PORTAMEDIC

PORTAMEDIC Employer Reviews

Great company to work for, many long time employees
Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
Manage email, distribute faxes, assigned job tasks and oversee all employees. Made sure any internal differences were handled appropriately and to each parties satisfaction. I loved the atmosphere we all were able to create as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Examiner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 17, 2014
Made my own work schedule and got a chance to meet a lot of interesting people
great company
Phlebotomist/Medical Examiner (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 5, 2014
a company that will give you a chance or an a great opportunity to ale yourself be capable to all work that will be an asset to you in the future.
Company that provided comprehensive services for insurance companies
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 13, 2014
Allowed me to travel with the company and learn new skills. Excellent work environment and ability to work independently.
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule; independently supervised
Cons: lack of work
My typical day at work was completing blood work, completing insurance forms, and providing customer service. I learned that sometimes people would increase life insurance for good reasons and not so good reasons. My co-workers were nice and friendly even though I worked independently. The hardest part of this job was going into homes with pets because – more... I'm afraid of pets. The most enjoyable part of this job were that I was working in a desire field and meeting new people. – less
family like atmosphere
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 2, 2014
Pros: stay busy doing exam
Cons: end of month
Management and co-workers are great to work around.stay busy because examiners are always in and out of the office.
You meet lots of new people.
Examiner (Former Employee), West Covina, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: utilization of medical skills
Cons: scheduling, driving to clients, and unstable work load
Each day the work load fluctuates with the amount of patients to be seen. The schedule is also unpredictable since it is centered around the patient's time. A typical day consists of collecting blood, urine, saliva, or medical histories. Management and coworkers were cooperative to work with. The hardest part of the job would be the unpredictable schedule. – more... The enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people. – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2014
Pros: able to chat with cowrorkers
Cons: sometimes slow
I work 8-4:30 M-F; Answer 8 lines of incoming phone calls; Work with great coworkers;
Independant contractor, I make my own schedule
Stacey R, Office worker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2014
Pros: i set my own schedule, and really enjoy my job
Cons: not steady reliable income
I set aside 2 days out of the week and I go to people's homes and do there life insurance exam. I draw blood, ECG's, B/P's, and go over life and health history with the applicant.
Fun and very energetic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: lots of knowledge
Cons: no comment
It can be demanding at times, but overall the experience was a great experience. I learned a lot about different insurance companies and insurance agents.
Knowing I was helping someone gain insurance coverage
Customer Service, Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: providing a service to help others and this was satisfying
Cons: when some people couldn't be insured it was disheartening
The first year I was there I worked customer service and I was a scheduler when Individuals needed to sign up for life insurance. I answered phones, filed,faxed, time management, and coordinating home health appointments. The second year I was a phlebotomist and traveled to homes to do health history and draw blood and collect specimen so individuals – more... could qualify for life insurance. I learned the importance of time management, communication skills, troubleshooting, and the importance of paying attention to detail. The hardest part of the job was being able to put down my work and go home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and helping them to attain life insurance. Which is extremely important in today's world. – less
Good company with some management issues
Nurse Examiner (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules and the ability to work from home
Cons: management
Very similar to EMSI; however, no chances for continuing education or promotion. Management has frequent turnover making it difficult to complete job responsibilities.
independent contractor for life insurance companies
CONTRACT NURSE - Insurance (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJFebruary 15, 2014
history and physical, speicimen collection ekg worked independently on perdiem basis, worst time was in the bad weather of the winter and enjoyable part was meeting the prospective insured.
positive place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great job
• Prepare store’s daily cash deposits (approximately $15,000 a day)
• Trained new employees in office and customer service procedure
• Coordinate and organized office records of customer files.
I work from home
Examiner (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: i make my own schedules, working from home
Cons: no benefits and the pay is not good and not steady
I am an Independent Contractor and work from home, I don't have much to say about the co-workers because I don't meet them and the only contact we have is via telephone, e-mail and fax.
I am on the road most of the day when I have work which doesn't happen everyday.
Great company to work for.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoJanuary 21, 2014
I work my own schedule, meet lots of people, generally positive atmosphere.
work at your own pace
Paramedical Insurance Examiner (Former Employee), Colts Neck, NJJanuary 19, 2014
this was a great job to have if you have another job. You make your own hours and schedules. It was like being your own boss, and you got to travel. Pay could have been better, since gas is so expensive nowadays.
Good Work Experience
Phlebotomist/Examiner (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Loved working for this company, I learned a lot about insurance and medical examines. Good company to work for.
I love being a phlebotomist
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Fredonia, NYJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: the people and co-workers
Cons: the job was a short time
There is nothing like being a phlebotomist .This job is what I have been waiting for . I have learned so much about people and there bodies and how the body works . I had a wonderful teacher in collage who made sure you knew how to do it all. My co-workers worked as hard as I did and we worked together collecting the blood draws. The hardest part of – more... this job is to learn how to read peoples bodies , like how they are feeling during the blood draw, are they scard or not, or if they are going to pass out , The part I love most about this job is meeting and talking with new people every day and helping them get to the bottom of there medical problems. There is no better feeling then the feeling you get when you help people out. – less
Sweet people to work with and will work with you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2013
Pros: management friendly
Cons: call center usually hire all kinds of unprofessional persons
Love this place, 1st call center environment and I got to witness how they work.

1 2 3 4