Popular Employee Reviews

Excellent job
Business Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PROctober 4, 2017
I have worked 10 years by now. Love my job duties, love to help others. But current conditions are changing because of an hurracaine. I do not feel secure anymore.

We have a good communication between boss, co-workers and customers. We were moving to be more technological and metrical, I think it brings more control.

We have policy and procedures to follow.

I used to love my job! Love to be helpful.
Pros
Excellent benefits like healthcare insurance, vacations and paid time off.
Cons
Our country is struggling with devastation, causing a negative impact on economy.
Positive work environment
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 25, 2017
Working at Banco Popular is the best experience to acquire fast pace skills, customer service experience with a vast variety of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with so many different people that put their trust in the company.
Great institution with lots of traditional bankers
Vice President - Credit Risk Management (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR and Dominican RepublicSeptember 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at BPPR, very prestigious bank. Typical day was busy with audits, budgetary control and reporting. Co-workers were generally terrific. Hard part was delivering bad ratings on our audits to lending departments we audited. great part was preserving bank credit quality. This is the largest hispanic bank in the Us and also in Puerto Rico. A leader in technology and innovation.
Pros
Great benefits, pension plan, profit sharing, etc
Cons
Pyramid advancement, only lateral opportunities
A typical day at work
IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 22, 2016
A typical day of work would be to clock in at 8 AM AST. Salute every person that is present at the office, say hello to others as day elapses. Grab breakfast around 9 AM AST with my peer co-workers. Keep working, held meetings and/or consult or get consulted regards audit topics and general matters. Lunch by 12 PM AST, I rotate with who I grab, depending on which building I'm assigned; head back by 1 PM AST. Supposedly to clock out by 5 PM AST, I usually stay longer so I can meet with the budget and due dates requirements by management.
Pros
Exempt employee (flexible schedule)
great company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 19, 2016
I've in Popular for 11 years in a excelent environment. It is a great Institution with great benefits but low payments. I have great coworkers, but no a fair management. They prefere outside sources and pay them more than their employees that knows the information abd can do the work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low payments
Excellent company with great family values
Administrative Professional for Payment Dept (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 27, 2015
My favorite part while working here were my co-workers and the management. My supervisors were very approachable supportive. Not only a great place to begin any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career. Great benefits, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great!
Pros
Excellent Benefits: healthcare, dental, 401k, etc.
Interesting Working environment
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 27, 2015
Not the best atmosphere to work in but it gave good insight to the worked of Marketing and sales. Training could have been more of a focal point
Pros
excellent co-worker engagement
Cons
Sales goals did not make a stable work environment
Upon request
Public Affairs Officer (Current Employee) –  San JuanDecember 18, 2013
Upon request. Over 6,000 co-workers. Excelent company to work for
Can learn a lot from this job and advance in skills.
Strength of Material Researcher II (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2013
A good starter and learning experience to a career in engineering, mechanics, statistics and research.
Pros
hours of choosing
Cons
stressful deadlines
Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 31, 2013
Great place to work.
Adequate training.
Experience in structuring new commercial loans.