Are you a "people person" looking for a satisfying part time position?
Portfolio Resident Services is a non-profit organization and the nation's leading provider of comprehensive resident services programs. As a Resident Services Coordinator, you will be an integral member of our team of 160+ Resident Services Coordinators impacting lives at more than 190 communities throughout Texas, Mississippi and Colorado by facilitating our Good Neighbor Program, which has been designed and refined for 15 years. PRS is a self sustained and is not dependent on grant funding.
The Resident Services Coordinator facilitates our program through classes and activities at a multi- family apartment community. Our program provides a variety of activities/classes which includes educational events, homework assistance, social events, recreational activities, health and nutrition resources, computer classes and financial literacy classes in order to promote personal and community development.
Experience and Qualifications Desired
- Experience in education, social work, or a related field; a history of dedicated community involvement/volunteer experience in lieu of work experience will be considered;
- Must be available 3 days per week especially during afternoon hours;
- Ability to work independently and excellent time management skills are essential;
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Office;
- Must have home computer, access to email and capability to do light printing;
- Knowledge of local community resources;
- Bilingual in Spanish desired;
- Experience working with the youth preferred;
- Bachelor's degree or degree in progress desired.
We offer competitive wages and a variety of work schedules. To apply for this position, follow online instructions. Please visit our website at www.portfolioresidentservices.org for more details. EOE
- Location: Brownsville
- Working 53 hours per month.