Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,023 reviews matching the search
Lets just say, I'm glad I quit
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2016
At this job I would come in and take over the kitchen and begin to cook an provide food for the customers, during my career i learned how to cook all the different types of food that Popeye's provides. Probably the worst part of this job was the management and was the reason I left. Our store manager wasn't quite fair to most of her employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Bad rushes, no benefits, short breaks.
very bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJDecember 19, 2015
I have worked for popeyes for a few years now and i learned that it can be a great place to work with the proper management. But It has terrible management and you have low hours or high hours depending on if your manager likes you or not. For the popeyes i worked at there was never a set schedule and everyone gets called in an hour or a half hour before they were to show up. It takes a very long time to get a raise which is never more than 5 to 10 cents and also moving up depends on how the manager likes you it has nothing to do with skill. Also the management is always changing every couple of months and stock is always running out even though the store is never really busy. the only thing good about it is that they are flexible when it comes to days you can work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay bad management favoritism
Productive and efficient workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day for me starts with a thorough inspection of the previous night's closing. This can end with either praise for the night crew or a coaching session to improve operations. Throughout the day I oversee operations in the store and continually coach my crew. The hardest part of my job is preparing for inspections. There is always a frantic rush when the inspector shows up because I want everything to be perfect, and my crew knows it. The most enjoyable part of my job is witnessing employee advancement.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, long hours
good place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 4, 2016
I started working for company when it first came to Goldsboro, NC. I received a raise my first month working when the store open because of my work ethic. I enjoyed working with my manager for 4 years and I still keep in contact with her today. I love my popeyes crew. I've met some great people who I would consider friends now.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
no benefits
Cheapest People you'll ever work for
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJanuary 6, 2016
They always make you take a break when labor is barely close, barely get breaks, they don't give enough hours that a person can survive on, always understaff a night or morning crew so they can save money. Because we are always understaffed in a shift, you have to do twice the work in one shift. They always rush you off of the clock at the end of the night. They watch you work as long as the store is open on the video cameras, in which they can view from their personal iPads tablets computers and cell phones. It's disturbing knowing you are always under active surveillance. And as soon as they see you sitting down in the back area on their surveillance, they call the store and tells the manager to inform you to clock out. I don't think we get paid enough to work under the conditions that we do.
Pros
Free lunches, not strict on uniform, laid backed environment
Cons
No intended breaks, no benefits, nobody moves up in the company, below Chicago minimum wage, cheap owners, not enough hours
Loved my regular customers
Customer Service Representative10/16 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2016
Popeye's is a franchise that there weren't many growth opportunities and the pay was horrible. No matter your willingness to learn things there was never any growth potential.
Pros
The customer's and the job taught patience.
Cons
rarely received a raise because of your work only state raises.
popeyes is an enjoyable job and the management is great they are helpful and understanding individuals that care about their job and the customers.
Work experience (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 17, 2015
A typical day for me consists of working drive thru taking orders or filling orders mainly working night shifts where it is way more busier then morning shift. I have learned how to deal with really difficult customers and how to work as a team through the big rushes that we often get without just pointing fingers at each other when we get behind. The most enjoyable part about this job is making the customers happy and my managers happy as well because our managers encourage us and supports us and we can come to them and talk to them about things and we feel comfortable around them.
Pros
half off on meals
Cons
no benefits
Fast food & Fast paced
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLMarch 23, 2016
Fast Food & Fast paced. On your feet 8 hours a day. Demanding clients but coworkers are great.The most enjoyable part is when you are being praised and people thank you for what you do.
Too many problems that never get fixed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLDecember 17, 2015
The store I was in had no organization, whatsoever. Management was lazy and unprofessional. If there was ever any sort of problem in the store it remained unfixed - including things hazardous to employees health. The general manager was rude and careless, and the higher ups were worse. The only thing I liked about working for this company was my consistent hours.
Pros
Decent hours, free food on shifts
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, careless management
Productive and fun enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place, managers were very suportive and beleived in helping you.
I learned how the popeys chicken operation runs, and how to succeed in this business.
Management was awesome, they had our backs at all times.
