Port of Seattle Employee Reviews

Good overall company
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2017
Government entity that provided good benefits and growth opportunity. Recognized the risk associated with construction at airports and the importance of having a Construction Safety Office. Good overall life/work balance. Predictable days without a lot of unforeseen challenges.
Pay may make it worth it.
Aviation Security Agent (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAApril 26, 2017
The pay is usually good, but the work environment is slow paced and extremely bureaucratic. Promotions are not entirely based on merit and the most of the the employees are older and set in their ways. It's not awful, but there are better options.
Good place to work management a bit too political for me.
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2017
Manager is very flexible as far as accommodating me after having a child.
I have learned skills from my fellow co-workers that help me fix issues users are having with computers.
For me the hardest part of the job is delivering equipment to users in a timely manner and installing proprietary software that doesn't always work with new operating systems.

I enjoy the variety of people I meet and get to help,and enjoy the satisfaction when I figure out a computer issue for a user who is having trouble.
Pros
Good Health Care benefits, Pers
Cons
Location for transportation; politics
Patrol officer working in a seaport and airport enviroment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAApril 18, 2017
As a patrol officer I responded to dispatched calls and assisted the public at all owned and operated facilities at the airport and seaport. The seaport jurisdiction included Shilshole Bay Marina in Ballard, Terminal 91, and Pier 69 on the Seattle Waterfront.
Pros
City governemnt
Cons
N/a
Public Entity - very controlled
Aviation Project Manager 4 (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2017
I worked for the Port for 18 years. It is very easy to stay there as there is little concern for job security. But compensation is low and job satisfaction is moderate. There is a Port culture that is very hard to understand and deal with. It can be very passive aggressive.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Job Satisfaction and passive aggressive culture
good place to be
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WA 98188August 26, 2016
the ATO is a good place to be. pay could be better but overall not to bad of a place with the co workers driving city buses for the airport transit operations. between the lower drive of seatac and the rental car facility
Pros
great co workers
Cons
pay is way less than any other city bus driving job
It's a good place to work
On-Call Parking Services & Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMarch 30, 2016
Work is easy, enjoyable with good, great co-workers. Learned that in order to survive you have to be on managements good side and it seems everyone is out to get you. A lot of micromanage by management, it's who you know and not what you know. The hardest part of the job is the hours since it's a 24 hour facility and you get called in a lot
Pros
free lunches, great health benefits
Cons
hard to get a promotion
Administrative Support for Recruitment Team
Resource Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WADecember 7, 2015
Manage documentation and interview schedules. Contact candidates with results and ensure consistency and order across the board.
Pros
Coffee and Tea
Cons
N/a
Comfortable job, beautiful view, decent management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 25, 2015
On the job training and decent wages.
Co-workers and supervisors are friendly and knowledgeable of the jobs duties.
Company is improving.
Pros
Steady schedules, Good pay
Cons
No healthcare
Financial Reporting Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 13, 2015
Overall good organization with highly competent individuals. Most people are truly trying to do the right thing. I really enjoyed the location of the HQ, and the big cargo ships sailing by.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits package, great work-life balance, IT and technology

Want to know more about Port of Seattle?

Ask a question
Good solid work opportunities.
Administrative Assistant - Police Department (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Good workplace with opportunity for career advancement and educational opportunities within the Port as well as college tuition reimbursement.
Administrative and Organizational support to Chief, Deputy Chief and Manager of police department. Confidentiality, organization, respect, and communication skills very important.
Enjoyed working with others in a responsible position while still having time to attend college in the evenings.
Position for me was to support myself while attending college as well as working in a public organization with career advancement available.
Enjoyed diverse work environment with fellow employees as well as airport customers and other Port departments.
Hardest part of job was being the only non-union administrative staff member and watching that my duties did not overstep those of union support staff. At beginning I was an oddity as the Chief never had an administrative assistant and some staff members were interested in the position but were not eligible due to their union affiliation.
Pros
location(free parking), advancement opportunities, educational opportunities, Port employees responsible and work between departments friendly and responslble. Work hours fixed.
Beautiful workplace on Pier 69 in Seattle
Administrative Assistant, Commercial Strategy (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2014
I was the primary administrative assistant for the Commercial Strategy group; a VP, Director and 5 staff members.
I enjoyed working with other administrative staff who trained me and supported me.The Commercial Strategy staff were nice to work with and easy to support.
The hardest part of the job was the coldness of the department management and their lack of professional leadership skills. It was stressful to work "under" such a negative environment. Other departments at the Port of Seattle seemed to have more skilled management and happier staff.
I learned that your management can determine whether you will be able to perform to your best ability. If management is cold and will not communicate, it is nearly impossible to be successful.
Pros
Beautiful workplace on waterfront in Seattle, helpful and friendly co-workers
Cons
Some managers lack leadership skills, cold and unfriendly management
Definitely a productive and positive place to work.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work with the Port of Seattle was exciting and new everyday. I learned how to use to radio with all it's codes to assist with all request of and duties using this system. I also learned the functions of all trades used to maintain the Port and Pier (Properties they maintenance). The management here were the most caring and helpful I've come across. It's really a team while working with this company. The co-workers have a serious job to perform and do this while maintaining a smile on their faces. Very polite and a joy to be around. The hardest part of this job was fighting traffic to get there. I absolutely loved working here and giving my helping hand to assist with the process of Marine Maintenance!
Pros
Great work place.
Cons
Location and the trains in the area.
only drug store on west side of maui
procurement (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2014
longs was family driven for years until the focus turned to profits, and management left some of there emplyees waiting for direction and knowledge.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager, Corporate Facilities Department (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 31, 2014
Interesting Work, Great Location, and skilled Co-Workers
Good place to Intern
SEAPORT ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2014
So thankful to have had the experience of this internship because of all of the construction elements, mitigation, and hands-on construction I was exposed to. Required urgent decision making and problem solving.
Pros
great if you like project engineering
Cons
construction is not for me, i love design
Great benefits but repetitive work
Desktop Support Technician - Contractor (Former Employee) –  SeattleFebruary 13, 2014
Great benefit and compensation for similar jobs out on the market.
Pros
Compensation is good and benefits are even better.
Cons
strict work environment
A great place to work.
Work Planner/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 17, 2013
As one of the nation's largest international airports things never got boring. There was always so much going on and so many people coming in and out. Management was approachable and really willing to listen. Co-workers were great and made me feel like a member of the team right from the get go. Hardest part of the job was that it's a fairly large bureaucracy, and sometimes things progressed slowly as they moved through the various levels of the organization. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching the planes come and go and knowing that I helped accomplish that for the customer in my small way.
Pros
onsite gym, education benefits, professional development opportunities
Cons
airport security
hard work
worker (Former Employee) –  seattle,wa.November 28, 2012
a day at work would consist of unlocking crates to be shipped of the boat
Pros
ggod money
Cons
cold weather condition
fast paced airport of major city
realty specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2012
difficult to work due to different needs of major airlines to fit the management of major airport. Managing airport with all of the airlines, retail businesses, and tenants was very difficult.
Pros
liked the fast paced management
Cons
the vendors were often difficult and businesses failed due to high rents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Port of Seattle. Our community is ready to answer.

Port of Seattle Reviews by Location