Port Authority of NY & NJ

Port Authority of NY & NJ Employer Reviews

The Port Authority
System Integration Supervisor/Sr. Engineer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 10, 2014
Pros: excellent health benefits
Cons: non competitive salaries
Fantastic place to work, in process of change, company catching up to technology needs, few constraints on monetary financials as its subsidized.
co-workers are great, each team member has different skill levels to add to team overall performance.
government work is a bit more challenging as it ultimately serves the public
the hardest part of the job is the netting timelines with a huge amount of constraints sometimes even without funding for the process
the most enjoyable part of the job is going home and knowing that your contribution makes other peoples life better.
ok
Grill Cook (Temp) (Former Employee), Weehawken, NJApril 6, 2014
Pros: steady work shift, and steady days off, worked without supervsion for 6 hrs of my 7.35 hrs.
Cons: no benefits, no raise, and no opportunity for permanent for 3 years.
Worked here for 3 years with no benefits, and no opportunity to grow and or become permanent.
Loved the atmosphere and the people. Also the view of the city was really neat
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, job experiences and location
Cons: no insight on future employment from company
A typical day at my internship was just like a regular day working at any job. I was there from 9-5 and had my own desk to work from. My co-workers were always there to help me out or show me around the building as needed and my tasks varied to reading emails to presenting a presentation. The hardest part of my job was the commute and the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and the various restaurants that you can visit at lunch.
PM
Project (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 18, 2013
Moderate place to work for. Most employees are looking to retire, need to change culture.
Love this Place
Personal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: people, hours, benefits
Great people to work for Great benefits, I would still be there is so many bad things didn't happen in the NYC
Job Security and Advancement
Business Development Analysis (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2012
Great work environment a lot of support in staff. A lot of room for growth and better opportunity.