Populus Group Employee Reviews

Populus Group
Contract Proofreader for Anthem (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2017
They manage their accounts well and always pay on time.

They have a good variety of clients and the onboarding process is relatively straightforward and simple.
OK company
Senior Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 21, 2017
I was only with Populus group for a couple months. Seemed to be the typical contracting company with slightly lower pay and benefits than my previous company. Communication is spotty at best but when contacted directly, they seem willing to quickly respond/resolve the questions or issues. I had no real insite to the management style etc.
Pros
Not onsite
Cons
Not onsite. Health Care options not to good and a little above avg.cost. Communication needs work
Not able to handle immigration
IT Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 8, 2017
Not able to handle immigration and not able to market the people. they take lot of time to submit the time and did not provide right documentation. unable to reach when needed.
Friendly and concerned.
GM (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 2, 2017
Staff very concern and helpful. Always quickly willing to help. Personal contact by phone or in person. No jumping through computer or phone hoops to get some one to talk to.
Hired, then never heard from them
Resource Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 31, 2017
They are a no show contractor agency. They never get back to you and have poor communications. I got an inquiry from cross group team on if I knew anyone to contract for a new position. I sent the position and a perfect fit over to company and they never even responded.
Work at home position through Populus which ended me at Anthem-NGS
Senior Medicare Auditor-Contracted employee (Former Employee) –  worked from homOctober 26, 2017
Populus is the placement company that paid me while I did contract work for National Government Services, company under Anthem
WOrking at home was a terrific opportunity and the flexibility in hours working from home is another benefit.
Anthem-National government Services provided the computer equipment necessary to work remotely.
Good Enviroment
Logistics Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Was a great job for a contract worker, reasonable and very flexible with schedules. Management and co workers are very welcoming and have great team support
Excellent company to work for
Lead Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Microsoft Licensing group in Reno NevadaSeptember 11, 2017
Company was always assuring that I had the tools that I needed to perform my job correctly and timely. They had flexible work schedules to assure that project were completed
good temporary company
HEDIS Collector/Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 30, 2017
Good company to work for. I would recommend. work was reasonable. training could have been more in depth workplace culture was very relaxed Management was very knowledgeable
Good staffing company
Change Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 13, 2017
Worked with Populus Group for a few years and they were very professional, although the compensation was a bit on the lower end. They did file a work permit visa and an immigration visa for me.
Pros
Very professional
productive comfortable environment
Recruitment Coordinator/Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 24, 2017
I worked for Populus as an Agency employee at a Caterpillar facility. The dept I worked at had a very friendly, helpful environment. Strong values that believed in work life balance.

As a Recruiting Coordinator it was my job to work closely with Recruiters to may contact with applicants to coordinate the entire interview process including checking eligibility for hire, drug screens, travel, hotel accommodations, data entry hire etc.
Pros
Great people, great environment, build skills
Cons
job insecurity (high layoffs)
Supplier Quality
Supplier Development/Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meritor in Troy MI.February 18, 2017
Professional place to work in a contract position. I was able to be placed in different areas. I was given feedback from my Populus manager after she talked to the company manager that I was assigned to.
Pros
Professional staff.
Cons
Contract position.
resourcing agency
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 31, 2017
This was a placement agency. They are easy to work with and pay competitively. They offer insurance and sick time as well. I would work for them again.
Satisfactory
Global eSAP VTAM Lead / SAP Support (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 4, 2016
Work responsibilities continued to increase; staff was slow in adjusting compensation accordingly and communication is not always as prompt/transparent as it should be.
Great Company, offers great benefits and wonderful temporary assignments.
Health Program Representative I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2016
I worked from home, 40 hours per week and overtime when it was needed. Stayed busy all of the time, learning the health care system. Sorted charts, and handled confidential information on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was having to work independently, but that soon became easy. The most enjoyable part was the learning of the health care system and all the responsibilities that I will be able to use in the future.
Pros
Pay
Cons
temporary positions
Productive and nice work place
Hedis Service Associate II/Anthem (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 11, 2016
A very different and loving experience. Learn to work with and without others; enjoyed the atmosphere, people, and able to express myself...I learned to achieve my goals and determined what would be best for me in the near future. A great place to work and offer a lot of opportunities to move up in the company.
Best maintenance supervisor job I ever had
Maintenance Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 7, 2016
The work atmosphere is very goo. This is a great work environment. I have a great work force and the management thinks that I do a great job getting work completed in a timely basis.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
The distance that I drive to work-(75 miles one way)
CPA firm expect the usual
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 19, 2016
At a cpa firm long hours should be expected. You will be randomly performing audit or/and tax responsibilities. Office is small with a tight knit group of managers. Co-workers were great.
It was a cordial, professional & decent experience.
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2015
I arrived at the company I was assigned to by the service. I received my working instructions regarding preventive maintenance, projects or responding ot maintenance calls to equipment on the production floor.
I increased my knowledge of how to use a Bridgeport vertical end mill machine. I learned about how to repair hot glue pumps specific to the manufacturing/production process. I continued training & using a vertical man lift.
My supervisor was very friendly, direct & clear about his expectations of my duties & the duties of my co-workers. Other departments in the facility were respectful & undertanding of the chain of command procedures.
My co-workers were friendly, inviting, professional & excellent in instructing me on our duties, so that I would be successful in the execution of my duties. They were great teammates to have.
The hardest part of the job was learning how the computer system work with regards to the programming, programmable logic controllers & how to troubleshoot problems in the system.
The most enjoyable part was engaging in troubleshooting & problem solving so the product was manufactured to quality standards of the customer. The customer is pleased, management is pleased & employees are proud of a job done well.
Populus
Manufacturing Contingent (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 11, 2015
It's a temp agency, very good at finding work. They work under yearly contracts. I had a minimum of one year contract, but they were able to get me hired as a permanent employee.
Pros
FIns employement