Port Huron Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 30, 2016
I volunteered at port huron hospital, and waited for different floors to call the phone they gave me, and then i would go to that floor and get a patient and take them to the front door with a wheelchair..
Pros
Free lunch vouchers
Cons
the vouchers were only 3.50$
The best
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 5, 2016
just a volunteer job but everything was great people and environment was a wonderful experience for me. I would recommend volunteering here'
Rn
Registered Nurse-Traveler (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIAugust 28, 2015
Conscientious, integrity driven Registered Nurse with a strong clinical background in an acute care setting, providing attentive care to patients with health challenges and medical emergencies. I possess a proven ability to work under pressure in fast-pacedemergency rooms, dedicated to ensure stabilization and successful patient outcomes to diverse patient populations. I am skilled in maintaining proper lines of communication to the health care team, patients and families for the delivery of safe effective patient care.
Pros
great staff support
Cons
no lunch breaks
provided great educational and learning experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 4, 2015
I learned more in nursing here than in all of my other nursing experiences combined. I grew as a person and as a Nurse here. I had a great charge nurse and floor manager.
Pros
constant availability for work, support from management
Cons
low staffing numbers when I left
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 19, 2015
You were on your own for most of the day, basically in an office with little contact with patients, unless on the phone. Once in a while I was needed to do an injection of a medication or to help take someone to the hospital for an impatient stay.
Registration - Emergency Department
PAA II (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 13, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my first year of employment with PHH as an Emergency Department Registration Rep, I learned a lot and felt respected by the entire team. There were some changes made to the process of registration during my second year of employment instead of registering patients primarily in the triage area we went into each patient room to register them. This was not always an ideal situation as some people were intoxicated/under the influence of narcotics and could be unpredictable in so far as the safety of the registrar. That aside I did still enjoy mutual respect from my ED co-workers. I also had support from a very caring manager.
Pros
good co-workers, flexible scheduling options
Cons
interactions with patients/patient families without support of other co-workers.
Hospital Receptionist
Hospital Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port HuronSeptember 2, 2014
Answer all phone calls. Transfer phone calls to Dr. or to a patients room. Answered any questions that a patient might have concerning a doctor schedule or offering a website to better educate the patient or loved ones.
Pros
meet a lot of versitile of people
Cons
many sick patients that look ill
good job
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 11, 2014
it was a great place to work. the only problem was the ever changing mamagement and the patient load on the floors for nurse aids. having a even flow of management in and out made the job hard to do accuratly and to the new managements standards.
Pros
great benefits, 3 day a week 12 hr shifts
Cons
patient load and responsibilities
Had fun working at Port Huon Hospital liked most of the people that worked in my departement
Customer Service/Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 4, 2014
It was great working at the hospital. I felt that if you supervisor did like you the found a way to get rid of you. That their was like a "pet" and those people could make mistake after mistake and are still there. I learned a lot in my 16 year that I was there. I enjoyed working with most of my co-works we all worked as one and most days went smoothly.(I know everyone don't get along), I found that someone made a mistake over and over again and would say they never did or do that it hard to work with some one like that. Some days were busier then others but I like that the fast pace most days.
Pros
got free lunches some time thur out the year
Cons
some people took more breaks then they should have would take one with out telling others.
At least I had a job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 21, 2014
The orientation process for new nurses is unorganized and has a sink or swim approach. I regretted that I did not hold out for a stronger health system for my first year of RN experience. I think I would have been better supported at Beaumont or Henry Ford. Hospital is not a teaching hospital and is behind in many aspects of practice. There are better hospitals to work at, but it's a job if you need one.
Pros
good food
Cons
poor staffing ratio and support
Phh
Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Huron MIFebruary 11, 2014
Monitoring surveillance cameras and preforming quarterly safety checks, Evaluating and assessing mental health statuses and clinical changes in patients, Coaching and precepting new staff , Assessing Patient needs, Evaluating and documenting Mental Health status/changes, Assessing Vital Signs, Facilitating group therapy and assessing behavior/medical changes during discussions, Assisting Doctors in therapy sessions with patients, Facilitating and encouraging ADL’s of patients, Providing comfort and care as needed.
Not some where I would work again
Registered Nurse (Critical Care) (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 6, 2014
My manager did not listen to what you had to say, and was very bias. Some co-workers were very helpful while others brought your spirit down.
Loved the job and people I worked with.
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Loved the job, the hours, the pay was good. I was basically my own boss. Was very productive and did my job well. I chose to quit to stay home with my kids.
No nonsense but personally rewarding
Cardiac Selective Care RN (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Everyone there is pretty nice and they all work as a team to help get things completed. Management is really nice and understanding if you are upfront and open with them. This is a hard floor and definitely needs you to be on your A game. They have a wonderful orientation period with terrific educators who are always there when you need them to answer questions or just be an ear to listen.
Pros
great pay and excellent benefits
Cons
nurse to patient ratio
Small town atmosphere with big city advantages
RN (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 30, 2014
great place to work. people are friendly and have positive attitudes
Pros
beautiful town, close to the water
Cons
can not think of any
Professional atmosphere, efficient and friendly
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Port Huron hospital lost the contract for nursing services at the St. Clair County Intervention Center or I would still be working for them in a casual position.
Pros
good pay, close to home, nice working conditions
Cons
no benefits, worked alone
Good Work Environment
Special Procedure Technologist (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 7, 2013
The day begins at 7:00am. The people are friendly and good to work with in my department.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
short breaks
great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 7, 2013
great place to work just need more hours which are not available at present time
Pros
self scheduling
Sad to be leaving
Nurse Aide/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MISeptember 25, 2013
Port Huron Hospital is an excellent place of employment. There is always room for advancement. They also provide education related to work.
Pros
competitive wages and benefit package. positive atmosphere and helpful staff
Fast paced organized enviornment
Unit Secretary, Nurse's aide, EKG technician (Former Employee) –  Port Huron MISeptember 4, 2013
Port Huron hospital is a fantastic place to work. Employees are treated with respect. The pay is fair along with benefits. If you loe healthcare and have a loving personality you would love to work in any department.

4.3