Portamedic Employee Reviews

Portamedic
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 24, 2017
This company was a good company to work for. Typical day would be answering phones, data entry, scheduling appointments, etc. Not much room for advancement. Management was great to work with. This company has been dissolved.
allowed to work own schedule
Independent Medical Assistant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 20, 2017
Was allowed the freedom to work my own schedule to see however many appointments i needed in a day. had flexibility to go to doctors appointments around this flexible schedule
Great schedule freedom
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2017
I got to mainly do my job from home which was great because I had 3 young kids at the time I worked for them. The paid compensation I received was also pretty satisfactory
Great part time job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 27, 2017
You want a full or part time side job well this would be a great one.
Make your own schedule, Travel with your own car.
Meet new people. Learn about the different types of life insurance
policies, and choose the one best for you.
management is not easy to deal with
LPN (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 27, 2017
this is good if you want your own schedule. alot of work for little pay and they want to nickel and dime you for everything but not pay you for what your really worth and your on call 24/7
great atmoshpere
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2017
I was an independent medical assistant examiner. I had my own hours that I could work and they gave me my schedule of patients to see whether at their homes of places of employment
Informative, easy to apply to jobs.
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Very good source of information and easy to apply to possible jobs, great career opportunities. Coworkers are helpful and so is management, also work is good,
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Small family owned company
Office Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 18, 2017
Small company with no benefits. But helped me with getting more experience in marketing and sales and how it is to run your own company. No way for advancement.
a company that required good blood drawing skills/good physical assessement skills
Mobile Examiner (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJanuary 16, 2017
doing total body assessments and blood drawing/urine obtaining specimens; processing blood/urine and shipping out to labs; management was ok; not much contact with fellow co-workers-mainly on your own; hardest part of job was the incurred expenses of buying a lot of your own equipment and next to no reimbursement for missed exams that were cancelled by clients.
Excellent place to work!
Apps/Paramedical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 9, 2016
If you are looking for autonomy, this is a great place to work. You make your own schedule and schedule your clients around your schedule; there are some exceptions to be made while scheduling your client’s depending on their needs. You schedule client’s appointments in their homes or place of business, time management skills are a must in this position; being on time for every client and making sure that you allot the right amount of time for each client is very important, based on the type of exam requested by the life insurance carrier. Some exams include your basic blood and urine and a brief medical history, some include an extensive medical history going back 10 years with an elderly assessment including an ECG with blood urine and sometimes a TVC, excellent computer skills is a must, due to most insurance companies have their own electronic medical history website that you login and access their system to record the medical history.

You wear multiple hats in this position such as lab tech, you are responsible for making sure you spin the clients blood according to lab procedure time, and making sure you package and send the specimen to the right lab company, inputting data into the company website you work with, for example you log the lab number on the lab sheet as well as the tracking number use to send the lab, sending in all paper work to the office completed within 24 hours so the office can process the claim to the insurance company.

The hardest part of this job is you don’t have a second person with you so it’s important to have excellent phlebotomy skills,
  more... and great sense of details and exceptional writing skills as well as knowing your medical terminology.

You have contact with your branch manager and staff at all time and can call into the office to talk to someone if you run into trouble. So it is really good to build a good rapport with the office staff.
The most enjoyable part about this job you can work as much as you like or as little as you like. You can see as many as 12 – 14 clients per day or as little as 9 per day. The money opportunity is phenomenal for someone with the right critical thinking skills and attitude as well as great time management skills and the patience to succeed in this career.
Port a medic
Phlebotomist/ Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 8, 2016
I learned a lot of very vital patient experience through working with this company. Management was very patient and understanding during learning process.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
out of business
Office environment was horrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
The closed minded small office were less than open to new comers and expected someone to learn 20+ years of experience in a short period of time. The people within the office were less than open to questions to new comers. I addressed this to the main manager and he shrugged it off after I told him someone had completely pointing me on the spot and yelling at me (someone who's not even a manager) just thought they could boss me around because I was semi-new.

I enjoyed the pay and the job itself but the environment became harder to work in so I had no choice but to quit.
I wouldn't recommend anybody who doesn't know people on the inside to apply.
Excellent vendor to work for
Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, Health Examiner (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 1, 2016
A typical day at work is running around all over NYC on the public transit to each client performing their Life or Disability insurance exams. I meet interesting people from all walks of life. I learned new things with each client I meet. Some tell me stories of their life and past. I have learned that in life everyone has something that they are dealing with, its how you push forward that makes it worth fighting for.

Management and my co-workers which are the CSR's treat me like family which makes my job enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job is when I have to ask the clients questions on their family medical history. I find myself having to comfort those that lost family in the 911 tradegy and horrible illnesses.

The most enjoyable part of this job is when the client feels comfortable with me, especially with the part where I draw their blood. The smile on their face makes my day.

Portamedic was merged with APPS, which makes it worth getting up in the morning. I can say that I am proud to be a part of the team.
Pros
Pick the days I want to work
Cons
No health insurance, taxes are paid at the end of the year
Stable and consistent.
Customer Service Representative/Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAOctober 29, 2015
Standard 8-5 job. Ok pay with good benefits. Really enjoyed working here until they sold. It was very stable. My manager was a doll. They really helped employees to understand and work better and more efficiently.
Pros
Stability and work load
Cons
Pay could be better
Very energetic motivated staff
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 27, 2015
Loved working with the staff at this job. Was constantly faced with new challenges and ideas. Job duties expanded tremendously but always with great training and preparation.
Temp Job
Medical Examiner/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boise,IdOctober 1, 2015
Traveled to different locations as needed
Learned more about life insurance
Under new management
Self contracted employee
The hardest part was not having a dependable schedule
I really enjoyed the money
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Traveling, different schedule everyday, wear and tear on youe vehicle
Medical Examination and Insurance
Medical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield. CTSeptember 11, 2015
Staff and co-workers good no problem. Went to different homes to perform vital signs , height and weight, blood draws and process them for it to ship to lab
Pros
Traveled to different locations
Cons
Not alot of Clients
fun good
Quality Assurance & Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAAugust 19, 2015
they went out of business. I would have stayed if they had not closed the office it was a very good job always had something to do and they wanted you to advance with in the company
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
can be very busy or very slow
very much fun
Quality Assurance & Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAAugust 7, 2015
worked with lots of different people always on the go and was a part time job that went full time after a month or two they where fun to work for till they closed the office by my and the next one was or 2 hours away
Pros
fun job
Cons
closed office
Worst company! Horrible pay No mileage.
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Santa clareita CaliforniaJuly 29, 2015
APPS sounds good but it wasn't they don't pay mileage. You have to wait almost two mo's for your check they don't pay on time no direct deposit so you have to wait for check! They give you tons of. Orders and expect you just to do all that with No gas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Portamedic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9