Port Authority of NY & NJ Employee Reviews

Lots of room for growth
Revenue Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
Check all time sheets, make necessary corrections, enter into system, confer with supervisor for the day, respond to all emails, phone calls, correspondence.
Walk empty offices to ensure that they are rent ready, alert maintenance of any repairs needed, meet with potential tenants, schedule payment agreements and prepare leases, daily reports, conference calls, vendor contact. My most enjoyable part was being promoted to an area where I had to deal with the public, this afford me to meet people fro all walks of life from those struggling to the financially riches people in the world, total blessing.
The hardest was being able to secure a signed contract, sometime took months to come into agreement.
Pros
awesome breakfast and luch time with co workers
Cons
No cons
low employee morale, mediocre pay
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  jfk airportJune 16, 2016
maintenance employees are over 11 years without a raise and non represented (office) employees are paying almost 10k per year for medical insurance.
seems like the company in is a stage of lowering pay/benefits for employees.
most employees i speak with who are not close to retirement are in the process of looking for another job.
i would not look here if you want a long term career.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
company is looking to cut employee wages/benefits
Greate Workl/Life Balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 30, 2015
I have been with this agency for 3 years and I have mix feelings about it.

Pros: Great work/life balance. co-workers.Good benefits, if you are comparing to other companies.

Cons: Salary - They pay way under market rate.
The Port Authority
System Integration Supervisor/Sr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 10, 2014
Fantastic place to work, in process of change, company catching up to technology needs, few constraints on monetary financials as its subsidized.
co-workers are great, each team member has different skill levels to add to team overall performance.
government work is a bit more challenging as it ultimately serves the public
the hardest part of the job is the netting timelines with a huge amount of constraints sometimes even without funding for the process
the most enjoyable part of the job is going home and knowing that your contribution makes other peoples life better.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
non competitive salaries
ok
Grill Cook (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJApril 6, 2014
Worked here for 3 years with no benefits, and no opportunity to grow and or become permanent.
Pros
steady work shift, and steady days off, worked without supervsion for 6 hrs of my 7.35 hrs.
Cons
no benefits, no raise, and no opportunity for permanent for 3 years.
Pm
Project (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 18, 2013
Moderate place to work for. Most employees are looking to retire, need to change culture.
Loved the atmosphere and the people. Also the view of the city was really neat
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at my internship was just like a regular day working at any job. I was there from 9-5 and had my own desk to work from. My co-workers were always there to help me out or show me around the building as needed and my tasks varied to reading emails to presenting a presentation. The hardest part of my job was the commute and the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and the various restaurants that you can visit at lunch.
Pros
atmosphere, job experiences and location
Cons
no insight on future employment from company
Love this Place
Personal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2013
Great people to work for Great benefits, I would still be there is so many bad things didn't happen in the NYC
Pros
people, hours, benefits
Internship
Customer Service Rep. Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I interned at PANYNJ for about a year during my senior year of high school and boy let me tell you. It prepared me for life as a customer service rep/agent at an early age. I think all jobs have a customer service aspect and PANYNJ would have all kinds of customers, from happy to angry, appreciate to unsatisfied. I wonder if they are hiring? I'd love to work for them as a full timer.
Job Security and Advancement
Business Development Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2012
Great work environment a lot of support in staff. A lot of room for growth and better opportunity.

2.9