Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center

Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and excellent staff. Poor management in some areas, but overall an excellent place to work!
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 13, 2017
Fast-paced and excellent staff. Poor management in some areas (especially the Stores and Distribution Department), but overall an excellent place to work! Very high employee-retention rate!
amazing
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 1, 2017
Amazing place to work full of diversity and great atmosphere. Great benefits and flexibility with work schedule. Friendly environment and management cares.
Great place to work.
Float Pool/LVN (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 9, 2017
I work with a lot of really great nurse. Team work.
I learn new things everyday. Hardest part of my job is seeing families hurting because their family is sick or has passed.
Good pay.Difficult schedule but flexible hours. Not consistent with employees
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 5, 2017
Management is nice, but lack of discipline. The graveyard not being 7 days on and 7 days off is hard. Job duties for employees not clear and not enforced. The night and weekend differential is very good.
Pros
Good starting pay and night and weekend differential is good.
Cons
Scattered schedule.
Nice
Lab Assistant II /Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 31, 2017
Great place to give back to our community.

Also the diverse cultures in patients and coworkers are nice. Life is a learning class there is always something new to add to life in this type of environment.
Pros
Lots of different cultures
Undeserving
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 27, 2017
I have been working at Pomona for more than 5 years, in two separate departments. Each department has it flaws and is usually upper management. It has been unorganized, unfair, overly demanding based on your pay rate. They require more from you that what was originally requested. The only enjoyment would the diverse culture at Pomona, amazing people with great backgrounds and work ethics that make working at Pomona bearable. They do not work with school schedules or even life schedules, everything is based around their needs regardless of seniority, mind you each department I have been there 2 years plus, I had to drop down form a benefited position to un-benefited position due to one day of the week that I would be arriving 30 minutes late. Favoritism is seen and displayed throughout the hospital, and 'certain activities' among varies employees has been a growing trend causing personal affairs to be affecting professional affairs. There is no advancement within the hospital, the qualify usually leave Pomona for better pay, career quality, and time.
Productive and active day at work
Chairman of Fundraising and Activities (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 8, 2017
I interacted and helped patients with everyday duties and activities such as preparing meals, aiding in bathing, providing entertainment, and giving endless support.
great co-workers
Externship (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 8, 2017
for the few months i was there all the workers were great, understanding and willing to share their knowledge with other. great mentors. i learned how to deal with all types of patients
Best place I've ever had the opportunity to work for!
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 2, 2017
Great people! The staffs expertise and their ability to care for their patients is superb! Wonderful and caring to say the least!
Great people, great company
Senior Clinical Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for PVHMC. I found the people to be friendly and the leadership to be willing to work with you as long as you were able to get your job done well. The work environment was great and they provided everything needed to be productive and effective.
The nurses are very nice to work with
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 4, 2017
This hospital has gotten a lot better over the years. It's growing with more jobs and more doctors and nurses to serve you better.
Pros
Getting a chance to work with a great team and helping patients
Cons
Short hours
Job outsourced
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 22, 2016
Really sad that transcription jobs were outsourced during the recession. We lost our jobs and livelihood. Best paying job in transcription. Was able to work remotely until things fell through. The hospital was not prepared to protect our jobs. Incomes dropped by $20,000 per year or more and forced from hourly into production.
Pros
Paid well.
Cons
Holiday work.
Nice place to work.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 17, 2016
All people in office were friendly and a joy to work with every day.
Dedicated and professional employees. Clean and organized office space.
Pros
Discount at cafe
Cons
Temporary assignment
great coworkers
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 20, 2016
The emergency department is a very busy place to work, Most of my coworkers are friendly and hard worker as well as team players
Pros
coworkers
Cons
busy
Great place to work!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 14, 2016
Evidenced based practice in nursing care. Good place to work. Large NICU unit. Good co-workers to work with. Love taking care of the patients. Very good management team in my unit.
Not a great place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 2, 2016
Administration is the issue- They do not try to interact with associates as they claim to do. A lot of issues in our workplace that are not addressed. Too many management meetings. Micromanaged department.
Pros
health benefits after 10 years
Cons
see above
Monitor Tech., GI Tech (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CaApril 7, 2016
Worked in the GI lab as a technician . I also worked in other dept. floating. Team environment. The hospital was a great place for me while I was attending school. I learned very much about the working of a hospital
Great staff and teamwork
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 6, 2016
The staff at PVHMC is great and easy to get along with. There is a lot of teamwork effort that helps to accomplish multiple tasks and management is great at recognizing and complimenting an employee that goes the extra mile
very good hospital
Ultrasound Tech Training (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 22, 2016
very good manager team work ,excellent patient care very good experience,i have a very wide experience by working there,good time management
Really nice and friendly staff
Quality Management College Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I started doing a college volunteering with the department of Quality Management because I want to further pursue an education in I/O Psychology. They were really nice and open to teach me, they are a great team to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice and friendly environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4