Porcelanosa Employee Reviews

Nice environment and work experience
Kitchen and Bath Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
I am glad to be part of this family. Job mates are amazing!
Great exposure to events and customers.
Balance environment. Good managers and company.
Beautiful products.
Productive and fun environment
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Productive and fun workplace, great co-workers. You will learn a lot, many products and innovations. You are able to be creative and create good relationships with customer.
Pros
Innovation all the time
Cons
Need more improvement on training
Don't Do It
Architectural Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2015
If you asked the 9 reps they hired and fired in the Chicago showroom in the past 5 years, I am sure they would say don't do it!
Pros
Decent Base Pay
Cons
Profoundly poor management with unrealistic expectations.
Great products
Designer/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 23, 2015
People whom I worked with had become great friends and I love working with clients on designing their kitchens and bathrooms. Outdated systems, lacks of leadership, and training is not up to date. Most of the new sales rep had to figure out on their own pertaining customer issues.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management lacks leadership skills and knowledges.
Salary base
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJSeptember 25, 2014
• Performed accounting analysis and assisted with month end close, payroll, administration and complex accounting tasks
• Produced standard financial reports for budget and cost controls, and maintained general ledger accounts
• Processed expense reports, managed AMEX spending account of company’s managers, and filed multi state obligations
• Being N. 3 in an accounting team of 10, I performed financial analysis on AP/AR, purchases, and factory invoices
• Met all company requirements/deadlines, interacted well with all levels of management, and improved problem solving.
Pros
Base salary
Cons
Base salary
lots of fun working in show room environmet
Outside and Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 4, 2014
company was based in Spain. I learned how to read blue prints. I worked with contractors, helped them design bathrooms and kitchens.

p.s. not able to place as many stars in rating as I would like to
Re-evaluating career path
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2014
A typical day at my previous job: I would have to answer phones, help all sales associates with any request they may have, while answering between 30-60 emails a day. Also helping clients on the showroom floor when sales rep weren't available. I also handled shipments that were being shipped all over the country.
With this job I learned how to connect better with clients, and well under intense amounts of pressure. The hardest part of this job, was just making sure the material reached the customer safely and without any delays. I felt the most joy from this job was hearing about the great experience the clients had with the product and with my assistance. That was most rewarding.
Pros
Networking in Merchandise Mart
Cons
Short lunches
Excitingly high paced and challenging.
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 6, 2013
It was a very interesting place to work. Due to the high pace and even higher pressure, it made my job more interesting and it gave me satisfaction at the end of the day for a job well done.

The products were imported in from the distribution center in Spain. I had to be on alert every minute in order to meet deadlines. I had great control on everything from small drop shipments to direct containers for multimillion dollar construction projects.

The entire importing process is very exciting for me.
Pros
Very good discounts off products.
very fast pace & enjoyable enviroment
Warehouse Mgr (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2013
good co-workers best management team
very fast pace shipping/recieving
Working with Interior designers
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 26, 2013
Typical day would be helping customers with tile selections. I learned how fun it can be to interior decorating

Want to know more about Porcelanosa?

Ask a question
Excelente por los compañeros de los que he disfrutado y aprendido.
Diseño de espacios. (Former Employee) –  dentro del departamento de diseño y marquetingMay 9, 2013
Considero que mi paso por esta empresa fue muy beneficiosa en todos los aspectos adquirí conocimientos, conocí a gente que en todo momento fue agradable. Me encantaba ir y encender mi ordenador dejando volar mi imaginación a la hora de diseñar cocinas, también trabaje bajo presión, pero para mi era un reto, cocinas que tenían que ser diseñadas en cuestión de horas por que el cliente venia adrede a la fabrica y quería volver a su país con el proyecto zanjado.
Pros
Una rutina horaria que... en fin las personas somos de costumbres fijas y eso me gusta.
Cons
no tengo nada en contra.
Nice place to work. Good team spirit in the department
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJApril 26, 2013
I start 9 am & am in the office at least until 6 pm. I over see West Coast & being in different time zone, I have to work extended hours

Management is excellent. This company has branches all over the world. However they still notice & appreciated input of every single person working for the company.

Very co-operative people in the department. However the toughest part is that the parent company is in Spain & all the technical issues get resolved from Spain. Language becomes a barrier for people like me who does not speak Spanish

I love everything about this job. We do not have too much pressure & fortunately everyone in the department does their duly very well & on time
Pros
benifits like 401k, health insurence, bonus, life insurence & flexibility
Cons
my working hours/ language barrier
If you are thinking of working here--don't
Sales (Former Employee) –  Southern CADecember 12, 2012
They do have beautiful tile but they are not the only ones who do. By their attitude you would think they are the only ones to ever come up with the tile designs they have. They are a Spanish based company so getting product is not always easy and ordering products as a sales person is extremely hard since it is all in metrics and spanish. My recommendation is to look else where...it is ALL about your numbers here and they show NO mercy for slow months of low sales. You will be shown the door. The pay stinks too and the demands are high.
Pros
pretty tile
Cons
pretty much everything else
All that glitters is not gold!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2012
Porcelanosa is a great company that specializes in avant-garde design. You will always find something new and exciting in its product line that stimulates the senses. This focus on new and exciting products is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to the internal workings of the company. The company is pretty much a production work horse. Output of new products is its core focus, this leaves little time for product support, and effective managment. While many products look enticing to the eye, they lack quality craftsmenship. This factor, coupled with underperforming managment leads to a corporate climate of utter chaos. Product performance rarely meets customer expectation, managment is mostly absent, and questions / concerns will go unanswered . Remember, thriving at Porcelanosa means simply "sell, sell, sell"! If you are looking for a stepping stone in your career, this could be good for you, just dont expect to stay very long ;-)
Pros
beautiful, unique designs
Cons
low quality products and managment