Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

loved the experience
ICU RN -Medical (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: advanced cardiac care
Cons: n/a
I came here as a nurse who have open heart surgery experience. They were glad to have me. I like the experience of taking care of very sick patient and a very busy place. I did my job well as shown by my excellent proficiency ratings from my supervisor.
great learning experience for someone trying to get into the field
PTA Intern (Former Employee), pomona, caJuly 14, 2015
the staff members were very helpful with any question i ever had. interning there was a great experience and helped me gain a greater appreciation for the field.
Experienced all departments in an Acute facility
Unit Secretary/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: PTO every pay period
Cons: Unable to stay
I was able to float to all departments in the hospital.
Worked with great charge nurses.
I learned how to adapt to different types of cultures
and religious believes.
Productive work environment.
P.B.X Operator (Current Employee), Pomona, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: lunches, flexibility, communication
Cons: short lunch
I enjoy working for PVHMC. I show up with great attitude and always look forward for the best while I am at work and outside of work. I have been learning new skills as I work different shifts and I am very thankful to the management for being open minded.
good complany to work for
Secretary/Surgery (Current Employee), Pomona, CAMarch 26, 2015
The operating room is a very busy environment. I enjoy the multi tasking and the diverse cultures this department offers.
Great Clinical Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, a great clinical experience, personally satisfying, altruistically enriching
I have had the opportunity to Volunteer at this Hospital and it has been an eye opening experience for me. I have learned a lot about patient care and have had the opportunity deal with patients and work staff in the clinical setting. A typical day at work would involve me working as a receptionist in the Pediatric department. My Duties would include but are not limited to greeting patients and patient families, transferring phone calls to the correct medical personnel, Filing patient information, Serving patients and patient families refreshment, snacks, and meals that are within the parameters of the patients' dietary needs. I would also stock up patient rooms and would also provide patients with anything they needed for personal care. I have the opportunity to work with and aid nurses and doctors and have had the privilege to watch them work.
I felt that the hospital encuraged there employes to continue their educatiuons.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: being in an healthcare environment
Cons: seeing a lot of death
I got my assignment and did the vital signs for each patient. Depending on the care I would either clean or turn the patient. There I learned timed management and how to do the most important first. I though management was far and I did not have any issues. I liked my coworkers and enjoyed my days. The hardest part of my job was see patients not do well and see the families go through that. I loved being a CNA I loved doing patient care.
Fast work environment
Master of Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Pomona, caJanuary 5, 2015
Busy yet rewarding place to work. Caring environment. Remodeling facility which is nice yet inconvenient
Good for long term employment
Materials Management (Former Employee), Pamona Valley, CADecember 14, 2014
I really enjoyed working at the hospital. It is a great job for benefits and for letting you grow in the company.
NA (Current Employee), Pomona, CAOctober 27, 2014
Good working enviornment. Nice people, they are always willing to help.
Top Notch Organization!
Chaplain, Clinical Pastoral Education Associate (Current Employee), Pomona, CAOctober 13, 2014
Lovely people who truly care about the individual. They are encouraging and supportive. As a volunteer, it has been a pleasure working with each department.
Excellent place to work at!
PBX Operator/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Pomona, CAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great staff, good hours, employee discounts
Cons: cafeteria food, parking
My manager is amazing, co-workers are great, my day is pleasant and manageable! Very blessed to wok here!
Document Imaging Prep Rep (Current Employee), Pomona, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Have been with Pomona for 2 years, it is a great place to work.
Productive place to work
Human Resources/b\Benefits Specialists (Current Employee), Pomona, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with employees and co-workers.
Excellent hospital with dedicated faculty.
Home Health Aide Student (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJune 2, 2014
Every single member of the healthcare team contributed to the overall goal of providing care to their patients. Their sense of management is splendid as well.
Great Place to Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pomona, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: many of opportunities to add skills and shifts
Cons: hard to get a job there
Once I had my foot in the door in a per diem clerical position, it became clear to my supervisor that I had much more to offer. I was always eager to learn the next skill and to help out wherever necessary. I quickly learned my position, then cross trained to work in other areas of my department. Because the position was only part time, I also became available to other departments as needed, and again proved myself as a versatile and quick learner, able to adapt to many different situations. Within 2 months of beginning my employment, I became known as a "go-to" person for any open shifts and worked full time.

When a medical assistant position became available, my supervisor recommended me for the position and I was transferred. As a medical assistant, I was able to use skills I'd learned in other departments of the hospital to ensure the best care for my patients, and to communicate with other departments proficiently.
productive and a very fun place to work
Centralized Scheduling Rep (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: christmas luncheon
I enjoyed meeting alot of different people and learning new things. I enjoyed my co worker as well
Clean and Professional
Eligibility Interviewer, volunteer (Former Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Great coworkers that are always willing to help out. Great customer service when it comes to helping filling out the application. They make you feel cared for.
Learned alot
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Worked for Pomona Valley Hospital for several years as an EMT. I learned so much from that Er
Fulfilling and rewarding job where the community comes together to raise money for the hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: i would be given hotel accommodations and a very nice dinner at events
Cons: working in close quarters with three very different and sometime difficult personalities
My typical day at work was answering calls, entering monitary gifts from donors, opening the department mail, mailing out correspondence, and maintaining the department database.
I learned how generous people can be when it comes to the needs of a community hospital.
Management in my department was not defined; it was a small department and I had the least seniority.
It never felt like I was part of the "team". Only when my assistence benifited others, was I asked to help my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was working in close quarters with three very different and sometime difficult personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the community come together to raise funds for the hospital and its patients.