Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great facility, chaotic hospitalist coverage.
Critical Care Physician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2017
Patient population is mostly COPD and obesity with diabetes. Very poor compliance rate. EMR needs to be completely overhauled. Administration is far from reality of daily medicine.
Pros
Brand new, beautiful facility
Cons
As above.
working at PBRMC is hard but there is some great people there.
MT (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MissouriMarch 19, 2017
There are some great people to work with. I learned a lot. I love working there but I am wanting to travel more. Hard work. Fast paced. Strict management
Pros
some great people
Cons
short breaks. odd hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMarch 7, 2017
Throughout the day I am by myself. I don't have to deal with customers or other people. Majority of the time I am by myself. Since it is a fast passed work environment, your have to learn to move quickly to get a patient into the room. The management could have been a little better but it is what it is. I didn't really enjoy the environment too much. I ended up getting real sick by being near sick people overall. The hardest part was trying to get as many rooms clean before your eight hour shift has ended. I really enjoyed that it was full time and I had benefits, but overall wasn't the job that suited my needs.
Pros
Didn't have to leave work to go to lunch. There was a cafeteria
Cons
Worked on holidays
Productive and entertaining very unique
Barista (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOFebruary 28, 2017
Overall this is probably one of the best places in town to work,
People are polite and excited, being a part of the team here feels nice because people take your accomplishments serious and cheer for you to aspire to become more.
A Culture of Safety
Director of Women's and Children's Services (WCS) (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOFebruary 9, 2017
Nice people to work with. Benefits are provided. There are opportunities for advancement. Safety of patients and quality of patient care is a big focus.
very good environment
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 11, 2017
very good workplace. good environment. fast paced and feels like day goes by very fast. i enjoyed the people and the patients they always keep a smile on my face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cutting hours
wonderful place to work
NRCMA / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MODecember 4, 2016
Busy from time you enter until you leave, I have learned so much, billing, insurance,doctors responsibility, appointments. Management is okay. Co-workers are great. Trying to get everything done before the end of the day is hard sometimes.
Pros
great employees
Cons
money isn't good
If you work at HHS ( Hospital Houskeeping System ) at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center watch out !
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 7, 2016
This job is contracted through the hospital I transported patients
to get x-rays and test ran it is basically just a orderly job but HHS
just makes the job look and sound very good. I would have stayed but ended up resigning because I was treated very bad and
was mistreated by the employees that I worked with. This is nothing but a kid job it has teenagers working here the hours is not that
great and the pay is not that great either for all the running in the hospital that you do putting people in wheelchairs and rolling stretchers down the hall. You also have to take CPR in order to do this job in the first place you have to work with somebody by your side if you don't have CPR.
yes I have CPR training but not by choice
you have a phone on you that never stops ringing it becomes very annoying. If you like teenagers that bother you all the time and I do mean ALL THE TIME and can't keep from touching you then this is the job for you. Management at HHS is very unresponsive and weak
if you report anything don't expect anything to get done or get resolved because it won't.
I wished that I never applied to a job like this one.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Everything including management
Ok place to work ??????? Could have been better
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOFebruary 23, 2016
typical day is answer a phone all day long which I didn't mind
I didn't care for the treatment that I received from other employees
transferring calls and looking up room numbers on a computer.
The room that I received calls was small and confining
management was ok. The job was ok
Pros
My manager was nice and very informing
Cons
Confined work space / employees need to watch the way they treat others
Enjoyable place to work
OB/Gyn Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 6, 2015
Culture needs work, but is being addressed. Great admin team.Not much for advancement opportunity, but some. New hospital.

Want to know more about Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Very exiciding place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOAugust 3, 2015
Providing services for two MD's two NP's and 10-13 RN's/LPN's etc...
Answering phones, directing calls to the proper locations, ordering supplies, monitor vitals, run the daily functions of an ER.
Productive workplace
PCT (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff MoMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work is long and tiring, working in acute care can be exhausting. To work at this hospital is taxing but well deserving, i've learned how to take care of many medical problems, how to adjust a telementry, better transfer methods, and medical problems. Management at PBRMC are always willing to listen to any conflicts that one may have and acts upon them to get them resolved. I would say the hardest part about this job is that sometimes it feels like you have too many things going on at once but you always have another team member there to help. They are great about teamwork and giving a helping hand. At PBRMC the most enjoyable thing to me is the connection i get from various patients, i connect with them and talk to them about their history and culture, their kids or grandkids. You never know what you may learn from the patients themselves or the from the hospital settings.
Pros
work 3 days, extra shift bonus, vacation accrued right away
Cons
short lunch breaks, stressful
The most dangerous place for patients I've ever worked.
Healthcare professional (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove RoadMay 13, 2015
If you enjoy eating and goofing off while patients suffer, this is the place for you. There are no rules and people aren't held accountable or even encouraged to provide mediocre care. Pay isn't competitive.
Pros
Nice new building
Cons
Low wages, unprofessionalism, laziness and rudeness were the norm. Most people who work there are illiterate white trash.
Productive and fun workplace with opportunity to grow in any field.
Lead Admitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 3, 2015
General work days are 12 hour shifts depending on department. Insurance benefits are the best that I have seen with rates that are affordable. Pay varies based on job description and experience. There is room for advancement as well as improvement. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to advance in their chosen field.
Pros
Room for advancement!
Cons
Starting pay is low for some positions.
worked at. facility for years more poor management
Certified Nurses Asstance (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 18, 2015
No place for advancement insurance. Has changed higher Co payments doesn't pay as much to even use there. Facility which is a agreement. Over worked And overtime can be demanded without notice. Patient staff ratio is unbelievable. Patient care poor due to this if I was a patient. There I would not stay without family. I would not recommend a good work place very dangerous for you. And your license. Company will not stand behind there staff
Pros
no pros
Cons
poorly staffed
Great Teamwork, good environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJuly 16, 2014
The area I work in has a great team of people. There is very open communication and everyone pitches in to get any task done, whether it is their job or not. I have learned about customer care and service, training large groups of people, RVU and referral analysis, and how to coordinate over 100 people.

The hardest part of the job many times is we are short-staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I work with.
Pros
3 weeks vacation per year
Cons
Insurance went up very high, some benefits were taken away
Community oriented environment, friendly faces everywhere
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 13, 2014
Small community where everyone knows your name! Lots of smiling faces. A great opportunity to make an impact on patients lives!
small hospital with no trauma service and socialable people and staff
Health Management Group- General Surgery NP (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 18, 2013
see pt.'s in office, round on pt.'s in hospital. First assist in surgery. Recently underwent DaVinci training for single and multiport cholecysectomy. Co workers are team work oriented.
Management is money oriented.
most enjoyable part of the job is doing surgery and seeing pt.'s in hospital.
Pros
free lunches, good pto, cme oriented to further education
Cons
limited resources with physicians
over all nice place to learn and work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOSeptember 7, 2012
good work opportunities and nice work place. friendly atmospherics.
Cons
so many benefits taken away, less increments.high insurance premium
Productive, fun, and informative experience
Health Information Technology Externship (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 19, 2012
A typical day consisted of training in one of the many office positions. I was periodically rotated to each position in the office. I learned the domino effect each position has on the next. The co-workers were very friendly and informative. The employees are very close and described themselves as "like a family". I am very impressed with the management and their ability to advise, communicate, and motivate everyone in the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly, yet busy, atmosphere.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location