Populus Group Employee Reviews

resourcing agency
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 31, 2017
This was a placement agency. They are easy to work with and pay competitively. They offer insurance and sick time as well. I would work for them again.
Satisfactory
Global eSAP VTAM Lead / SAP Support (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 4, 2016
Work responsibilities continued to increase; staff was slow in adjusting compensation accordingly and communication is not always as prompt/transparent as it should be.
Great Company, offers great benefits and wonderful temporary assignments.
Health Program Representative I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2016
I worked from home, 40 hours per week and overtime when it was needed. Stayed busy all of the time, learning the health care system. Sorted charts, and handled confidential information on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was having to work independently, but that soon became easy. The most enjoyable part was the learning of the health care system and all the responsibilities that I will be able to use in the future.
Pros
Pay
Cons
temporary positions
Productive and nice work place
Hedis Service Associate II/Anthem (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 11, 2016
A very different and loving experience. Learn to work with and without others; enjoyed the atmosphere, people, and able to express myself...I learned to achieve my goals and determined what would be best for me in the near future. A great place to work and offer a lot of opportunities to move up in the company.
Best maintenance supervisor job I ever had
Maintenance Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 7, 2016
The work atmosphere is very goo. This is a great work environment. I have a great work force and the management thinks that I do a great job getting work completed in a timely basis.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
The distance that I drive to work-(75 miles one way)
CPA firm expect the usual
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 19, 2016
At a cpa firm long hours should be expected. You will be randomly performing audit or/and tax responsibilities. Office is small with a tight knit group of managers. Co-workers were great.
It was a cordial, professional & decent experience.
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2015
I arrived at the company I was assigned to by the service. I received my working instructions regarding preventive maintenance, projects or responding ot maintenance calls to equipment on the production floor.
I increased my knowledge of how to use a Bridgeport vertical end mill machine. I learned about how to repair hot glue pumps specific to the manufacturing/production process. I continued training & using a vertical man lift.
My supervisor was very friendly, direct & clear about his expectations of my duties & the duties of my co-workers. Other departments in the facility were respectful & undertanding of the chain of command procedures.
My co-workers were friendly, inviting, professional & excellent in instructing me on our duties, so that I would be successful in the execution of my duties. They were great teammates to have.
The hardest part of the job was learning how the computer system work with regards to the programming, programmable logic controllers & how to troubleshoot problems in the system.
The most enjoyable part was engaging in troubleshooting & problem solving so the product was manufactured to quality standards of the customer. The customer is pleased, management is pleased & employees are proud of a job done well.
Populus
Manufacturing Contingent (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 11, 2015
It's a temp agency, very good at finding work. They work under yearly contracts. I had a minimum of one year contract, but they were able to get me hired as a permanent employee.
Pros
FIns employement
Supportive, Encouraging, and Empowering
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 5, 2015
They support you to help you do the best consulting job possible for your client. They are totally partnered with you from before you start your assignment until after you are finished and completed.
Pros
Very supportive and empowering
Cons
No vacation benefits.
Great People
Aftertreatment Calibration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Since this was a contract house, the money was great. The benefits were non-existent and the job was enjoyable. It was a great time.
Fun Place to Work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Love the people I get to work with. Very flat organization based on being candid and honest. I feel like I could call up the president or any of the leadership of the company just to chat or voice my opinion.

Hardest part of the job is organizing and prioritizing. There are a lot of things that need to get done and by very specific deadlines each week.

Not a well known company, but very well known clients like Visa, eBay and Medtronic.
Worked Remotely So..
IT Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Work at home.September 5, 2014
I like that I was able to work remotely, The team seem professional but I did have a lot of issues getting set up in the first place. After the set up no issues except when I was leaving when we had troubles with time sheets.

I love working at home though and that was part of the deal. So minor technical glyches can be overlooked.
Pros
Work at home
Hedis
Temporary Job (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 9, 2014
Contacted provider offices and requested medical records for members. Review of HEDIS measures with office managers and health information management personnel. Knowledge of Verisk Program, Member Medical History Plus and Member Care Workstation.
Contracted Employee - Seasonal
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI/Kern County, CAMay 2, 2014
Great company to work for. This position is temporary, contracted to work during open season for federal employees health benefits.
Pros
Locations/site visits - Kern County & Los Angeles County
Cons
Seasonal - Temporary
Advocate
Professional Advocate (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe NMMarch 3, 2014
I currently help my University, I was required to be hired through the temp agency. Populus is wonderful for the purpose it is serving as of now, I haven't had the opportunity to take advantage of what other work it offers, yet.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Little communication between Populus and I. I have reach out, but have yet to hear from my "connection". I remain optimistic!
Great oppourtunity to learn a new field and expand within my duties.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 10, 2013
Working for a temporary positioin for Visa was very educational as I did learn a lot of new things and in a new field. I was able to train for many different projects and become proficient enough to train other temps that were just hired on. I had many tasks during the day and was multitasking training to do fraud cases and backup for different departments like the Administrative Assistant and bilingual assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was to do different things and be able to be in charge of projects to be completed in time.
Pros
The pay was excellent and the training.
Cons
No healthcare and only temporary.
Good temporary agency
Attorney Editor (Current Employee) –  Home-basedAugust 23, 2013
I am a temporary employee through Populus Group. The onboarding process went smoothly and the representative I work with is very friendly and professional. The only reason I give less than five stars is that this relates to temporary employment rather than permanent employment.
Great place to learn
Onstar Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 28, 2013
The management is good. Very Communicative and great place to learn new things
Good Experience, poor opportunity for success and advancement
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  bellevue WAApril 18, 2013
This company is great for entry level recruiters. there was not an opportunity for advancement and the volume of available quality positions was low. Alot of pressure is put on young recruiters to train new recruiters since attrition is high and there are no senior recruiters in the company.