely wired and certain personnel issues were solved, the work became much easier and I began to miss the fast-paced world of consulting. I had also gotten married and my commute became 100 miles a day. I moved on. In retrospect, I wish I had looked for some way to stay there as it was really a dream job!
Pros
challenging, great working conditions and people
Cons
I needed new challenges and a less killing commute
Official response from Pomona College
June 22, 2017

Glad you had a great experience at Pomona College! If you ever find yourself closer to the Claremont area again, check out Pomona's jobs website.

Very good place to work
Physics Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CANovember 17, 2016
The ambiance is unbeatable and you are really taken care of. Everyone is very nice and caring. I have learned many skills that help me in my academics and in my career.
They were a Contracted with a Food service Co. Self Op was Great
Executive Chef / Culinarian / Management (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAMarch 22, 2016
A Well diverse Organization

Good organization when going self Operating Department

Working with a Union Operation

Great Team

Wonderful co-workers, very experienced

Catering was High demand

Being in a Large operation was Diverse and Fun
Pros
Well Organized
Cons
N/a
Independent work environment
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAJuly 6, 2015
I managed a sensitive longitudinal 10 year experiment. Required over 6 hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on devoted attention. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I managed more of the lab. I restocked chemicals, tools, and equipment. I oversaw undergrads working in the lab during Pomona College session.
It was independent work. Each person was responsible for their individual job.
It was difficult because all the pressure was directly on each individual. There was not a lot of colleague help. That allowed me to grow as a responsible, hard working employee.
Fun and fast paced friendly work enviroment.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAJanuary 30, 2015
It was a lot of work very fast paced but the workers and management worked together very well and made things move quickly and smoothly.
Excellent environment.
Attorney John Payton (Former Employee) –  Claremont - Pomona CollegeOctober 15, 2014
Perform as a special guest vocal artist at events when requested.
Interesting experience with Higher Education
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAOctober 31, 2013
This internship was a very great experience to learn the dynamics and procedures of HR in the higher education environment.
Great learning environment at a relaxed and enjoyable pace
Audio Visual/Digital Art Course Assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAOctober 21, 2013
I helped mainly with guiding students in media knowledge and production. Surrounded by growing minds thriving to learn-- this was a great job to understand what it takes to both teach and be taught in the fields of new age media, both digital and visual.
Pros
Meeting new people, teamwork, creative thought processes.
Cons
Short time period of work, no such thing as a free lunch.
Remote work opportunities
Human Resources Generalist-Temp (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CASeptember 15, 2013
Excellent remote work technology. Intellectual academic environment. Flexible work environment with modern facilities.
Assisting staff, and faculty with technical services: Utilizing Word, Photo-Shop, Bridge, In-Design software,Sakai programming, and Data Entry
Hahn Specialist-Archive (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CADecember 19, 2012
A typical day at work is to provide and assure the best customer service to the faculty, and Pomona staff. Helping them to archive digital artifacts, microfiche, coded documents, and pictures.
Pros
excellent work environment coupled with great comradery among employees.
The best campus I ever worked for.
Administrative Assistant/Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CASeptember 21, 2012
The Art and Art History was a joy to work in. The faculty were awesome and the students were great.
I enjoyed every aspect of this position. From ordering supplies for the studios, to working with the student workers and folks across campus.
The students were the best part of the job.
Pros
great work environment, free lunches and wonderful people.
great faculty, excellent compensation
Molecular Biology Laboratory Technician / Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAAugust 26, 2012
Pomona has a Ride-Share program and the school gives their staff $2/day that they walk, bike, car-pool to work; how cool is that!?
Beautiful campus and excellent benefits
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAApril 15, 2012
I loved working for Pomona College the benefits are amazing and the environment is great
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the staff is a bit uptight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pomona College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.9