Porter Medical Center Employee Reviews

Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJanuary 17, 2017
no chance of advancement,the amount of time off, but you needed to use vacation time for holidays. Made some lifetime friends
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Great, Fun, productive
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTDecember 15, 2016
my typical day was pretty great, i worked nights and it was enjoyable to be able to work by myself. i learned many things from this job, like how to clean carpets or to finish floors.the co-workers were not horrible and but not great its like being back in high school half the time.. lots of drama, the hardest part was not being home at night with my kids. the most enjoyable was being able to not wake up early.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
short breaks
Poor leadership group
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 19, 2016
More than 20 years without much accomplishments; hired and promoted leaders who are ineffective yet highly compensated; poor leadership resulted to union organizing.

New leadership went overboard by laying off too many people, good people; hired younger ineffective, highly paid managers/directors replaced the near retiring good people; kept the same old leadership team
Pros
town hall meetings, cheap meals
Cons
VP's are good followers; just be happy to have a job
a typecial day at work
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VermontJuly 13, 2015
It was a good office to work at lots of great people to work with lot of interaction with all your coworkers. Wasn't a real big company so you got to know your coworkers.
Pmc
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTMay 21, 2015
Good enviroment. Flexible staffing. Great benifits, compensation could be better though.
the different departments seem to work as a whole. Parking could be a little bit better as well as security.
fun and very up beat atmosphere
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTMarch 22, 2015
there was always a positive energy about porter. I appreciated the constant help offered by all coworkers. managments was always easy to get ahold of and offered help whenever they could. unfortunately not a lot opf room for growth in the department
Hospital
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTApril 18, 2014
Travel assignment to rural, critical access facility. I worked nights, med/surg. I assisted with the "go-live" of Meditech 6.0 and learned to utilize bar codes for medications and eMars. I also had to use a Pyxis. Co-workers were very supportive as was management. The truly hardest part of this position was simply that it was my first travel assignment and I hated being away from my husband and kids. It was a good job in a beautiful spot. I also had wonderful landlords, who went out of their way to make me feel at home.
Small town culture
Emergency Department Staff Nurse Nights (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJanuary 29, 2014
Porter Medical Center is a Critical Access Hospital in a very small community. Because every one knows every one else, it is difficult to make changes for the positive.
Or nurse "Circulator" Med Surg>
Circulating Nurse Med surg (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJanuary 7, 2013
In the OR we did up to nine specialities so the day depended on what room you were in. I learned alot I have a love for Ortho and General surgery.
When you are on call you are the manager
my coworkers were great they trained me well
Hardest part of the job well not everyone gets along but I have breaod shoulders
Most enjoyable. All of it I wouldn't trade an OR for anything.
Busy place to work
Radiology Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTAugust 10, 2012
The day would go by so fast due to all the patients checking in and the phone ringing to schedule appointments. Co-workers were also fun to work with.
Pros
patients are always right even though they can be wrong, go with the flo.
Cons
co-worker showing up to work on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Porter Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6