Portage Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work, wonderful staff
assistant teacher/paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 2, 2015
I teach Reading groups all levels K to 5th grade. e have intensive day and very busy schedule. We planning our work the way that all kids that need extra help being included in our groups.
I learn to work in wonderful team of the teachers, how to teach children English, Reading skills:Phonics, Fluency, Comprehension.
We have wonderful principal and our reading teacher always ask advise of her reading team on what is the better fir the student that team work with. I don't know hardest part of my job. maybe if It is better pay I will stay there forever. Work as a team where people respect each other and help each other is a dream, and I have it.
Cons
no paid summer, winter break, spring break
Very free reign work place
Boys Water Polo Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 19, 2014
Being the head coach for two high school water polo teams isn't like most other jobs. I was fortunate enough to have a lot of free decision making abilities and met a lot of influential administrators and educators. I also got to learn from being around high school guys and girls about the challenges and benefits of working with high schoolers.
Fun Work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 15, 2013
I love working for the schools . And working with the staff and students. great and caring place.
Great place if you like working with kids
High School Diving Coach (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 20, 2013
As a coach, I had the support and encouragement I needed from everyone involved in the team. They were flexible in working around the conflicts of everyday life. The athletes are a pleasure to work with and so is the coaching staff. Coaching at Portage schools was one of the most rewarding jobs I have experienced
Nice place to work
Internet Systems Manager/Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 15, 2012
Politics runs rampant and there is gross mismanagment of funds.
Friendly people to work with
After School Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 1, 2012
I enjoyed working here because I love children. This is a very rewarding job because you have the opportunity to be someone of influence in a childs life.