Pomona Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Management takes time to know you.
Sub Custodian (Current Employee) –  Various sitesMay 25, 2016
PUSD is a great place to work because the environment is one that supports students, families and employees. The sub position allows a variety of sites to work at.
productive
teacher (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of teaching was developing lesson plans that were both helpful to my students and fun to do.
The hardest part of the job was discipline. Elementary and middle school can be challenging time for students.
Pros
after school activities, such as baseball or football; loved to watch the kids enjoy themselves
Cons
excessive testing
Very rewarding job
Typist Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I handle heavy telephone calls, transferring the call to appropriate extensions. I communicate directly with parents, other districts and students regarding transfers in and out of the district. I scan, copy and fax very regularly. My coworkers are one of the reasons I love this job, everyone is great, it's wonderful to be part of such an awesome group of people who care so much about the children in their community. The hardest part of the job is seeing some tough emotional cases because children are involved and not being able to help. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping offer families all the resources the district can to help children stay in school and enjoy it.
Pros
Great office moral
Cons
Not a permanent position
I enjoy teaching and working with students.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I worked in a disenfranchised community for the most part substituting in various classes. I provided structure, teaching and direction for the day. I was supportive to the teacher for maintaining the standards across the curriculum.
Pros
flexibility, challenge, choosing my own schedule
Cons
no benefits, no continuity, behavior issues
relaxing job
Substitute custodian (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 1, 2015
a move at your pace job with good pay can typically put on headphones and just work and watch the time go by sometimes a days work is finished hours before needing to leave
Work for me is taken day by day
Education (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 5, 2015
A day at work can very from smooth to busy in a matter a minutes. I do filing, book keeping and manage a caseload several hundreds.
Cons
Amazing place to work for.
Governing Board Member (Current Employee) –  Education CenterAugust 18, 2015
PUSD is an amazing place that you can grow with. They truly care about the employees. I started as a student here in 1984, graduated in 1997 and have worked with the district since 1999. I love what I do and the community I serve.
productive fun environment
Wrestling coach (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 17, 2015
on a typical day of work I would train kids and lead them in wrestling routines. weight lifting and cardio work outs were also involved.
Pros
helping young athletes reach there fitness goals.
Cons
seeing some kids get let down when they don't win matches.
As every day is a different day; I hope to provide influence to others.
Coordinator, Civic Center Maintenance & Operations (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 29, 2015
I really enjoy my position. It's challenging and I grow as a leader everyday. I learn everyday. People are valuable. It's a community atmosphere and I appreciate the people I work with.
Pros
People
Cons
Work hours
Enjoyed working there especially with the kids and volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 29, 2015
Typical day was to supervise students on the campus and making sure safety on playground and in classes to students. Organizing T-shirt sales, working with Teachers in classroom,volunteering in office for nurse, receptionist, working with parents. setting up for special events for the students. Working with other supervisors we all worked well together.
Pros
volunteering, organizing T-shirt sales, pizza parties, and working with the students.
Cons
Not having enough hours for work.
Would not properly train employees
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 16, 2015
Pomona Unified School District did not follow through with proper job training. PUSD also would not reimburse for any over time that was required.
Unsupported as a trainee
MFT Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 15, 2015
I felt very unsupported by my supervisor, who did nothing to provide me with clients as a trainee. She was very unapproachable and did not provide positive feedback. My experience was so bad,I forfeited my hours so I would have to return to talk to these people.
Productive place with room to grow.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 24, 2014
I learned how to multi-task, use different Microsoft programs, I enjoyed the fast paced routine everyday. My co-workers were very helpful in learning there jobs as well.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
low pay, the healthcare, and the dental
great work place
TLC Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 19, 2014
great working with first and second grade kids. i had to implement my own lesson plan everyday that included math science english and social studies
Respectable
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pomona Unified School District cares about their students and respects their employees
Productive, fast paced, educational
Assistant Admin Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 13, 2014
within all my duties performed there was always something to learn which I love!.
Pros
working with adults and children, working with a team
Cons
the parking
children
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 4, 2014
I was in charged of taking care of children during recess and lunch time. I would make sure that they did not get into any fight and did follow the school rules. I enjoyed working with all children of ages. My co-workers where wonderful and they where always willing out to help me out as much as they can.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
part time with short hours
AVID College Tutor
AVID College Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 12, 2013
Assisting and preparing high school students for college success.
Works with students who are struggling academically by providing them with the strategies and skills to ultimately succeed in school.
Fun working environment
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91768July 17, 2013
Working here is a lot of fun. To be honest it isn't enough for me and my family. I am working as a substitute and haven't received the chance to become permanent.

I have worked with many different schools and grade levels and I loved them all, I liked learning every child's disability and helping them. I also gained experience as an assistant for staff and parents.

The hardest part of my job is knowing that when the summer comes I will be unemployed for a couple of months.
Pros
making a difference in a child's life
Cons
no benefits as a substitute
Excellent learning and working experience. Multiple opportuntites for showcasing skills and innovative approaches and strategies.
Secondary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Diamond Ranch High SchoolJune 25, 2013
Working in the Pomona Unified School District is a wonderfully positive challenge because of the depth of the collegial support and trust of administration to get the work done. This kind of support certainly lends to the personal enjoyment of doing ones job and extending oneself to help and support families. Personally, I have enjoyed working at each of my past working experiences however, here at Pomona USD, has been the most rewarding personally and professionally.
Pros
consistent positive support from colleagues, adminsitration, and the overall eagerness of students and families to learn and grow academmically and pro-socially.
Cons
the yearly uncertainty of the affects of funding on positions.

4.3