PORTAMEDIC Employee Reviews

very much fun
Quality Assurance & Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Tarzana, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: closed office
worked with lots of different people always on the go and was a part time job that went full time after a month or two they where fun to work for till they closed the office by my and the next one was or 2 hours away
It was a fun and exciting work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2015
We worked as team players and we did everything that we could to get the job done right and in a timely manner. Working over time .
Customer Service Representative/Team Leader (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: low pay and no benefits
I enjoyed working with the insurance examiners and the different life insurance companies that I spoke to daily about the insurance physicals they would call in to schedule for their clients. The compensation was a small amount and we did not get any benefits. I left because I needed more money and benefits.
Portamedic could have been a good job if the boss was better
Medial Assistant / Examiner (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: making my schedule
Cons: Having the physicals that didn't pay well and long distance
I worked for a lady that also did physicals and It didn't take long before I figured out that I ended up with the physicals that didn't pay very well and had to drive far for them. Each physical paid different and you had to call and set your schedule if the patient was not there you had to reschedule but you lost the time and the gas that it cost to drive. Sometimes you would drive long distance and the patient would decide they would not want the physical and you would loose your money. The only good thing was my children were small and I could make my schedule around them if I needed to.
Energy
Supervisor/CSR (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
Cons: short breaks
awesome company to be apart of. everyone is like family here. everyone got each other back and Team work is key to success in this company. we all got each other back. worst part of the day is having the rude callers but having great patience and understanding.
good company
Phlebotomist for Insurance Exams (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 5, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: gas prices to travel
great company, I would work for them again. They provide you with all the equipment needed in travel to offices and clients home
Felxible and exciting!
Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, independent work, great manager
Cons: traffic
The best part about working for Portamedic is most certainly the flexibility. It is a great job to have while going through school or for new moms or dads who have time in the morning but have a fluctuating schedule. It has all the perks of being a phlebotomist in the hospital but on the go! you get to meet people where they are comfortable ( home or work ). I have also been trained to complete an EKG when necessary and go through a complete medical history with the clients. Most people prefer to be seen in the morning 6-10 AM so it is a job for those that dont mind waking up early. I mean it when I say its exciting. Every day I come home with another story, whether a good day or a bad one. You et to experience a diverse amount of peoples and cultures all in a day.
Perform examination for client to obtain life or disability insurance.
Medical examiner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company but it changed hands and things weren't going to well for me their, such as pay roll always making mistakes, they changed some for they reasons we may not
be paid.
It's nice to be your own boss
Paramedical examiner (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: freedom to schedule your own jobs
Cons: no benefits, had to buy everything for your office and you where a 1099
It was great working when you wanted and where you wanted, but with the gas prices at 3.60 it was not ideal. A little scary going into peoples homes to do exams for life insurance. It would be the idle job if they had benefits and steady work.
i make my own schedule, schedule appointments,
Medical Insurance Examiner- PartTime (Current Employee), mobile- charlotte, lee, colier countyDecember 1, 2014
Pros: i make my own schedule
Cons: not enough work for a steady income
when they have the work. it is not steady, and I never know what my paychecks are going to be. only good thing is that I know the 2 days a month that I get paid on 6th and the 20th.

I have great time management skills, I work under no one I am my own boss.

the hardest part of my job is hopping that I make enough to pay my bills for the month. you never know. work is not steady or guaranteed.

I do love my job but there is no telling what my pay is going to be. need steady employment.
Worst company for loyal, hardworking individuals.
Physicians Assistant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Physical exams, specimen collection. I feel that poor managers and employees cause companies to go out of business, or in this companies case are bought out by a competitor. Good employees were to and far between. Dealing with incompetence was hardest of all. Patient care and interaction only benefit to this position.
Flexability to work from home
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Metairie, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexiblity to work from home
Cons: work not consistent
Flexiblity to work from home
Opportunity to develope phlebotomy skills
Flexibility to set own work hours
Customer Service
Portamedical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: excellent care providers
Cons: company closed its location
Proved quality customer service to the insurance industry.
Great Place to work
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: 1/2 hour lunches
Lots of calls coming in and going out throughout the day. I learned how to speak to customers in person and on the phone and being polite in every situation. I enjoyed working with all co-workers as it was a small office and housed 4 employees but in the field we had 52 examiners that we spoke to on the phone and scheduled appointments with, shipped out there supplies and handled there daily input on going to clients homes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some insurance companies or agents when a client complained about an examiner that may have stuck a client more than twice. What I enjoyed most about this job was the small office type field and all the examiners and co-workers. and of course the boss. This office was such a great place to work for before we got bought out by another company.
okay
Medical Examiner and APS Specialist (Former Employee), no teamworkAugust 28, 2014
Pros: teamwork
paramedics,customer sevice,attending physician statement
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 4, 2014
Great place to work. Company was sold in 2013. Great group of people to work with.
very quite place, 2 person office
customer service (Former Employee), Portland, MEJuly 2, 2014
this was an insurance office, I took incoming calls to set up appointments for blood tests, blood pressure etc. to see if the potential customer qualified for insurance.
Great company to work for, many long time employees
Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
Manage email, distribute faxes, assigned job tasks and oversee all employees. Made sure any internal differences were handled appropriately and to each parties satisfaction. I loved the atmosphere we all were able to create as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Examiner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 17, 2014
Made my own work schedule and got a chance to meet a lot of interesting people
great company
Phlebotomist/Medical Examiner (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 5, 2014
a company that will give you a chance or an a great opportunity to ale yourself be capable to all work that will be an asset to you in the future.