Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center

Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great co-workers
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CADecember 10, 2015
I love love my job. I'm a medical assistant at PVHMC- Grand satellite office. All my co-workers are great. My supervisor is super great. The director is good too. I enjoy coming to work everyday. The doctors are wonderful. All of us get along, there is no drama between us. Its a great place to work at.
Pros
Great benefits. Great supervisor. Great co-workers.
Cons
Long drive..but worth it
Productive never boring environment
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 18, 2015
Very fast paced and busy environment, with micro managing management. I learned how to deal with different types situations and people.
My colleagues are amazing, very knowledgeable and courteous.
The hard part is when a patient does not agree with his of her medical coverage.
The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of the day when all my accounts have been completed successfully.
Pros
free medical benefits after 10 years of service
Cons
unstable work schedules
bad management
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 5, 2015
bad management and no room to grow
no benefits
takes forever to get a benefited position
does not provide essential items to perform every day job duties
very productive company
Experienced Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 3, 2015
billing & follow up on facility claims. great co-workers, great benefits. I learned aspects of billing for facility claims including all follow up. specialized in Medicare
Great staff and teamwork
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 6, 2016
The staff at PVHMC is great and easy to get along with. There is a lot of teamwork effort that helps to accomplish multiple tasks and management is great at recognizing and complimenting an employee that goes the extra mile
Not a great place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 2, 2016
Administration is the issue- They do not try to interact with associates as they claim to do. A lot of issues in our workplace that are not addressed. Too many management meetings. Micromanaged department.
Pros
health benefits after 10 years
Cons
see above
Great place to work!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 14, 2016
Evidenced based practice in nursing care. Good place to work. Large NICU unit. Good co-workers to work with. Love taking care of the patients. Very good management team in my unit.
Fulfilling and rewarding job where the community comes together to raise money for the hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 5, 2014
My typical day at work was answering calls, entering monitary gifts from donors, opening the department mail, mailing out correspondence, and maintaining the department database.
I learned how generous people can be when it comes to the needs of a community hospital.
Management in my department was not defined; it was a small department and I had the least seniority.
It never felt like I was part of the "team". Only when my assistence benifited others, was I asked to help my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was working in close quarters with three very different and sometime difficult personalities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the community come together to raise funds for the hospital and its patients.
Pros
i would be given hotel accommodations and a very nice dinner at events
Cons
Really nice and friendly staff
Quality Management College Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I started doing a college volunteering with the department of Quality Management because I want to further pursue an education in I/O Psychology. They were really nice and open to teach me, they are a great team to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice and friendly environment
Monitor Tech., GI Tech (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CaApril 7, 2016
Worked in the GI lab as a technician . I also worked in other dept. floating. Team environment. The hospital was a great place for me while I was attending school. I learned very much about the working of a hospital
Enjoyed employment there, many perk, great place to learn and to advance.
Admissions Representative, Insurance verifier (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work while in the pre-verification department started with a copy of patients that had pre-registered for services. I would sort the copies and put them in order according to insurance information so that when I called the insurance company I could do them all at once. I learned a lot about insurance benefits and how they differ from company to company.

My manager was very pleased with the process that I had instituted on the pre-verification desk and with the increase in money I collected each month.

I was very fortunate to have a great team of co-workers that made each day enjoyable.
Pros
403k, after 10yrs of employment free health insurance, ride share benefits, discount on hospital bills for employees and family
Cons
short breaks and lunches
very good hospital
Ultrasound Tech Training (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 22, 2016
very good manager team work ,excellent patient care very good experience,i have a very wide experience by working there,good time management
Great Rewarding Job
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 18, 2013
PVHMC is a great place to work, every day that I come to work I encounter positive people with an urge of team work. Management staff is always helpful and willing to listen.
Iv'e learned to build strong relationships and created many great friendships throughout my employment here.
Pros
great benefits, relationships, flexibility
Cons
no secure parking, rude security dept., short lunch breaks
A great place to intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 13, 2013
During my final weeks in my Health information Technology Course I was privileged to work with some excellent and knowledgeable staff. I was able to learn the ROI, Doctor's chart room, scanning and uploading. Prepping the chart and it has helped me in my current job. The hardest part of the job, the job was too short, the most enjoyable part was the hands on experience I gained.
Pros
able to gain hands on experience.
Cons
no pay, benefits
Office coordinator at cardiac services
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 17, 2013
Gaining 13 years of administrative experience, I learned to be resourceful and excel under pressure, especially within 9 of those years at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, a 400 bed acute care hospital.
Within a short period of time I was promoted from Secretary to Administrative Assistant to Admin/Office Coordinator by being a proactive, energetic problem-solver with a passion for providing support.
I reliably offered well-rounded experience and resources to assist the Nursing Director and 5 Supervisors with their responsibilities. Holding a vital position within Cardiac Services, I focused on seamlessly integrating my role with the various management styles. The excitement of assisting multiple Managers, Supervisors and Nursing Director was enjoyable and challenging. I thrived on being able to solve problems, find resources needed and generally help by using my experience and quick thinking to help the managers and director.
This was the most enjoyable and the hardest part, and always a challenge which I enjoy. There was never a dull moment working in the Cardiac Services, and if the day ever did become slower, there was always more projects to research or tasks to implement.
Pros
job security* (until mass layoffs, 1st time in 20 years), compensation and benefits, hours
Cons
non-flexible schedule
Worked at pomona hospital as a maintenance machenic
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 24, 2015
I worked swing shift 3-11 pm I responded to house calls fixing pluming and nurse call problems, checked on air handlers and exhaust fans and fixed what was necessary
Good for long term employment
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Pamona Valley, CADecember 14, 2014
I really enjoyed working at the hospital. It is a great job for benefits and for letting you grow in the company.
Not interested in Reviewing Pomona Valley
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 17, 2015
I'm not interested in Reviewing Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center at this time, as this is my current place of employment.
Productive place to work
Human Resources/b\Benefits Specialists (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 4, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with employees and co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Document Imaging Prep Rep (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 16, 2014
Have been with Pomona for 2 years, it is a great place to work.
benefits