Population Services International

Population Services International Employee Reviews

Medical Supervisor (Former Employee), Santo domingo, Domincan RepublicJuly 22, 2015
My work at PSI was very exciting. Every day had its own challenges. A good learning environment where you can also put in exercise what you have had learned from your professional career. It is characterized for good teamwork among all project managers, who support organizational goals. The most rewarding part was the privilege to help people from all around the country, sharing with them all we got to offer.
High pressure work environment. Everyday brings something new on the table.
Internal Auditor / Risk Officer (Current Employee), Harare Emerald HillMay 7, 2015
Pros: Friday early breaks
Cons: No educational assistance
My day start early i would say i am more of a morning person and i come in early, everyday there is always something new and the pressure is high.
My department is one in which there is no standard of a typical day's work there is always something new on the table.
Management is more of a closed group there isn't much to say on this group.
A lot of excel and report writing, the frustrating part of my work is working without adequate information and instructions or plans the most enjoyable is traveling and working with departmental heads and their subordinates.
Fantastic
Stores Clerk (Current Employee), BlantyreSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: subsidized lunchens
Cons: provided
i have saved Psi to reach its effective goals and minimize some other costs through my perfomances
Productive, fast paced, International work place
Awards Management Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2014
PSI is a great place to work. Being French myself, I really enjoyed the international work environment at the office. I had the ability to use my French, Spanish and English all in one day of work!

I learned a lot about management of a big international non-profit and the challenges of communication between field and HQ as well as doing accounting with people from all over the world and dealing with currency exchange rates. I also was exposed to grants from different governments and learned what each require for set up, management and close out.
Very good environment to learn and master everything on project management.
New Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Ivory CoastJanuary 30, 2014
During my tenure at Population Services International (PSI), I worked closely with a range of development agencies of the United Nations including UNICEF, to write project and grant proposals for review by the Country Representative. As a result, I understand the criteria upon which funders decide to support programs and I have learnt how to improve the quality of grant proposals. I am also experienced in monitoring program budgets, skills that would undoubtedly serve me as well as grant writer.
PSI is the worst
Contracts (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 18, 2013
Cons: everything...
you do not want to work in the DC office. Regional staff and project staff walk on water. Back office staff, accounting, contract, procurement get crapped on daily.. RUN do not walk away from this place... its is really bad. Upper management does not have a clue of what is going on... Human Resources make all kinds of policies and then does not enforce them.
The place is coming apart at the seams
CFO cone (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: benefits are traded off for low salary, zero work life balance, no room for advancement, capricious upper managment.
Recent mass layoffs, huge turnover rate, key senior staff departures, 25% revenue shortfall... Once good company appears to be not long for this world.
Excellent work place with international exposure
IT Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2012
PSI is an excellent company with international exposure which encourages staff to go beyond what we feel is a limitation to ensure that every problem has a solution.
Headquarters