Portneuf Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great
Registered Nurse (Labor and Delivery) (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 14, 2017
It was great place to work. I was sad to leave. They have a great staff and they all work together really well. It is also a very nice facility. Definitely recommend.
Best Job I have ever had
Certified Nursing Assistant, Full- time, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 17, 2017
Amazing staff, benefits, great working environment, love everyone! The best company I have ever worked for, always patient, available to work around busy school schedule. Always available for more or less hours. Staffed appropriately.
Pros
free lunches for night staff, reduced food in the day.
Cons
No cons, just wish i could move closer to work more
Awhile ago
Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 25, 2017
PMC has been bought out and change ownership multiple times since my employment there. I have heard good and bad from friends who still work at PMC and can't give an accurate answer.
Fast paced, Stressul, Exciting
Telecommunications Clerk/ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 7, 2017
Absolutely loved clerking in the ER, typical day consisted of taking doctor orders, ambulance reports, admitting patients, ordering x-rays, labs, etc. Multitasking a must have. Amazing nurses, techs, and physicians, the best I could have worked for. Best part of the job- the work environment and my coworkers.
Pros
Work environment, co workers
Cons
Compensation, work schedule
Great Company
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 23, 2017
I loved working for portneuf. Working for a hospital and in the ER you see a lot of things. My management team was awesome always there when needing help
Good management, advancement possibilities
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 23, 2017
Proactive department with continuing education on a regular basis. Good team work throughout the department. Equal division of workload between staff.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
busy
Full-time/ Part-time/ PRN (Former Employee) –  floorApril 23, 2017
Days start early here and end late if your buckled into the 7 to 7 shift that most of the hospital works around the clock. Hours vary depending on departments.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
not enough staff
very friendly co-workers
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 14, 2017
I was paid hourly and often felt like I was being micro managed on my time. I felt like my manager did not trust me to get all my hours in. I would have preferred independent contractor.

I was able to move to home based work very quickly.
na
Environmental Assistant (Housekeeping) (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 20, 2017
I learned a lot about the inner workings of the hopsital and what it takes to maintain a clean and sanitized environment, up to hospital standards.
Fun place to work at.
Admission Registrar (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 27, 2016
The people there are kind, fun and amazing to work for. They treat their employees wonderful, Very calm place. You can eat in the lunch room. They have picnic tables outside.
easy work environment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 22, 2016
the team work was exceptional, lot of support from management and good relations among co workers. Problem solving was done in a team effort , a positive atmosphere.
loved my job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 31, 2015
I loved my job as a housekeeperat Portneuf Medical Center.I enjoyed the interaction with the patience. When I would start work the first thing I would do was clean all my public areas. then I would get of the patients scheduled to be discharged. Then I would clean all of the patients rooms that were staying. I would save the discharged rooms for last ,that way I would end up cleaning them twice.
Pros
Loved interaction with patients
Cons
some times no time for breaks because of the amount of patients on the floor.
fast paced work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 4, 2015
Work that is rewarding, but not valued by management. Every day is insteresting with all the codes and emergencies in the ER.
fast
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  pocatello, idahoAugust 17, 2015
working for portneuf was an amazing experience for me, fast pace hospital, great supervisors, employees and hospital to work for.
They really work with the employees to find a good work/life balance.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 29, 2015
I worked there for 15 years and was sad to leave. They worked with me through several transitions, illness, and job changes. We started the days with hit the ground running mentality and everyone pitched in to help each other. I still keep in touch with many of my former co-workers. Some days we would have 13 surgeries on our floor with 21 beds, but somehow made it through. The physical therapy dept, along with respiratory always was there to help when needed. I always appreciated the Rapid Response team from ICU who would always come and assess a pt who was having difficulties. It was a good secure feeling that they had our back. I learned that everyone has something to contribute and a variety of knowledge is something to be grateful for.
Pros
They usually made a big deal out of nurses week and holidays, There was always snacks, coffee available.
Cons
The computers weren't always able to talk to each other, There was alot of double charting.
Great Place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 8, 2015
I enjoy working at Portneuf Medical Center. Everyone is great to work with. Even though some days can be super busy its a great place to work. It is also nice only working 3 twelve hour shifts!
many advancement opportunities
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 26, 2015
I learned so much in my 6 years at Portneuf. I was part of building a Hospitalist program that was so crucial to the hospital and patients.
Pros
autonomy and growth
Cons
Overall a great place to work at
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 22, 2015
Portneuf is a great place to be employed at but the compensation for this specific job is terrible. It's a job requiring national certification that earns you 50 cents more then housekeeping, dollars less then other area hospitals and 10x the responsibility and accountability. Plus there really is only one position with in central processing to aspire to that opens up when the coordinator retires.

PTO is great, insurance is great, staff in other departments are great and even the upper management take time to come around and meet everyone. It's nice to have the CEO know me by name
Pros
4 week schedules, great insurance and PTO
Cons
low pay
Professional staff second to none!
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 9, 2014
Working at Portneuf Medical Center was a very positive experience. I was supported by management in my efforts to improve services and expand programs. I had the opportunity to work with the most dedicated nursing, physician, and ancillary staff than I have seen anywhere in my 30 plus years of working in behavioral health.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, fast paced emergency room where team work was a critical component for positive patient outcomes
Cons
No "cons" that could not be discussed and resolved
good
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  pocatello idahoJune 5, 2014
I really enjoyed working at the hospital. I love taking care of people. It was a good place to work for.