Portage Public Schools Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 29, 2017
Love to hear stories from the customers. Everyday is something new and exciting. The staff is wonderful to work with. Everyone is very caring and compassionate.
Good Experience
Help Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 17, 2017
Good experience and stepping stone leading to the next step in a career path. Co-workers are exceptional and friendly most of the time. Good location.
fun place
At Risk Paraprofessional/Athletic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 10, 2015
Portage Public Schools- This is a great place to work, they value and frequently ask for employee feedback. Personal growth and development is a priority.
Excellent place to work, wonderful staff
assistant teacher/paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 2, 2015
I teach Reading groups all levels K to 5th grade. e have intensive day and very busy schedule. We planning our work the way that all kids that need extra help being included in our groups.
I learn to work in wonderful team of the teachers, how to teach children English, Reading skills:Phonics, Fluency, Comprehension.
We have wonderful principal and our reading teacher always ask advise of her reading team on what is the better fir the student that team work with. I don't know hardest part of my job. maybe if It is better pay I will stay there forever. Work as a team where people respect each other and help each other is a dream, and I have it.
Cons
no paid summer, winter break, spring break
Very free reign work place
Boys Water Polo Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 19, 2014
Being the head coach for two high school water polo teams isn't like most other jobs. I was fortunate enough to have a lot of free decision making abilities and met a lot of influential administrators and educators. I also got to learn from being around high school guys and girls about the challenges and benefits of working with high schoolers.
Fun Work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 15, 2013
I love working for the schools . And working with the staff and students. great and caring place.
Great place if you like working with kids
High School Diving Coach (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 20, 2013
As a coach, I had the support and encouragement I needed from everyone involved in the team. They were flexible in working around the conflicts of everyday life. The athletes are a pleasure to work with and so is the coaching staff. Coaching at Portage schools was one of the most rewarding jobs I have experienced
Nice place to work
Internet Systems Manager/Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 15, 2012
Politics runs rampant and there is gross mismanagment of funds.
Friendly people to work with
After School Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 1, 2012
I enjoyed working here because I love children. This is a very rewarding job because you have the opportunity to be someone of influence in a childs life.