Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

its an okay job just way to much drama
Crew member / server (Former Employee) –  baltimoreJanuary 20, 2018
working at popey's was cool because of the customers but the management sucked they weren't appreciative didn't care about their employees or anything just themselves
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
everything
good people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 19, 2018
everyone is pretty nice the owners are cool the managers as well, its a pretty great place to work at i had a good experience. we were given a free meal on our breaks
Pros
free food
Nothing special about the place,bad vibes.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 19, 2018
Typical day was stressful, I learned that you shouldn't try and stand out they want you to follow their guidelines to a point, management was very poor and didn't know how to run a tight ship. Hardest part of the job was getting any type of structural direction, most enjoyable part of the job was when I actually was able to satisfy a customers expectations
Pros
No pros
Cons
No career advancement
Loved the managers
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
I loved the people i worked with and the managers but i didn't make enough money here. i worked very hard and was always on time but i never got a raise.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no good benefits and no good pay
Pretty okay place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 18, 2018
Pretty easy job. Customers have gotta be the worst part of it; they abuse the use of the coupons. General Manager isn't the easiest to work with. Overall pretty okay job though.
Very stressful envoriment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Adelphi, MDJanuary 18, 2018
The location in which I worked at just wasn't organized at all, which didn't help nor did the staff. They basically through you to the wolves. It not the best place to work but that's just my opinion.
okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 18, 2018
working here wasn't to bad. the location was fairly new so it. was just getting into the swing of things the managers were the store owners so they were really hands on with everything that happened. Free lunch was the best
productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 18, 2018
a typical day at work was relaxing and enjoyable. my co workers and I always worked together as a team to get the job done. I never had to many problems with customer complaints as a team we were able to solve any customer dis satisfaction without getting a manager involved. great place to work
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
short bracks
Serves great food and it was a wonderful place to work!
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2018
The time I spent working here although it was rather short still gave me a good understanding of the Fast food industry. Each day at work was far from challenging to myself who enjoyed the atmosphere and even the food at times. The culture of the workplace was a problem though and one that I thought I could help change in fact that was my main reason for applying for that job. When the General manager is/was present the culture seems entirely different and was one that I seen myself working at for a while. That is until the GM would leave and seemingly the professional culture would go out of the door with her.
Pros
Enjoyed serving people from my own community a warm meal that could enjoy
Cons
Didn't have the best of relationships with management, and Wish the presence of management was more relevant
popeyes is not employee friendly
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2018
the place was very stressful , management was rude and very unorganized , the back room was always dirty , the manage ment was disrespectful and very prejudice .
Very effective and fun place to work, really enjoyed meeting new people
Janitorial/Food prep and cooking (Former Employee) –  3842 W. LawrenceJanuary 18, 2018
Effectively communicated with kitchen staff regarding customer allergies, dietary needs and other special request. Delivered exceptional friendly and fast service. Maintained a professional tone of voice, including during peak rush hours. Washed buffet, restaurant and banquet items including silverware, dishes, cooking utensils, equipment and displays.
competitive
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2018
It was okay and i learned to be more responsible .. Management was cool but did some things by the book to make sure we where up to par and company guidelines..
Pros
free lunch, training
Cons
no breaks
Cashier/closer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NC 28115January 17, 2018
It was a pretty relaxed environment. It just wasn't the place for me. The wages were too low. I only made a little over minimum wage. It helped while I was in school.
General manager is awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43229January 17, 2018
I had my ups and downs with this company but the general manager is awesome the only cons that I had with this job was the lower managers that they hire
Pros
If your cool with the manager you get free lunches
Cons
Bi weekly pay
Loved my job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 17, 2018
I didn't work there long and while I was there I never got to work in the position I applied for. Still I didn'tmind being put where I was needed and enjoyed the job!
Entry level food service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, KSJanuary 17, 2018
It's a job. Minimal training or responsibilities necessary to work here. High turn over in crew and management. No experience necessary. No fault attendance/employment policy.
Pros
Free meal each shift you work.
Cons
crew instability
Stressful
Cashier/ Assistance Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 17, 2018
At the time Popeyes had the wrong management crew didn't listen it wasn't ran properly at all I had to let it go the owners was rude it much I have nothing else to say about Popeyes
Fun work place productive very challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 17, 2018
They taught me great management skills an how 2 guide others in there skills also I learned a lot about sales making labor food cost an handling alot of cash
Pros
Free lunches discounts
Cons
No breaks
Great workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2018
It was a great workplace to work at I had a great and fun team to work with. Every day I had a good shift with my co-workers the management and staff always made me feel like family.
Pros
Great team and great work place
Cons
n/a
not a very good place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2018
managers do not motivate their workers to work. its a hassle to come to work knowing you will be stressed out or ignored all day. rude customers. no respect. the higher the position, the more they talk down on you like they don't care what you have to say as long as they keep their job they don't care about you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8