Poolcorp Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced and merit based
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Solid company with decent room for upward advancement. Runs very thin as far as staffing and compensation can be quite inconsistent.
not applicable
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 12, 2015
fun work place with supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics. the most enjoyable part of my job was working
Fun place to work, but became hard to work for once they became publicly owned
Sales Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Higley, AZJuly 20, 2015
Fun place to work, but became hard to work for once they became publicly owned. I took a high level of pride in my work, but felt unappreciated toward the end.
Glad to be back in delanco new jersey
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  DELANCO NEW JERSEYJune 6, 2015
I worked here from 98-2004, got really sick in august 2004 , if it wasn't for the insurance I had there when I was in hospital and nursing home and then out of work for two years. I don't know where we would be!!!. Probably be homeless. Just took ten years to get back.Only here for the summer. Just remembered how hot and sweaty and dirty I can get in here but I am looking forward to hot sweat and dirty all summer. Everyone here is the best from the top to the bottom of the bunch. And I ain"t young in age. We work together like a team... In fact we are the a-team from the time the first ones arrive to the last of us to leave for the day. I have learned thru many different jobs that I have had, there wasn't a placed I worked that the things most people complain about are the same everywhere. I didn't have a real distace for the employer or what I did. I just like what I do and still getting to service customers. Things change with the seasons. And that always keeps it interesting. And the customers are usually happy. I try to keep them that way. I am sorry for the associates that aren't happy to at least have a job, plenty of people need work.
Pros
COOK OUTS, BENEFITS, A JOB THAT MAKES ME PROUD.
Cons
SUMMER HEAT, HUMIDITY, WINTER COLD
Terrible place to work
DRIVER /WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  CHARLOTTE NCMarch 25, 2015
Do Your Research !! Company trucks are red flagged by DMV meaning they have too many violations !! Long HRS and they have a hard time providing proper paperwork or training !! Manager is young fresh out of college cocky kid !! Run DONT WALK AWAY !!
Pros
ITS A JOB !!
Cons
TERRIBLE PLACE !!
Productive and nice place to work
Mailroom Clerk, Office Service Department (Current Employee) –  Covington, LASeptember 30, 2014
My day is very productive I pickup mail in the morning and drop of mail in the afternoon.My co-workers are very nice and a pleasure to work with. My job is not hard at all.
Great work experience
SOFTWARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Covington, LASeptember 21, 2014
A typical day of work involved development C# in Visual Studio and database management in SQL Server Management Studio. I occasionally had meetings with the team and management to present progress updates on projects.

I strengthened my C#, SQL, and ASP.NET web forms abilities. I built a web application for managing lists and user administration for list owners.

Management was excellent. There was clear communication of what was required of me and I felt valued for my contributions to the company.

My co-workers were a great group of developers and database administrators. I felt at home on the team and they each had positive mindsets.

The hardest part of the job was giving presentations. I was still developing my public speech skills at the time, but by the end of the summer, I demonstrated growth in public speech.

The most enjoyable part of the job was developing web applications and learning about Web 2.0. I worked to provide a rich user experience by updating content dynamically through web service calls.
Room for advancement
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Overall a good company, but not for me. Worked minimum 50 hours a week and up to as much as 65 monday through saturday
High energy, high stress, high pressure
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 1, 2013
Great company culture, great co-workers and employees. Difficult to meet unrealistic goals in budgeting and 'false' upper management's wanted goals. Hell of seasonal work, as your location earns a years worth of earnings in less than six monthes of the year.
Pros
culture, energy, local branches
Cons
upper management, unrealistic goals, no loyalty to lower staff

Want to know more about Poolcorp?

Ask a question