Portland Community College Employee Reviews in United States

small classes
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 8, 2016
great one on one experience with the professors. friendly and inviting classrooms with professors who are the same. I would recommend pcc to anyone, thinking of expanding their portfolio.
Helpful Job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 8, 2016
I assisted student in Lab like building circuits, troubleshooting problems. Also, I helped teachers to prepare the lab like getting ready electrical equipment, preparing parts. I had a lot of time to practice electrical equipment and I was very happy to help out many students.
Pros
Learn more about my subjects and that was a happy time
Cons
low salary
taking care of our program animals
Portland, Oregon-Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2016
Students would come in the evenings, weekends, and holidays to care for our dogs, cats, and barn animals. our shifts consisted of 7:30 am until 12 pm for morning chores and from 5 pm to 7 pm for evenings
Work Duties
Instructional Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 26, 2016
My duties include opening of Student Learning Center, tracking and monitor Budgets, also maintain database of instructional materials.

Develop and proof final schedules, receive and process time sheets as well student payroll and any pay issues. Order supplies and equipment, answer phones, greet people in public.

Spoke to students about the SLC. Resolve a variety of office issues. Run daily reports using Banner and Argos, Able analyze and diagnose problems with computers. Perform any other related duties as assigned.

I loved my job!
Work Study
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2016
VA work study program for Veterans. Good team to work for and very relaxed work environment. Only available for Veterans.
Productive and busy workplace
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 17, 2016
Productive and busy filing bi-weekly and monthly timesheets I enjoyed very much working in this part of PCC Have attended college at Cascade since Sept 2009
Best job ever
Part-time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 9, 2016
A typical day is fast paced and exciting helping students develop their skills to help build america and live the american dream.
PCC Review Summary
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 2, 2016
The college has high turnover with higher ups. Most people who work there are there to promote themselves not the students. There is more institutional recognition than student recognition.
Friendly and helpful environment to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  n/aAugust 3, 2015
Portland Community College is a great place to learn and grow. The students and faculty are very helpful and friendly. Attending Portland Community College was a nice experience overall and helped to build many useful skills.
Relaxed diverse work place
Computer lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 23, 2015
Worked part time in office taking calls from online students. Help students with technical problems resulting from students using the online classroom management system. training was good and co-workers and bosses were understanding and helpful.
Awesome opportunity to work with students
EMS Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2015
Portland Community College EMS Department is a well-run, organized operation. The management is supportive of both the instructors and the students. The use of multi-media is one example of the progressive nature of this organization. My only reason for leaving was relocating to Hawaii.
Pros
Educating prospective students
Cons
Travel time
Awesome place to work
Evening Coordinator-Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rock CreekJuly 8, 2015
Great environment. No complaints.
Fun place to work and help those with educational goals. No politics and always nice people to work with.
Great environment and people to work with,
Front desk/customer service/switchboard (Current Employee) –  Beaverton OregonJuly 8, 2015
Meet and greet people as they come in, giving them information and directions.
Leaning different programs and getting things done quicker and more efficiently.
Co-workers are the best, so easy to get along with and always helpful.
Is when things are slow.
Greeting the people as they come in, helping them find what they need and hopefully making there day better in the process.
Pros
The people, benefits.
Cons
There are non.
Very helpful staff and great atmosphere of encouragement for learning.
Instructor, Psychology (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2015
In addition to classroom time, I spent time prepping Power Point presentations and lectures, as well as, reading and grading papers.

PCC was a very welcoming campus with staff that would bend over backwards to help in any way. I enjoyed teaching there and would love to do so again!
Very friendly, helpful community
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 3, 2015
I personally have only worked as a work study, but the experience was great. They have a very good flexible schedules and the work is fulfilling.
Great experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland OrJune 3, 2015
My time at Portland Community College was outstanding, I took the time to go through the hole program after dealing with some personal issues giving me time to regroup and and learn new skills in a soft economy. I had so many moments reflecting on how thing really work and what I've done wrong in the past. Despite the twenty years off and on as a mechanic I found my experience at PCC taught me new ways to approach problems and of course learning something new is fun to.
Pros
Education can be fun
Cons
Hi price of student loans
There are friendly work places, and managers work hard on helping employees.
library assistant (Current Employee) –  17705 NW Springville Rd, Portland, OR 97229June 3, 2015
I have been working in Portland Community College for 2 years. In 2013, I worked in Gym room as an assistant Gym room. I helped student on check in and out blocks as well as how to use materials in Gym. I also collected data of student and kept the information in computer. Now I'm working as library assistant in PCC. All my previous and my current managers are friendly and help me alot on getting used to bewith new environmental work places. I have a good relationship with my managers and my co-wokers. I love learn new things, so when I start a new job, I try my best to learn and shadow my manager and assiant managers to earn more experiences about my job. I prefer to help my co-workers and make friendly work place to make both my co-workers and my customers feel comfortable. The hardest part of my jobs is how to catch up all essential duties in each job in short time during training time and acquire higher level about experiences and speed in solving problems during shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is I always learn a lot new experiences and how to communicate and work in a team and individually.
Fun Place to work with benefits of helping foreigners learn English.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2015
I would see 2 to 3 students a day and I would work for an hour per student. They all had different levels of understanding and speaking ability so I learned the importance of being patient. The student would be from Mexico, Japan, or other foreign country so I learned about other students cultures through their eyes every day.

I was responsible for carrying on the conversation with a student and sometimes helping them with their homework. I feel that the hardest part of the job was understanding what the student was saying or meaning all the time. Their foreign accent was difficult to understand at all times.
Pros
Watching students grow in their conversational stills.
Cons
It was an unpaid position.
OK place to work
Outreach & Recruitment / Web Site Developer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 5, 2015
OK place to work, however, job advancement is very "cliquey." The whole tenure thing prevents hard workers from advancing over the slackers.
Cons
You will get a parking citation at least one
PCC is constantly changing to fulfill the needs of local communities and the job market
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2015
At PCC, you learn new academic skills, being around ambitious and young students and seasoned and experienced teachers and faculty is inspiring

4.3