Portfolio Recovery Associates

Portfolio Recovery Associates United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
LEGAL COLLECTOR/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Pros: Bonuses; the ability to get raises; offers medical benefits; end of month lunches
A typical day for me would be to make calls to customers; while engaging in a fun conversation with my coworkers; getting assistance when needed; having the ability to work on my own; delegate my time to my responsibilities while collecting my daily goals that I set for myself or if my manager has something she needs me to strive for; to make sure that I get there daily
Debt Collection is tough.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Angry callers
It is very monotnus work. You wait on someone to answer their phone which hardly happens. When someone does answer they usually hang up but every once in awhile you can convince someone to pay for something they owe but have already had the enjoyment of. You get yelled and cussed at A LOT. The bonuses make it worth it though.
Fun environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: convenient location
Cons: compensation
It's a job. Not a place where you would want to build a career. Ideal for new high school graduates. PRA is a fun place to work with on campus dining.
goal orientanted
Customer Service, Debt Collector (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: money is good
Cons: hours work schedule is a mix of days and nights
Most of the day you click a button and wait to reach someone and hope they are the person you are trying to reach. then you attempt to set up a pay plan ot resolve the outstanding debt.
Fun atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free monthly lunch, prizes from company for performance
Cons: room for advancement after om was very limited
supervised 15 bill collectors
-reported to assistant vice president on a daily basis with performance reviews of employees
-worked with 14 other operations managers to combine ideas and strategies to set ourselves apart from the industries competition
-most challenging part of the job was overcoming the customers reasons for not wanting to pay their past due bills
-as a team, we were able to create our own fun by using monthly competitions within our own team. fast-paced atmosphere that made a 55 hour work week seem to go quickly

learned a great deal of experience in sales, communicating with customers and finding out that true hard work always pays off.
Like many Collection shops like a sweat shop
Litigation Collector (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
I was well compensated yet while I worked their they suffered growing pains by buying up smaller companies but not creating additional work for the collectors I hated their dialer
Call Center Environment
Account Representative (Former Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: stress and pressure
A typical day at work included calling people who owed debt and persuading them on why it was important to pay debt. I offered payment arrangements and different discounts if they paid bill quickly. I learned how to deal with all different kinds of people. My co-workers were very friendly and management was very motivating. The hardest part of the job was actually convincing people to pay debt that was over 20 years old. I enjoyed the fun atmosphere of the job the most.
fun
Account Representative (Current Employee), birminghamMarch 6, 2015
Enjoyable, you really learn how to collect ,must be dedicate,every one always try to help one another and you get good bonouses
Productive and upbeat atmosphere
Account Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free bus fare, hour lunch and advancement
Cons: long hours and monitored calls
a typical day at work was to come in and get the updates from the day before via email, find out what our goals are for the week and comply with company policies and regulations

I learned how to be a team player, confident in what I had to accomplish and how to use my customer service skills to help the consumers

my managers were very helpful and co workers helped me with a lot
the hardest part of the job was trying to remember all the rules that followed the job

the most enjoyable part of my job was making bonus
Good paying job.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSMarch 4, 2015
Pros: monthly bonus, trips, and prizes.
Cons: office drama
What I enjoyed the most about this job was helping people pay off their past debts. Miss some of my co-workers there. I would like to work there again.
Portfolio Recovery Associates?
Account Representative-Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: part-time schedules
PRA is a great place to work. I enjoy my coworkers and manager is wonderful. I am fond of the work environment and many things the company have to offer all of their employees.
Productive and fast paced place to work with great team members
Account Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: bonuses monthly; co. provided lunch at the end of every month; chance
Cons: had to put in pto time 2 weeks in advance
A typical day at Portfolio Recovery consists of a fast paced environment of Inbound and Outbound phone calls to customers owing on old and new accounts. I learned how to deal with all kind of people and personalities and still negotiate to get payments on accounts. We worked on teams and I learned how to work together to make individual and team goals.
The hardest part of the job was making goal for the month when your goal got higher and higher each month. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team and we all worked together to help each other and we had great fun winning prizes and being the top team several times. It was a great feeling when we got to the end of the month after everyone worked hard all month to make goal and also our team goal.
Good benefits and pay, competitve work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2015
High paced competitive work environment with good pay and great bonuses if you are collections proficient. High call volume and difficult client base.
Productive and fun workplace.
Collector (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: not getting a bonus
A typical day at this job was calling people on the phone trying to get them to pay their debt. Something i learned was that you never know what a person is going through until you talk to them. The management and co-workers i work with were all pretty good from what i experienced. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of this job to me was actually getting people to agree to a payment plan.
horrible
Debt Collector (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2015
This location has a huge turnover rate and I am dissapointe dby the way the mangers treat us employees. I do not feel comfortable working here any longer because of the misleading info that is always given .
high turn over
Account Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: lay offs
this company has a high turn over and not family friendly. YOU must work weekend and holidays. Unrealistic expectations of quality
A jungle
Account Executive (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: incosistency
The job can be a great work enviorment but the people make the job uneasy. I am a hard worker and I can conform to any situation but there was just to many situations.
Exposed to unique challenges
Account Manager (Former Employee), Hutchinson KsJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: worked well with college schedual
Cons: speak with unfriendly people on regular basis
Largest debt collection company in the world receives a lot of attention; good and bad. Lawyers use laws and attempt to make money off of a single persons mistakes within a large company creating a hostile environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2015
I applied my collection skills and teqnique to collect and recover purchased credit card debt by making suitable arrangments for payment. Locating assets and employment information using various tools for legal action if necessary. I attended a 6 week training course in negotiations and proper collection teqniques as well as receiving extensive training in the FDCPA Laws.
Great bouns oppertunity
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Management is the hardest thing about this job. You call customers and they take their anger out on you, then your manager takes their frustrations out on you. It's hard to balance work with your outside life, it's awful times of the night you are required to work, and on top of that you are required to work full weekend shift-- in some teams cases.

1 2 3 4 5

About Portfolio Recovery Associates

Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc. is a full-service provider of outsourced receivables management and related services. The – Read more

Portfolio Recovery Associates Salaries