Port Arthur Independent School District Employee Reviews in United States

A stimulating environment with advancement opportunities.
Superintendent of Schools (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 10, 2016
The school district has a history of excellence. Recently there has been a shift in community demographics that has required the district to adjust. I retired in Texas to move to Louisiana to earn an additional retirement income.
Pros
A history of excellence
Cons
changing demographics.
Fun and productive work environment
Summer Textbook Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 22, 2016
Throughout the day I did inventory, answered phone calls, filled truck orders, and also packing and shipping. My co-workers were other fellow students who I worked with throughout periodically. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to bond with the other students.
Productive and Fun Workplace-Human Resources
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Port Arthur ISD is very well managed as a whole. The Human Resources Department, with which I work in, is so great. I have learned so much in HR, from budget to time keeping.
Teaching
Science Tutor / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 20, 2015
• Prepared students for the annual Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test in science by teaching students the basic concepts of Physics and Chemistry.
• Conducted one-on-one and small group tutoring sessions to emphasize science concepts according to state requirements.
• Effectively utilized classroom management techniques to form study groups and teams.
• Created an atmosphere of mutual trust and support.
• Worked and communicated effectively with students of all skill levels, professional staff, faculty and administrators.
Pros
pay was ok
Good place for hometown Teachers
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXNovember 22, 2014
Needs a lot of work on management. Great place for benefits.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
bad management
Professional, mature, committed individual, looking for a career
Substitute Aide, Clerk, and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 6, 2014
Starting off as a server, was fine by me. I made sure to attend to my customers, with most due respect. Also; made sure that my section was very clean, and warm inviting. Within five months; I realized that alot of the guest were requesting me. Noy only my section; huge partys as well. I did it with a smile. Never did I turn anybody down.
Mrs. Macentire, the manager, dicided to make me a crew leader.
I was very proud of myself. Working all the time; within time she , promoted me to asst. manager. My job was to work the floor. I would great all guest, making sure that everthing was running perfectly, for all customers to be satisfied, in charge of servers, scheduling, counting money, closing or opening buisness. I enjoyed those days. I advanced from my work ethics. being a people peson helped out alot.
Working for Port Arthur Independent School District, was also rewarding. Loving people and having them depend on me is a great aspect of my life. I started of washing dishes in the cafreteria. The cafreteria manager realized I was in the wrong work area. She spoke to administration and I was promoted. To think at that time I was just looking for a Monday threw Friday job .I was moved up to Sub. Aide, and Clerk. Worked in buisy offices answering phones, printing, faxing, logging in data, translating,and ruuning all earns. As well worked with the teachers; helping teachers teach students, helping with homework, teaching cleanliness, learning and practicing accommodations, for life skilled children., and being the best role model that I can for each child.
Now I am working on finding
  more... my career.  less
Pros
server, crew leader, asst. manager, aministrative office
Cons
business closed late
Good District
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 20, 2014
PAISD
I work at Dick Dowling Elementary as an 4th grade Math and Science teacher. I have great principals and admin. team.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Senior Counselor, Building Test Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 28, 2013
I enjoyed this job immensely. As senior counselor and senior college advisor, I was able to help all 500 of my students. The students got many scholarships, able to go to the schools of their choice, and to assist in working the military recruiting officers. I served my students and parents like we were a family. My think was that this was a family affair. The students for that glass generated 500,000 dollars in scholarships, able to attend the colleges of their choice, and many were recruited for the military. Many of the students went to ivy league colleges and four year public colleges, as well as four year private colleges.
Pros
preparation for my was my networking with collge representatives, and having grand college nights.
Cons
none i can think of.
I enjoy working with people and students.
Teacher-s Aide (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 15, 2013
Typical day at work is going in at 6:45 every morning receiving the children off the bus. Feeding and taking them to class.
Pros
off on weekends and holidays
Cons
rather not say
Great place to make a difference in a child's life
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 3, 2012
The most enjoyable part of working in this district is being able to touch the lives of so many young people. It is truly a gift to be able
Great place to get started.
Analyst /Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TxJuly 10, 2012
Working for PAISD is never boring. It's definitely hard working, non stop.
drive students safely to and from school
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 11, 2012
transfer students safely to and from school, keep school bus clean and check fluids
Port Arthur ISD- A school district on the rise!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TexasMay 20, 2012
Memorial High School in the Port Arthur Independent School District has proven that the old rumors of Port Arthur's decline is not true. I have been a teacher at MHS for the past 4 years and have seen vast improvements in education, extra curricular events, technology, and staff development. Teachers are working hard and working together to continue to increase the student achievement on the state required tests and all of the extra curricular sponsors are putting in many extra hours to prepare students to compete on a higher level in all UIL events. From day to day, teachers face diverse situations with incoming students' behavior and environmental issues. But, with an understanding and a prepared heart and mind, I along with other staff members use several motivational techniques to de-esculate troubled behavior and manuver their thoughts into a positive learning environment. Which in part gives me and our staff a sense of pride and faith that our students can achieve goals that we have set as a team and as an individual. To see one child feel the sense of personal achievement is a great feeling.
Pros
teacher involvement
Cons
administrative staff involvement with teachers
very great place tow work
Substitute Teacher (K-12), 08/09 to 10/10 (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 17, 2012
the administration cares about employess they make sure that all your needs as well as the students needs are taking care of daily.
Fun and life changing experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TxFebruary 29, 2012
I enjoy this job because i really enjoy working with the children and spreading knowledge to the children. However, the distance to commute to work is sometimes overbearing and I've had too many issues with payroll and personnel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Port Arthur Independent School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Port Arthur Independent School District Reviews by Location