Pontoon Employee Reviews

Great people, fun work environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 28, 2017
Great support when learning new tasks, great environment. Opportunities for change to other accounts. Great location in Maumee Ohio. Support from account managers is great.
Pros
support from co-workers
Cons
no paid holidays or vacation
Lots of change but great opportunity
Director Global Operations (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 22, 2017
Pontoon is going through a lot of challenges at the moment including a greater amount of collaboration with our parent company (Adecco). This is providing a significant opportunity for employees as Adecco is quite a lot larger. However, it is still an ongoing process and the hiccups of this voyage are real.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Small raises annually
Happy Employee
Program Consultant II (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 19, 2017
I did enjoy my time working for Pontoon and did not want to leave. I worked with a great team and management was very helpful and encouraging........
Pros
Opportunity to work remote
Cons
Salary a bit low for the industry
If you want good pay, benefits, and organization this is not a place for you!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 18, 2017
Very unorganized. Misleading. Training lasted three weeks and we still didn’t learn anything. Very low pay. No benefits. No paid time off or vacations. No organization or structure. The only reason I came to work everyday was because of my awesome coworkers.
Pros
Work life/balance
Cons
Everything else
Culture and Work Life Balance
Recruiter II (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 12, 2017
At pontoon i have been able to further my career and learn how to create a work life balance. They are more than willing to go out of their way to make sure that your pay and your family come first. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Work life balance-benefits
Cons
High Demand Job
Pontoon Solutions Review
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 3, 2017
My typical day included emails, receiving and making outbound calls sending correspondence to quires from suppliers, employees and hiring manager. We c
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Company Morale
Pontoon Solutions
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 2, 2017
You can gain a lot of knowledge pertaining to the MSP. However, they tend to pay lower than average. Management seems to be approachable but no room for growth.
Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Core values are laughable
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 22, 2017
Pontoon is not a company that is transparent, they never fully tell employees what is going on with the company. Have laid off many people and the pick and chose who they will give a heads up to. Some were informed earlier on so they could get another job or be placed in the company and others were not told until they day of. Relocate a lot of jobs in other countries and laying off in U.S.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Manage Needs to be more transparent.
Many pros and many cons
Associate (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 3, 2017
It's common knowledge that nobody gets compensated fairly among employees. There are many experts at what they do making less than someones friend that got hired in last week. Historically, after talking with others you can expect minuscule to 0 raises.

Favoritism is abundant. Be sure not to criticize a manager or team leads "favorite" for doing a poor job or less work or you can expect some serious backlash.

The work life balance truly is great. Modern beautiful office.

Depending on what account you get your manager could be great or totally useless. You will be treated like a "superstar" but then one mess up and you will be looked down upon and treated differently for months.

Expect to get the majority of your support from other associate's and team members, they are great and always willing to help you out.

I love the people I work with and if it wasn't for them I would be gone. I plan on staying and continue learning valuable skills and then moving on...not sure management cares as much as they continually preach they do.
Workplace culture is ideal
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionAugust 20, 2017
Every college in the company coordinates and works well together. The compensation policies are above standard. The company culture provides a setting conducive to productivity.
Pros
Free Beverages
Cons
Health Care
You won't be retiring from this company
Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 15, 2017
Pontoon has a somewhat modern office to work in, but nothing else. They hire you as a temp (no payed time off, and no payed holidays). You can have health benefits after 60 days of employment. Dry atmosphere, not friendly at all. Not a fun environment to work. People don't talk to each other. Everyone works with remote locations. No one working as a team. You report to your manager who is sitting somewhere in a Texas office, or remotely working from home. They never provide you with feedback. Bad communication between parties. No job security no matter how good of a worker you are. You can be a senior employee, and find yourself without a job from one day to another without any sign or disciplinary action or notice. Not recommended if you are looking for a long term, secure employment. High turnaround rate as well.
Pros
Nice office space, kitchen, great location
Cons
Communication, atmosphere, lack of training, lack of job security
A great place to work
PMO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2017
Overall I have enjoyed the work that I do. The work is continuous but not overbearing and I feel like I'm presented with new challenges on a constant basis.
Amazing culture and growth opportunities
HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2017
You get what you give. Pontoon is a start up under the umbrella of a large multi-national organization. While there are growing pains ultimately your future is in your hands and if you work hard and are willing to travel and potentially relocate, the sky is the limit.
Pros
Cons
Technology support
Laid back environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 4, 2017
So far it has been a pretty good experience especially with my immediate team. I have learned so much in a relatively short time. I a have been able to use my experience to help build the team.
Program Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 20, 2017
Pontoon is a great place to work if you are just entering the staffing industry. The benefits are great! The work from home option is also great! I loved my manager and colleagues as well.
Not a good culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2017
The worker minion of the company are great people, sadly management is all about favoritism and makes sure you as an employee know that and who you should be friends with. People are being let go left and right with no reason as to why but the common trend is if you were liked by the HR department or not.
Great opportunity to work with different industries
Recruitment Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
If you are seeking experience in multiple industries, Pontoon is definitely the place to be. You can easily work on different accounts, which aids in gaining the knowledge and skills needed.

The culture is something that is growing, but is fairly descent.

The main downside is growth almost appears impossible. You may jump from account to account, but it is usually a lateral move.

Overall, if you want somewhere to start and are interested in RPO, then this may be a good fit for you. However, I do not see it as a place where one might want to stay long-term.
Pros
Exposure to different industries, flexibility
Cons
No growth
Great group of team members and direct management
Technology Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2017
great place to work...great co-workers, great direct supervisor/management, fostered team work. The hardest part of the job was ensuring you balanced all accounts according to priority...sometimes had to be more reactive than proactive
The best work environment and great company to work for
Technology Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
This is a great place to work.
It is a working family that supporting and providing help from the first step until the end.
Great opportunity to learn a lot and become more professional.
Priceless experience.
Pros
People, benefits, environment.
Cons
did not find any
Decent Company
Sourcer III (Former Employee) –  virtualJune 3, 2017
I was a virtual employee; had decent managers until they hired a specific Sourcing Team Manager who super micro-managed everyone. I enjoyed the team that I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pontoon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8