Co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Hardest part was day one trynna adjust to somthing new.
Being the go to guy when people didnt show for work, getting raises and noticed for my sontribution to the company.
Pros
Free lunchies, being the guy the store depended upon to get the job done.
Cons
customer's complaining about the prices are to high for our products.
Great experiance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I loved working here it was a great experience for me and I learn how to be fast and focus on mine jod
Duties. It help me on that I can actually be responsible for my job duties and get the trust of my supervisors on get thing my things done
Pros
GOD FAIR BREAKS
Cons
GOOD BENEFITS
Friendly work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
During the store's grand opening, it had reached expectations such as high sales, very busy workplace, etc.. This was a good experience for those who have never worked in a restaurant or for those who have had prior experience but never opened a store at grand opening. Prior to the grand opening of any of the stores, there were a lot of cleaning duties. So if you're someone who doesn't recommend some physical labor, then this is not the place for you. However, there's a lot of opportunities in this field if you work hard and work your way up. It won't happen overnight but you will reach your goals.
Pros
Discounted employee meals, friendly management/employees
Cons
Lots of manual labor, low salary, inexperienced workers.
Productive working environment,friendly staff
ASSIST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
How to count product,daily sales,monitoring labor,upsaling,customers always friendly,my coworkers team players
Pros
FREE LUNCH, EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
Cons
NO RAISES
very friendly environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2015
I feel like I am the most valuable member of the company. this job gave me that mindset because every other crew member felt the same way. so there was always competition of who can make what better. I never had a problem with management. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude customers. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on everybody's face who enjoyed the food I cooked.
Pros
free meals, rewards for my work ethic
Cons
not many long term benefits, 401k healthcare
productive workplace,keeping clientele satisfied
popeyes cook (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 2, 2016
typical days at work is always fast paced,and you have to work hard to keep everything maintained.I learned that you have to work as a team.''Team work make the dream work'' i always said.without everyones cooperation including the manager,its more likely for mistake to be made.Co-workers should always be more motivated then the day before.The hardest part of a job is when co-workers take more breaks,then work put into there assignment/project.Enjoyable parts of work is seeing that clientele keeps coming back,keeps us busy,and you get nothing but phenomenal feedback.
Pros
great communicator, responsible, team player, organinized
Cons
taking on too many challenges, doing more then i can handle, helping others interfere with my project.
A Day at Popeyes
Shift Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2015
Great place to grow experience. Learned a lot in the management position such as how to predict sales operate a store day in and out. The best part would be the crew members different styles and way of working Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance. Calm and Assertive I approach each shift.
Pros
Free Manager Meals
Cons
No benefits, Low pay
An enjoyable job
cashier / crew trainer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 27, 2015
An easy and fast pace work place with the help of team work. Its not a one person job its takes team work to get the work done. Very helpful and experienced management that also work along with the team. We started o get numerous of new team member which made it difficult to know everyone strength and weakness. I enjoyed being able to help new people coming in the door and being able to set an example.
Pros
Free lunch, breaks
Cons
Benifits, pay grade
Easy job but no incentives
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 9, 2015
Working for Popeye's is not hard. The restaurant I work for does not give their managers 40 hours a week. They don't offer any benefits, no direct deposit, andno consideration for any ones personal time.
fun
CASHIER/FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILNovember 28, 2015
Friendly customers, and staff, clean and comfortable environment, fry chicken and prepare biscuits, cashier, front line and drive through,work full time with benefits, very fun environment at all times
Pros
fun
Cons
hours
Kinda slow, but lots of experiences to be had.
Cashier - Register (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 2, 2016
-You have a chance at almost every position.
-Learning how to pack a box of chicken fast and neatly.
-Management will help you with anything as long as they believe they are needed.
-Co-workers are iffy and sometimes bring their problems to work. Only possible due to small workspace you work in, giving a personal feel to the co-workers working together in such an enclosed space.
-The hardest part is packing the chicken fast, and trying not to drop some.
-The most enjoyable part was the free chicken our management let us take home at the end of the day, just before it had to be thrown out.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Iffy management

2.8