Port Arthur Independent School District

Port Arthur Independent School District Employee Reviews

Good place for hometown Teachers
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: bad management
Needs a lot of work on management. Great place for benefits.
Professional, mature, committed individual, looking for a career
Substitute Aide, Clerk, and Secretary (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: server, crew leader, asst. manager, aministrative office
Cons: business closed late
Starting off as a server, was fine by me. I made sure to attend to my customers, with most due respect. Also; made sure that my section was very clean, and warm inviting. Within five months; I realized that alot of the guest were requesting me. Noy only my section; huge partys as well. I did it with a smile. Never did I turn anybody down.
Mrs. Macentire, the manager, dicided to make me a crew leader.
I was very proud of myself. Working all the time; within time she , promoted me to asst. manager. My job was to work the floor. I would great all guest, making sure that everthing was running perfectly, for all customers to be satisfied, in charge of servers, scheduling, counting money, closing or opening buisness. I enjoyed those days. I advanced from my work ethics. being a people peson helped out alot.
Working for Port Arthur Independent School District, was also rewarding. Loving people and having them depend on me is a great aspect of my life. I started of washing dishes in the cafreteria. The cafreteria manager realized I was in the wrong work area. She spoke to administration and I was promoted. To think at that time I was just looking for a Monday threw Friday job .I was moved up to Sub. Aide, and Clerk. Worked in buisy offices answering phones, printing, faxing, logging in data, translating,and ruuning all earns. As well worked with the teachers; helping teachers teach students, helping with homework, teaching cleanliness, learning and practicing accommodations, for life skilled children., and being the best role model that I can for each child.
Now I am working on finding my career.
Good District
Teacher (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXMarch 20, 2014
PAISD
I work at Dick Dowling Elementary as an 4th grade Math and Science teacher. I have great principals and admin. team.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Senior Counselor, Building Test Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: preparation for my was my networking with collge representatives, and having grand college nights.
Cons: none i can think of.
I enjoyed this job immensely. As senior counselor and senior college advisor, I was able to help all 500 of my students. The students got many scholarships, able to go to the schools of their choice, and to assist in working the military recruiting officers. I served my students and parents like we were a family. My think was that this was a family affair. The students for that glass generated 500,000 dollars in scholarships, able to attend the colleges of their choice, and many were recruited for the military. Many of the students went to ivy league colleges and four year public colleges, as well as four year private colleges.
I enjoy working with people and students.
Teacher-s Aide (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: off on weekends and holidays
Cons: rather not say
Typical day at work is going in at 6:45 every morning receiving the children off the bus. Feeding and taking them to class.
Great place to make a difference in a child's life
Science Teacher (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 3, 2012
The most enjoyable part of working in this district is being able to touch the lives of so many young people. It is truly a gift to be able
Great place to get started.
Analyst /Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TxJuly 10, 2012
Working for PAISD is never boring. It's definitely hard working, non stop.
drive students safely to and from school
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJune 11, 2012
transfer students safely to and from school, keep school bus clean and check fluids
Port Arthur ISD- A school district on the rise!
Teacher (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TexasMay 20, 2012
Pros: teacher involvement
Cons: administrative staff involvement with teachers
Memorial High School in the Port Arthur Independent School District has proven that the old rumors of Port Arthur's decline is not true. I have been a teacher at MHS for the past 4 years and have seen vast improvements in education, extra curricular events, technology, and staff development. Teachers are working hard and working together to continue to increase the student achievement on the state required tests and all of the extra curricular sponsors are putting in many extra hours to prepare students to compete on a higher level in all UIL events. From day to day, teachers face diverse situations with incoming students' behavior and environmental issues. But, with an understanding and a prepared heart and mind, I along with other staff members use several motivational techniques to de-esculate troubled behavior and manuver their thoughts into a positive learning environment. Which in part gives me and our staff a sense of pride and faith that our students can achieve goals that we have set as a team and as an individual. To see one child feel the sense of personal achievement is a great feeling.
very great place tow work
Substitute Teacher (K-12), 08/09 to 10/10 (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXApril 17, 2012
the administration cares about employess they make sure that all your needs as well as the students needs are taking care of daily.
Fun and life changing experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TxFebruary 29, 2012
I enjoy this job because i really enjoy working with the children and spreading knowledge to the children. However, the distance to commute to work is sometimes overbearing and I've had too many issues with payroll and personnel.