Population Council Employee Reviews in United States

Very supportive
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Learned a lot about the international non-profits. Improved my research skills. The team at Office Services was very helpful in creating a team environment which was supportive and I was able to thrive in my role in such a short period of time.
Love working there
Grants International Accountant- Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2014
I liked working there, nice management, I learned more about donors.
Intellectual place to work
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
The demands that are put on you by upper management are sometimes not fair and you are not compensated by demands put on you
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Like working for all these Company
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
All company was a great experience working for. With different software and industries it was my pleasure working with every one.
When excellence is possible good is not enough,
1) Currently working as Office Attendant (Current Employee) –  PakistanNovember 15, 2013
Seeking a challenging carrier opportunity where I can utilize my skills to make a significant contribution,enhanced and compliment my existing skills to excel in my endeavors.
Pros
free lunch and free accommodation free visa
Sharing results, advancing knowledge, highlighting innovation
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10015February 1, 2013
The Population Council produces series and briefs that present data on the situation of adolescent girls and boys and young women and provide background on Council research and programs on youth/transitions to adulthood.

In addition to program briefs and OR summaries, the Council's recently completed FRONTIERS program has produced a series of documents that synthesize the results from ten years of operations research and lessons learned into eight major legacy themes.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
micro management
Its ok
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addis AbabaDecember 12, 2012
Its ok , I dont have much more to say. The review shouldn't be required it should be voluntary.
Leading work on adolescent girl programming and advocacy
Adolescent Girl Program Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
The Population Council has thought leaders in the field of adolescent girls, gender, health and other themes touching on women's agency and wellbeing across the life span. Working there is a true learning and networking opportunity.

The bulk of my work there consisted of organizing and leading capacity building workshops for program staff in organizations in Francophone West Africa and in Haiti.

The most interesting part of the work is the opportunity to create, brainstorm and adapt new programs to the specific context and realities on the ground, while always taking girls' needs into account.

What is most difficult is getting implementing partners to match activities to girls' needs. There usually is a disconnect there.
Pros
working with great minds in different countries and on different interconnected themes, with access to relevant data.
Cons
limited funding still on adolescent girl programs