Popular Community Bank

Popular Community Bank Employer Reviews

Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2014
Negotiate settlements and loan modifications on charged-off loans
Great Company to work or.
VP/Commercial Relationship Officer (Current Employee), Rosemont IllinoisNovember 10, 2014
Business Development
Loan origination
Loan review
I love helping clients find a solution to their lending needs.
The hardest part is to decline a loan.
Company that offer room for growth
Consumer Loans Underwriter/Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good trainings
Popular Community is a great company to work for. They offer many opportunities to grow within the company. It is very family oriented and flexible with employees.
Productive workplace
Loan Processor (Current Employee), Orlando,October 17, 2014
Positive energy amongst coworkers. Opportunity for advancement for your career. I have grown in my professional life because of working for Popular Community Bank.
Good company to work for
Quality Assurance/Auditing Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2014
Good company to work for, great coworkers and management is very nice.
It's a family oriented workplace
Sales Service Banker and Licensed Banker (LBE) (Current Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: short commute
It is a great place to work, It's a multicultural company. Opportunity to grow and learn.
jobs great
Cash Management/ACH Representative (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 5, 2014
Good people. But not a lot of career advancement.The company is closing,
Great Place to work
Bank Manager (Current Employee), AnaheimSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great products
Cons: bank is getting sold
Great place to work. Great supportive management team. I've been there a few years and it's one of the best places I've worked so far.
A personal bank with focus on community needs.
Administrative Assistant/ Loan Processor (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: two paid community volunteering days per year.
Overall I enjoyed the eight years spent working at Banco with some really good people.
Great Place To Work
HEAD TELLER (Former Employee), Miami LakesAugust 30, 2014
Pros: uniforms, benefits, close to home
Cons: longer work day
I was a Head Teller with Popular Bank. A typical day at work would start with ordering cash for the work day. Making sure all the tellers had enough supply to take care of the work load. I was also responsible for shipping to iron mountain all the retention documentation. Over see any overrides and questions the tellers had with any transaction in order – more... to prevent losses . Training and roll play so the tellers would be able to listen for possible sales opportunities. I would also open a teller window and take care of more complex transaction as well as business clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was training and roll playing with the tellers and see us meeting our Goals. Hardest part of my job multi task since we are a small branch of 5 staff member including all leaders we had to be able to help the client with teller and new account and also overrides with the tellers. Co workers and management were great... – less
Good small local Chicago bank
Commercial Credit Analyst/ Portfolio Specialist (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 7, 2014
Corus Bank which is now MB Financials was a good bank to work for. I started with Corus while I was in high school. I worked part time and they were always willing to give me extra hours when needed. They were very flexible.
great
Bank Teller/ATM Custodian (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
: Fluent in Spanish. Strong numerical and problem solving ability. Keen analytical, verbal and written communications skills. Excellent time management skills and service attitude. Knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power Point.
Great work family
UNDERWRITER/LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2014
Very family- like environment, where co- workers care. Very flexible schedules and managers tend to work with you to make sure you have a good work/life balance. Workload is sometimes unsteady, either very busy or very slow.
Great bank for beginning bankers.
Licensed Banker (Current Employee), Commerce, C.A.June 15, 2014
The bank is a great place to work and the pay is decent. They recognize hard work with employee recognition and are very involved in the community. If you're new to banking, this is the perfect place to start. If you're looking for growth opportunity, you'll have to wait in line. Even if you exceed goal, there's still a line.
Good Company to Work For
Technology Assistance Center Technician (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILJune 2, 2014
Popular has given me the opportunity to handle all sorts of issues and how to fix them on my own with very little guidance. This is a great place to work for moderately experienced employees looking for room to learn on there own.
Most horrible experience
Anonymous (Former Employee), New YorkMay 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
Very disorganized, toxic atmosphere. You have to fit in the puzzle to be accepted
Complete my task in a timely manner.
Loan Operations Rep (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILApril 30, 2014
My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving problems.
Employer facing some challenges
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 26, 2014
Pros: decent vacation hours, friendly co-workers
Cons: poorly managed, no growth
Decent vacation hours, friendly co-workers

Poorly managed, no growth
good company bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2014
good company , bad management , bad pay overworked , good people as in the coworker very little opportunity for advancement.
allot of work, not enough
Teller Banking Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: its a professional environment that helps you develop necessary skills, to preform accurately, and officiant, great for developing professional skills and experience
Cons: poor income for the amount of work your expected to preform.
its a bitter sweet experience, that's how i would summarize it, there are allot of great and beautiful people in this company, as well as not so beautiful, but over all it was a growing experience for me till i acknowledged that my income was simply not enough ,so i guess if you need experience and not so much the money than go for it.The work environment – more... is good and pleasant on most days and of course you have good and bad customers but that's just reality when it comes to people.Work is challenging and you can bet to learn something new every day how ever it doesn't mean it will be relevant two weeks from now, the company is still in process of expansion and growth so policies change from time to time which leads to angry frustrated costumers hew discharge there explosive anger and feelings of dislike towered hum they consider responsible,tellers are usually the main victims because hey are the first personals that deal with the customers up front and the very last to be informed regarding any detailed if any relevant to toughs types of changes.My conclusion- there are pros and cons to ever thing like light and contrast its everywhere that's just the bottom line,it an inescapable truth you have to weigh the good and the bad and for me the money was just not good enough to consider staying. – less

About Popular Community Bank