Port of Seattle Employee Reviews in United States

Administrative Support for Recruitment Team
Resource Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WADecember 7, 2015
Manage documentation and interview schedules. Contact candidates with results and ensure consistency and order across the board.
Pros
Coffee and Tea
Cons
N/A
Comfortable job, beautiful view, decent management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 25, 2015
On the job training and decent wages.
Co-workers and supervisors are friendly and knowledgeable of the jobs duties.
Company is improving.
Pros
Steady schedules, Good pay
Cons
No healthcare
a highly talented employee with over 10 years experience in perforing a full range of custodial dutiies related to all cleaning of assinged buildings
marine maintenance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
was a great place to work had great coworkers I work with everyday enjoy doing this type of work every day take care of all cleaning of the buildings
Financial Reporting Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 13, 2015
Overall good organization with highly competent individuals. Most people are truly trying to do the right thing. I really enjoyed the location of the HQ, and the big cargo ships sailing by.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits package, great work-life balance, it and technology
Good solid work opportunities.
Administrative Assistant - Police Department (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Good workplace with opportunity for career advancement and educational opportunities within the Port as well as college tuition reimbursement.
Administrative and Organizational support to Chief, Deputy Chief and Manager of police department. Confidentiality, organization, respect, and communication skills very important.
Enjoyed working with others in a responsible position while still having time to attend college in the evenings.
Position for me was to support myself while attending college as well as working in a public organization with career advancement available.
Enjoyed diverse work environment with fellow employees as well as airport customers and other Port departments.
Hardest part of job was being the only non-union administrative staff member and watching that my duties did not overstep those of union support staff. At beginning I was an oddity as the Chief never had an administrative assistant and some staff members were interested in the position but were not eligible due to their union affiliation.
Pros
location(free parking), advancement opportunities, educational opportunities, port employees responsible and work between departments friendly and responslble. work hours fixed.
Great place to work!
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seatac WashingtonDecember 15, 2014
A great place to work! I have learned a great deal. co workers are very talented engineers.
Beautiful workplace on Pier 69 in Seattle
Administrative Assistant, Commercial Strategy (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2014
I was the primary administrative assistant for the Commercial Strategy group; a VP, Director and 5 staff members.
I enjoyed working with other administrative staff who trained me and supported me.The Commercial Strategy staff were nice to work with and easy to support.
The hardest part of the job was the coldness of the department management and their lack of professional leadership skills. It was stressful to work "under" such a negative environment. Other departments at the Port of Seattle seemed to have more skilled management and happier staff.
I learned that your management can determine whether you will be able to perform to your best ability. If management is cold and will not communicate, it is nearly impossible to be successful.
Pros
beautiful workplace on waterfront in seattle, helpful and friendly co-workers
Cons
some managers lack leadership skills, cold and unfriendly management
High performing organization.
Sr. Manager Service Agreements (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2014
The Port of Seattle is a high performing organization with high expectations for its leadership. I have nothing but good things to say about the Port. The Port is going through a period of change; they are really focusing on the effectiveness and efficiency of internal processes. The Port has embraced a LEAN culture, constantly on the lookout for process improvement. I have learned a great deal here, especially about the importance of leadership, and what a good leader is/does in a high performing organization.
Pros
good place to work, great atmosphere and working conditions
Definitely a productive and positive place to work.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work with the Port of Seattle was exciting and new everyday. I learned how to use to radio with all it's codes to assist with all request of and duties using this system. I also learned the functions of all trades used to maintain the Port and Pier (Properties they maintenance). The management here were the most caring and helpful I've come across. It's really a team while working with this company. The co-workers have a serious job to perform and do this while maintaining a smile on their faces. Very polite and a joy to be around. The hardest part of this job was fighting traffic to get there. I absolutely loved working here and giving my helping hand to assist with the process of Marine Maintenance!
Pros
great work place.
Cons
location and the trains in the area.
only drug store on west side of maui
procurement (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2014
longs was family driven for years until the focus turned to profits, and management left some of there emplyees waiting for direction and knowledge.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
low pay

Want to know more about Port of Seattle?

Ask a question
Productive Envirnment
Sr. Information Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle WAJune 10, 2014
This has been one of the best places to work.
Building managing SharePoint site and managing company wide ticketing system.
Pros
free parking
Cons
more task then you can hanlde
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager, Corporate Facilities Department (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 31, 2014
Interesting Work, Great Location, and skilled Co-Workers
Good place to Intern
SEAPORT ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2014
So thankful to have had the experience of this internship because of all of the construction elements, mitigation, and hands-on construction I was exposed to. Required urgent decision making and problem solving.
Pros
great if you like project engineering
Cons
construction is not for me, i love design
Great benefits but repetitive work
Desktop Support Technician - Contractor (Former Employee) –  SeattleFebruary 13, 2014
Great benefit and compensation for similar jobs out on the market.
Pros
compensation is good and benefits are even better.
Cons
strict work environment
Great opportunities
Casual Longshoreman (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2013
Various job requirements and training. Typical day at work changes upon the work available.
A great place to work.
Work Planner/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 17, 2013
As one of the nation's largest international airports things never got boring. There was always so much going on and so many people coming in and out. Management was approachable and really willing to listen. Co-workers were great and made me feel like a member of the team right from the get go. Hardest part of the job was that it's a fairly large bureaucracy, and sometimes things progressed slowly as they moved through the various levels of the organization. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching the planes come and go and knowing that I helped accomplish that for the customer in my small way.
Pros
onsite gym, education benefits, professional development opportunities
Cons
airport security
hard work
worker (Former Employee) –  seattle,wa.November 28, 2012
a day at work would consist of unlocking crates to be shipped of the boat
Pros
ggod money
Cons
cold weather condition
fast paced airport of major city
realty specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2012
difficult to work due to different needs of major airlines to fit the management of major airport. Managing airport with all of the airlines, retail businesses, and tenants was very difficult.
Pros
liked the fast paced management
Cons
the vendors were often difficult and businesses failed due to high rents
I loved the poeple and the freedom to self manage.And the work got done.
General Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2012
It was Five buses down town every day 12 houres from door step to door step.I serviced and maintianed five copiers. I loged in all incoming packages.and unloaded skides of computers and paper using a fork lift.I cleaned and kept up a warehouse. i deliverd and had every package singhed for by reciepeant for internal tracking {my system} i canceld mail on a postage matchen.I inserted billing into envelopes. i use bindrey equipment i.e.paper cutters. folders. drills. spiral binding.I did mouthly fire bottle checkes and punched and sighed the tages. i sorted the incoming usps.mail for over 200 people.It was alot of walking the buiding was 1/4 mile and had three flores. it was a lot of work but i did love it.
Pros
the most wonderful coworkers
Cons
it was a hard comute to down town.