Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 2,996 reviews matching the search
exciting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LAJune 22, 2017
Working for Popeye's as taught me a lot. That's where I have first experienced dealing with customers. It was a challenge but it only made me better. Some people wake up on the wrong side of the bed but I still dealt with them as if they were the happiest person on earth.
Fast pace and stressful job environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2017
I really liked the fact that I was given an opportunity to work at Popeye's, at the time I needed a job desperately. I worked as a cook and sometimes by myself or in teams. The work environment is a fast pace environment just as any other fast food business, I wouldn't recommend this job for someone that is looking for an easy going job simply because it's a hectic environment nevertheless I really appreciate the job opportunity I was given at Popeye's because I learn why getting a degree in business is so important.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
The pay and hours is poorrly distributed
Stressful place to work with low compensation.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 21, 2017
Stressful environment with low pay. Some managers were nice but most treat you like a child. The culture was very intimidating. Everything was hard because management would try to rush you when you were assisting customers. Everything is ALWAYS the employee's fault never the managers even though it usually was.
Pros
Cons
everything
Slow business, under paid, rude staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work is slow in the beginning and then we get a rush that causes a delay in the kitchen every time. I learned that not everybody can work at a fast pace and that some people take being higher in pay way beyond what they should. The management is poor and the supervisors for the most part do nothing, The workplace culture is fair. There are a variety of people working at my location. The hardest part of the job is cleaning. The floors make is difficult to get the crumbs and the grease is a pain to clean. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving, After working for hours dealing with rude customers and the actual staff going home is a very good feeling relief.
Pros
Food is pretty good, regulars are nice
Cons
Low pay, rude people, inconsistent staff
Ok
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
I work at several restaurants so I have a outlook on different stores some are more professional then others I've learn alot working with Popeye's it was ok
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too much work and not enough workers
Nice, quick paced job
Trainer, Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARJune 21, 2017
I liked working at Popeyes. Fast paced, busy, friendly work environment. Management was easy going, team work was important. Very organized, plenty of opportunities to work and have ample hours.
n/a
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
it was horrible but i manged to work there for six months there is a chain of disrespect from the district manager to the general manager to the assistant managers
Pros
n/a
Cons
low hours
Fun and friendly environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 20, 2017
Okay part-time job for teenagers, but should not be a full time job/career. Work load deserves a higher salary, updated drive thru equipment, air condition needed.
Pros
free food
Cons
low wages
Productive place of work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2017
I liked working at Popeyes the customers were always Kind And Understanding. Popeyes was a great first job, I have had the best learning experience working in Popeyes fast food restaurant .
Professional and great customer service.They also have A excellent Menu not olny that ,but their cleanliness has very high standards Overall thumbs up
Customer Service, Cashiering (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJune 20, 2017
The time spent there was worth it . Popeyes very professional and makes sure their customers are satisfied and well taken care of. It's a great opportunity to further your career .
Pros
Free drinks and lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work
Popeyes (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work is I enjoy working with the customers, I have learned to be patient. The hardest part of my job was not getting enough hours. I enjoyed going to work
Nice place to work
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2017
Popeye's is a great employer. The franchise that I'm currently employed with is second to none in training.They are adamant in providing their management team with all tools necessary for complete and unwavering success.
Pros
Great training, good pay, good benefits;401k
Cons
Much personal time is expected and required
Never work there again
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 19, 2017
Favoritism was played within the managers lack of pay communication over worked us for little pay very stressful working there they wanted you basically staying there
Nice by the beach and open armed
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJune 19, 2017
Very relax, and easy to start a conversation at, with people traveling, and stopping by from many different places. Variety of meat choices, and sides. Drinks are very fresh, and soothing for people who travel during the summer.
Pros
Great Holiday deals
Cons
Coworkers
Very busy work environment
Fry cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Opening hours are slow but during the noon business hour becomes rush hour. I've learned to cook and have the customers order prepared within a certain amount of time as well as multitask objectives on the job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Security
Very fun workplace with great employees.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 19, 2017
Learning the aspects of the chicken industry was very rewarding. The great company size and history made it a very simple establishment to run on a daily basis.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDJune 19, 2017
· Greet customers with a smile and polite welcoming.
· Prepare meals with a quick but steady paste to please the customers and proceed with the following task requested.
· Monitor the cleanliness of the store once I was done with all tasks.
i loved working for popeyes chicken
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 19, 2017
it was an great work place all over...great mangers, great leaders, evrything was hands on at a fast work paste...the pay could have been better, but overall i loved it.
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LAJune 19, 2017
popeyes was a very great place to work at. the employees are very respectful. walking into work was the best part of the day for me. when I would go to work I felt like I was with family I felt like customers ca,e back because of the service and smiles we gave them. there wasn't really any hard parts about the job. its very easy and hands on. sometimes u just hae to go to work with a positive vibe. it was a place of business and a home for me.
Pros
free lunch, bonuses, promotions, meetings
Cons
rude customers
Moved swiftly, was a productive and professional environment.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, DEJune 19, 2017
I worked actively and productively throughout my time there, it was fast past or it was slow but i always kept busy. I talked to my coworkers and customers with respect and made a few friends while still doing my job. i made orders , took orders and packed orders as well. when it was closing time i cleaned the stations and the lobby and also the bathroom.
Pros
Cons
Tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8