Poolcorp Employee Reviews

Decent company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
Worked for one of the best managers I have ever had. Eric Reinkemeyer is fair and family oriented. SCP has wonderful benefits and lasting employee's.
I have since moved to our sister company Horizon and work with some really great people.
Advancement is limited unless you are in management, but potential is there is you keep a good attitude and work ethic.
Pros
Great Vacation time off
Cons
Advancement limitations
Scp
Commercial Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 15, 2017
My job at SCP was pretty typical for most driving and warehouse careers. I learned allot about the variety of items involved in constructing a pool. I also learned how to use a Radio frequency unit to control shipment and receiving of product. All in all I got along well with my supervisors and my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive 10 to 12 hour days. Not that I minded the overtime but after a few days I often found myself tired. The best part of the job was when I was able to learn something new to help me be more versatile and a better asset to the company.
Pros
Great pay, Good benefits.
Cons
10 - 12 hour days
does not follow through on growth promises
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
does not follow through on growth promises and tries to pigeon hole employees to stay where they are and makes transitioning into another role very difficult
Poolcorp
Ontrac (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2017
It was great to work for them. They have a great manager in training program. I would not recommend being an operations manager at this job. There is definitely more authority for the business development reps.
Poolcorp
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2016
Positions not available after finishing the Manager Training Program.
It is a good company to work for, although the salaries are low.
Cons
salary, long days
Laid back, good people
Operations Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2016
Good culture
Fast paced
Room for growth

Low pay

Very good people to work with. Management is good and knows what they're doing in most areas of the company
Pros
Good culture, fast paced, room for growth
Cons
Low pay, early and long hours
Fast paced and merit based
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Solid company with decent room for upward advancement. Runs very thin as far as staffing and compensation can be quite inconsistent.
not applicable
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 12, 2015
fun work place with supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics. the most enjoyable part of my job was working
Fun place to work, but became hard to work for once they became publicly owned
Sales Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Higley, AZJuly 20, 2015
Fun place to work, but became hard to work for once they became publicly owned. I took a high level of pride in my work, but felt unappreciated toward the end.
Glad to be back in delanco new jersey
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  DELANCO NEW JERSEYJune 6, 2015
I worked here from 98-2004, got really sick in august 2004 , if it wasn't for the insurance I had there when I was in hospital and nursing home and then out of work for two years. I don't know where we would be!!!. Probably be homeless. Just took ten years to get back.Only here for the summer. Just remembered how hot and sweaty and dirty I can get in here but I am looking forward to hot sweat and dirty all summer. Everyone here is the best from the top to the bottom of the bunch. And I ain"t young in age. We work together like a team... In fact we are the a-team from the time the first ones arrive to the last of us to leave for the day. I have learned thru many different jobs that I have had, there wasn't a placed I worked that the things most people complain about are the same everywhere. I didn't have a real distace for the employer or what I did. I just like what I do and still getting to service customers. Things change with the seasons. And that always keeps it interesting. And the customers are usually happy. I try to keep them that way. I am sorry for the associates that aren't happy to at least have a job, plenty of people need work.
Pros
Cook outs, Benefits, A job that makes me proud.
Cons
Summer heat, Humidity, Winter cold
Terrible place to work
DRIVER /WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  CHARLOTTE NCMarch 25, 2015
Do Your Research !! Company trucks are red flagged by DMV meaning they have too many violations !! Long HRS and they have a hard time providing proper paperwork or training !! Manager is young fresh out of college cocky kid !! Run DONT WALK AWAY !!
Pros
Its a job !!
Cons
Terrible place !!
Productive and nice place to work
Mailroom Clerk, Office Service Department (Current Employee) –  Covington, LASeptember 30, 2014
My day is very productive I pickup mail in the morning and drop of mail in the afternoon.My co-workers are very nice and a pleasure to work with. My job is not hard at all.
Great work experience
SOFTWARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Covington, LASeptember 21, 2014
A typical day of work involved development C# in Visual Studio and database management in SQL Server Management Studio. I occasionally had meetings with the team and management to present progress updates on projects.

I strengthened my C#, SQL, and ASP.NET web forms abilities. I built a web application for managing lists and user administration for list owners.

Management was excellent. There was clear communication of what was required of me and I felt valued for my contributions to the company.

My co-workers were a great group of developers and database administrators. I felt at home on the team and they each had positive mindsets.

The hardest part of the job was giving presentations. I was still developing my public speech skills at the time, but by the end of the summer, I demonstrated growth in public speech.

The most enjoyable part of the job was developing web applications and learning about Web 2.0. I worked to provide a rich user experience by updating content dynamically through web service calls.
Room for advancement
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Overall a good company, but not for me. Worked minimum 50 hours a week and up to as much as 65 monday through saturday
High energy, high stress, high pressure
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 1, 2013
Great company culture, great co-workers and employees. Difficult to meet unrealistic goals in budgeting and 'false' upper management's wanted goals. Hell of seasonal work, as your location earns a years worth of earnings in less than six monthes of the year.
Pros
culture, energy, local branches
Cons
upper management, unrealistic goals, no loyalty to lower staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poolcorp. Our community is ready to answer.