Ponderosa Employee Reviews

very pleasant & friendly place to work
Cashier / Trainer (Current Employee), Gaylord, MIJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy working at the Ponderosa and working with all the friendly customers, but want to pursue my career as a medical receptionist.
short shifts
Waitressing (Former Employee), vincennesJune 24, 2015
Pros: short shifts
Cons: horrible pay, no benifits, managment dose not care about you.
great for a part time job, nothing really interesting about this job, waitress on costumers and clean, very un organized for busy days
Fun place to work. learned a lot of recipies.
closed no manager (Former Employee), Herkimer, NYMay 8, 2015
Pros: Learned new recipies
Cons: A lot of presher timing wise
I was in charge of making all the food for the buffet and desert areas. Every day I would make different foods from finger food ton pasta. and in between that I would bake cookies and cakes for the desert area.
Fast paced and friendly workplace
Cashier/Prep Cook/Buffet Attendant/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Oregon, OHMay 4, 2015
Pros: Amazing supervisors
Cons: short breaks
It was a fast paced and friendly place to work before the owners had lost it and it closed unfortunately leaving many without jobs .
fun place
Waitress (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: fre meals
Cons: health ins., tips
A typical day at work would be to help others and verify all customer orders and then process as needed. I would get along great with my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job would have to be to satisfy customers that are never satisfied. The most enjoyable part of any job I have had is help the customer in any way I could!
Great managment
Buffet Attendant, dishwasher, cook (Former Employee), Hartford, WIMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: low wage
Working at Ponderosa does not provide the best hourly wage, but the management is amazing, Co-workers became friends, the job tasks were pretty easy, and i learned how to work as a team, use time wisely, and how to become a good role model for new workers.
Food Service
Waiter, Cook (Former Employee), Glen CarbonFebruary 26, 2015
Being a server was good money. Friendly people. Good hours. Sometimes hours would be slow enough for managers to cut hours.
Very stern manager
Waitress (Former Employee), Plymouth, INFebruary 26, 2015
This was my first job, I was 15 years old. The manager there at the time was VERY intimidating... but I realize now that he was just a very hard worker and wanted the best out of his employees. This was a very easy job to do. Especially for kids in high school.
Summer job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lake Delton wiFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: workers
Setting up work stations, prepping food working with employee's and customers. Management was fair. Enjoyable part was getting to hang out with the crew, we would set a certain night where we would all go hang out at the Chalet in the Dells and bowl and just blow off steam.
Productive and fun place with great staff.
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Ripley, WVJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day at work for me would be to come in and clean all my sections tables then make sure my drink station had everything i needed for customers needs. Then as a customer walked in i would seat them in my section at a table or a booth of there choosing and then take down there orders. I love working at Ponderosa it was a fun and fast paced working experience. The staff was fantastic as well i never had any problems with them. The most enjoyable part of my job was my regulars that would come in and tell me how they are doing so far and catching up!
ponderosa
Cook (Former Employee), Indiana, PAJanuary 14, 2015
wasn't really a bad job, just long hours, very friendly people to work with as well as a lot of new things to learn
High school job
Dishwasher and Grill Cook (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: was made to go on breack when i was under 18
I washed all the dishes by myself until closing time.
Then I was promoted to grill cook and had some one to help me with all the food that was needed for the job.
I had fun with most of my co-workers.
Hardest part of this job was when there was a major rush of people came in.
Bad management and lay work ethic
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Wabash, INDecember 10, 2014
Pros: discounted buffet
Cons: management and work ethic
Honestly, I would avoid this place. Nothing is fresh here and everything is half done right. If you listen closely at night you can hear the managers talking bad about other co-workers. The most enjoyable part was the discounted buffet, Hardest part was dealing with the bad management.
Super easy part time job
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Frankfort, INNovember 14, 2014
Operating the cash register and cleaning dishes. Super easy part time job.
Enjoyed working here
Buffet Attendant/Trainer (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: worked with school schedule
Cons: no benefits
Fun environment co-workers were great my job here was to make sure we had enough fresh food on bar at all times and i learned the importance of changing pans and flipping food.
productive and sufficient workplace
sufficient
customer friendly
good food
4,5 stars
Worded in Maintenance, Dishwasher, Stocker (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with/ the people who came there to dine
Cons: healthcare, pay raises were few and far in between
A good productive day/ Team work/ work as one/mangement was awssome made me felt like I belonged/ nice, yet firm,god work values/hardest part of the job was stocking. WE never got the same product/all the time/ you did a honest day's work I felt complete.
General Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHOctober 11, 2014
Ponderosa was an excellent work place because the employees were friendly and the customers were regulars and the days were always busy.
over worked under paid
Cook/ Dishwasher/ Cold Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Indiana, PAOctober 11, 2014
No raises for doing quality work. no help if employees needed assistance managment would disapline coworkers in front of customers. failed numouris heath inspections tryed to get rid of all employees that earned over 8.00 an hour
Perfect for high school job
Server (Former Employee), Frankfort, INOctober 5, 2014
This job offered little room for advancement and was more geared toward high school kids needing employment. The management was often rude. Schedules were not posted promptly and you had to call nearly everyday to see if you had to work.