Portage Health Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced healthcare office
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hancock, MIJuly 17, 2014
Accuracy, customer service, and working as a team were a few things that I learned. I also learned how to manage the new systems as they were updated throughout my 15+ years at Portage. We are a very fast paced facility and my job required me to multitask from posting payments to handling collections to billing issues and satisfying patients. We also worked directly with patients to try to assist with them to help them receive Medicaid or health insurance.
A place to gain experience and knowledge in the medical field
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hancock, MIJune 2, 2014
Working for Portage Home Health Services is a very interesting experience in many ways. I enjoy getting to meet the several different clients and caring for them. The staff is usually very flexible with switching shifts when needed.
Pros
learn to communicate with people in different ways
Cons
split shifts, required to work every other weekend
Pleasant Atmosphere
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hancock, MINovember 14, 2013
I work as a irregular part-time position. All staff is very friendly, very nice atmosphere. Very flexible with schedule, enjoy working at this facility.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hancock, MIOctober 21, 2013
It is a great place to be a volunteer. They are extremely reasonable and gracious when it comes to people volunteering their time. The staff is welcoming and committed to excellence in patient care.
Caring and open place to work. Everyone is friendly and eager to help with any issues
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hancock, MIJuly 2, 2012
Everyone smiles and says hello while walking in the hallways. The entire organization from top to bottom is very forward thinking. Executive management does an amazing job and truly cares about all employees and patients. Portage Health is far ahead in the transition to a new and unique health care entity.
Pros
flexible. caring. open.

4.5