PORT OF HOUSTON AUTHORITY

PORT OF HOUSTON AUTHORITY Employer Reviews

Good benefits and flex work schedule
GIS Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2013
I worked there for 24 years. In my tenure I worked on many different types of projects using AutoCAD Map and C3D and GIS.
Great people and fun place to work
OPERATIONS INTERN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
I only worked there as an intern but I enjoyed everyone there and learned a great deal.
Productive place to work
Administrative Coordinator I (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
I have worked with a Great manager who has taught me so much and very receptive of my ideas and suggestions.

A typical day at work includes checking e-mails from the project managers and engineers. Also preparing competitive sealed proposals and bids to be advertised on the Vendor Information System (VIS). Setting up meetings, preparing and executing – more... purchase orders on the JDE program and purchasing any product needed from the VIS system. – less
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2012
• Performed a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations for the Facilities Director.
• Composed The Port of Houston Facilities Update Report for weekly publication in The Houston Chronicle.
• Reviewed and summarized miscellaneous reports and documents.
• Received and distributed incoming mail; reviewed – more... and evaluated mail to identify those items requiring priority attention.
• Received and screened communications to the Facilities Director including telephone calls and
e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication from department heads, department coordinators and throughout the office.
• Independently responded to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature;
• Made travel arrangements; maintained appointment schedule and calendar for Director; arranged meetings and conferences. – less
Port of Houston
Graduate Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2012
Pros: encourages advance education
Cons: location
The Port of Houston is a dynamic working environment which encourages advanced education and training. I was a graduate intern and was asked to stay beyond the six month time frame to continue my learning.