Portland, OR

Portland, OR Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
School administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: i didnt have to bring my lunch to work, all employees eat for free.
Cons: i could take breaks any time i want.
I have volunteered at Slavic Christian Academy for the whole school year and I really liked it. Specially working with kids and their parents.
My day was like this
I come to work, parents starts droping their kids off and come to the office. I collect monthly payment for school and for lunch. Answer any of their questions. Did the atendance, who was – more... there who is not, if the person wasnt there I had to call the parents to see if everything is ok and if kid will come to school. Then I had to find any nice educational places to go on field trips, schedule them. Tyiping the notice to parent about the field trip and document to sign the parmition sleep. Before lunch time I helped in the cafeteria to to set up tables, plates for the lunch. Answer all the phone calls that came in. Pretty much I did everything that usually in most school working at this about seven to ten people. I learned so many things and receive lots of experience.
If the near future I would like to volunteer at that school again thats how much fun to work there. – less