Port Authority

Port Authority Employee Reviews

it was an ok job experience
Internship (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2015
Pros: Long break
Cons: summer job
Even though it was alright, the company could use a little help. Nobody was there after a certain time. The place is dead.
It was a learning experience,
Engineer (Former Employee), Queens NYApril 7, 2015
It was a great learning experience, I has some great co-worker. It was a team environment that work well together. I learn the operation of heavy equipment and the principle of snow removal.
Small Government
Finance & Operations (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2015
As a political subdivision of the State of Missouri and chartered by the City of Kansas City, Missouri the Port Authority's mission is to create economic development within the city boundaries.
have its ups and downs like any work place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 11, 2014
a typical day at work would be a slow day then the pace picks up with passengers gradually asking questions.
what i learned is pretty much every thing about the airport
management like most job abuse their power and have their own little favoritism
some of the co-workers are very conceited and bipolar
the hardest part of the job not getting any over time
the most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people, getting over time, learning new things about the airport, having conversations with resourceful supervisors
positive enviroment and very professional
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), John F. Kennedy AirportAugust 8, 2013
Pros: open communication
Cons: the influence of team players in a family enviroment.
Arrive early and dress up for the day, depending on work order an/or weather conditions defines the day. A typical day can consist of driving a garbage truck ,sweeper, or ROV on the ramp side depending on priority. Every three months derubberizing is a priority which is done at night, over a 12 hour period. I also drive a beam truck in the hangers which is a scruber. Other days ROV on the ramp side. – more... What I've learned is how to work on the ramp side using heavy equipment for ex. multifunction equipment and pay-loaders and the importance of time management. There is a chain of command in which I follow to minimize mistakes. My co-workers and I are a team. The hardest part of the job is working with someone who is lazy. The most enjoyable part of the job is being trained on new equipment and excelling. – less
Great job loved working there
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good job, good pay, great benefits
Nothing to say bad about this company great place to work for
An organization with high productivity and professonalism.
Senior Cost Estimating Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2013
Pros: pension system is in place and well managed. medical care insurance has been top rated, yet becomes more expensive.
Cons: the benefit is being reduced per economic downturn.
The Engineering Department of Port Authority is the most professional organization I have worked for. It serves public interested with conviction and proven records.
A day at work!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: my work i.d. is my bus pass. so i don't have to pay for the bus!
Cons: we are government funded; so every year or 2 there are layoffs.
My typical day at work, I pay bills all day. There are some breaks or down times when everybody socializes. I'm going to school for Accounting, so I have learned a lot on my job about the cost to run a company. For the most part I like all of my co-workers. I can work with anybody. I don't think there's a real hard part to my job. If you show me once or twice, I can do it. I'm a fast learner. The most enjoyable part of my job is my supervisor. She's a great team player and trainer!
worked for them for quite a while, great employees, well organized
Industrial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 28, 2012
great place to work, great benefits. really liked my job.well organized, great benefits. good pay.