Pop Labs Employee Reviews in United States

horrible place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2014
Just horrible, no training, no job security. Beware
learned nothing
management is a joke
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the work enviroment
Lots of Promises, No Follow-Through
Search Engine Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2012
I learned a lot from working at Pop Labs, the most important lesson of which is, "Never take a job based on promises." I worked with the company for over a year, and during that time, I never saw the health insurance I was promised would come within three months, didn't get the performance review I should have had at three months for over a year (and then it was predominantly one person's opinion instead of coming from a panel), and the best "benefit" anyone ever saw was a ping pong table.

A typical day at work for Pop Labs includes handling way more clients than is reasonable (70+ for some individuals), getting berated by management for no discernible reason, fantasizing about how to escape, running away as fast as you can for lunch, coming back from lunch to have something hugely problematic waiting for you, getting berated -- sometimes publicly -- for not predicted this hugely problematic project or client request, resigning yourself to working through this festering excrement storm, and running out the door as soon as possible. Yes, management will yell at you in front of everyone else. Heck, they'll tell new hires not to talk to you and plot behind your back. (It might sound paranoid, but I'm not the only one this happened to.)
Pros
you have a job.
Cons
while it might be a job, it's a dead end that will drive you to functional alcoholism.
Work place with great individuals but questionable operations
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2011
The individuals, not the managers are the true heart and soul of the company. They run the show and bring in the money. Management is nice but the aren't entirely forthcoming with their practices.
Pros
happy hours on fridays
Cons
no health insurance, below average pay

1.5