Pomona Unified School District

Pomona Unified School District Employer Reviews

Respectable
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Pomona, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pomona Unified School District cares about their students and respects their employees
Productive, fast paced, educational
Assistant Admin Secretary (Former Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: working with adults and children, working with a team
Cons: the parking
within all my duties performed there was always something to learn which I love!.
children
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: part time with short hours
I was in charged of taking care of children during recess and lunch time. I would make sure that they did not get into any fight and did follow the school rules. I enjoyed working with all children of ages. My co-workers where wonderful and they where always willing out to help me out as much as they can.
AVID College Tutor
AVID College Tutor (Former Employee), Pomona, CASeptember 12, 2013
Assisting and preparing high school students for college success.
Works with students who are struggling academically by providing them with the strategies and skills to ultimately succeed in school.
Fun working environment
Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Pomona, CA 91768July 17, 2013
Pros: making a difference in a child's life
Cons: no benefits as a substitute
Working here is a lot of fun. To be honest it isn't enough for me and my family. I am working as a substitute and haven't received the chance to become permanent.

I have worked with many different schools and grade levels and I loved them all, I liked learning every child's disability and helping them. I also gained experience as an assistant for staff – more... and parents.

The hardest part of my job is knowing that when the summer comes I will be unemployed for a couple of months. – less
Excellent learning and working experience. Multiple opportuntites for showcasing skills and innovative approaches and strategies.
Secondary Counselor (Former Employee), Diamond Ranch High SchoolJune 25, 2013
Pros: consistent positive support from colleagues, adminsitration, and the overall eagerness of students and families to learn and grow academmically and pro-socially.
Cons: the yearly uncertainty of the affects of funding on positions.
Working in the Pomona Unified School District is a wonderfully positive challenge because of the depth of the collegial support and trust of administration to get the work done. This kind of support certainly lends to the personal enjoyment of doing ones job and extending oneself to help and support families. Personally, I have enjoyed working at each – more... of my past working experiences however, here at Pomona USD, has been the most rewarding personally and professionally. – less
fun. interact with the students, help them in classes.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Emerson Middle SchoolJune 24, 2013
Pros: help students learn and do work and create a positive atmosphere for the teacher.
Cons: no pay when summer school takes place and no school is in session.
I enjoy the work and my job. I love helping the teacher, making copies, and setting up the classroom to learn. My job is fun and not boring. I also am called to assist with Moderate to severe students when needed.
Being a part of the Education.
Campus Sercuity (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 5, 2013
Good place to work and also good people to work with. Good pay and benefits.
Working in K - 12 classrooms
Educator (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMarch 25, 2013
I have worked in diverse multicultural environments in where I have learned and mastered the knowledge of the education / teaching strategies / methods (lectures, demonstrations, and group discussions). As a result, it provided me with knowledge and experience of responsibility to be successful. I would work with other staff members to assist our students – more... with the appropriate education. In addition, create a learning environment for the students that are fun, enriching, and challenging. If any concerns from parents/guardians and students, I would resolve their concerns / needs through effective communication. My primary duty is to make sure I was servicing and meeting the needs of the students and make sure they were given a chance to learn and graduate. The end result is for the students to use these tools that they have nurtured to good use in the real world to not only be successful in the classroom, but the real world too. – less
excellent
LVN (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: fast paced, great work enviornement
Cons: small waiting room
I have been in the District for 19 years and at present position 81/2 years as a classified nurse, assisting the NP in pediatric physical exam, vision, hearing, lead testing, hemoglobin testing, back and front office procedures, Med-Cal billing for L.A. Care, Health Net, and regular Med-Cal billing. I am a head classified nurse with high experience – more... in immunizations for all of the District students and also District employee and student TB testing. I am in charge of inventory for the VFC vaccines for our clinic. I have heavy phone contact with District staff and families of the community and enjoy the interaction with our diverse cultural population. I am bi lingual in English and Spanish. – less
A great place to gain valuable work experience and a wonderful opportunity to help others
Student Intern Child Development Health Services (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: tuition reimbursement, flexible hours, management that cares about the children and families we serve
Cons: employment has been greatly effected by both the state and federal budgets
I loved the people I worked for an with, especially my boss directly above me. The best part of the job was the flexibility of hours and their allowing me to organize/develop my own system for optimal productivity while entrusting I didn't need constant direct supervision. This opportunity allowed me grow as both an effective individual and as part – more... of a team that is essential to the compliance of state and federal educational funding regulations. – less
clerical substitute department didn't have enough work after 2008
Secretary-Substitute (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 14, 2012
Pros: work when you want
Cons: funding problems
Working as a clerical substitute is like working for a temporary agency.
work summary
TUTOR (Current Employee), Pomona, CAMay 3, 2012
Pros: i liked working with children
Cons: the pay was too low
I created daily lesson plans for my class of 20 students. I taught them enrichment skills and helped them with their homework. I was responsible for classroom management as well.
Very dedicated staff.
Director of Communications (Former Employee), Pomona, CAApril 26, 2012
Although beset by funding challenges due to state cuts, staff and leadership are very dedicated and committed to serving the needs of children.