PORT OF OAKLAND

PORT OF OAKLAND Employer Reviews

temp job
Package Handler (Former Employee), West Oakland, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: work out
Cons: over worked
loading trucks
how to work under pressure
fair
not being late on loading
exsercise
Productive Workplace
Landside Operations (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be for me to take the lost and found messages from the day before, then try to find the customers items and if we have it in the lost and found then I would call them and let them know. I would either mail their item out to them or have them come in and pick it up, which ever is better for the customer. Then I would start – more... on renewing parking permits and for new employees with the Oakland Airport I would get them started on a new application for their parking permit. After that I would take a break and after my break I would work on filing papers while answering the phone for the lost and found. – less
Great Internship opprotunity
Media & Public Relations (Intern) (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 14, 2013
The Port of Oakland offers a great internship opportunity for students in college and high school. Make sure you take advantage of it!
productive and fun place to work with very nice and helpful people
Ground Transportation Coordinator assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 4, 2013
Pros: nice working environment, free lunches sometime, nice people
Cons: office not opened to day light.
A typical day at work was made of phone calls and answers,meeting,meeting report writing, spreadsheet setting, problem solving,payment handling,files updating.but also talking with colleagues at break time from whom I learned a lot professionally and personally.
The manager, very professional and passionate with his job,very helpful.the co-workers, – more... helpful as well and fun.
The hardest part of the job was to explain the same thing many times to customers who were not cooperative.and have to enforce the rules and regulations;
most enjoyable when customers are happy and we received positive feedback.And the feeling of a job well done at the end of the day. – less
I enjoy my job. The work requirement was involved but at the end of the day I felt fulfeeled knowing I did my best.
Warehouse Stock Associate (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: i worked around great people.
Cons: the comute was sometimes challenging but i still made sure i was there on time.
I found my job to be very rewarding. I was there ahead of my work schedule every morning. When I arrived, I began preparing the work to start the day before the supervisor arrived.
Fast paced and consistant work.
Processor (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Verify each item number and separate based on location.
Safely wrap each shipment and take them to shoppers, and
Keep documents on each truck that has come through my processing team. My team was hard workers and came to work everyday on time ready to work. The hardest part was working near the water on docks in the rain. Making the most of our day – more... was the best part! – less
Positive workplace and environment
Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: people, projects
Cons: bureaucracy
I enjoyed working at the Port of Oakland, the projects were challenging and the people that work there are very professional and committed to realizing the goals of the Strategic Plan.
loved the people and the company
Staff Chex (Current Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: they treated us to lunch every friday.
Cons: i had a hour for my lunch break
well frist of all i enjoyed it so much i wish i was able to go back!
Insurance
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: nice view
Cons: security
Make sure Insurance was up to date for taxi drivers, limo, and aircraft and occasional boat make hang tags daily and for employess leaving out of town for days at a time.
the port was a very interesting job and that was because it was so diverse
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 14, 2012
I liked my job because each day had its own challenges. It would start getting our job assignments, then the supervisor would advise us of what he expected out of the work crew. I learned a very valuable lesson there ,never assume anything!!!!! I liked my supervisor, if there was a way to accomplish a task quicker and safer he would show you.My co-workers – more... was easy to work with.I think the hardest part of my job was unloadind refriderated railcar it was cold What I enjoyed the most was on payday because we always had a light day. – less

About PORT OF OAKLAND

The Port of Oakland is also dedicated to fulfilling its environmental obligations. The organization is exploring alternative "green – Read more