Portola Packaging Employee Reviews

Loved this job and all the women I worked with.
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  1450 Coraporate WayJune 8, 2017
Loved this job. Ran 3 cap producing machines, made boxes, took shots every 30 minutes, labeled each box for caps, placed boxes turn table for cap to load into , closed plastic bags of caps , sealed boxes with tape, placed boxes on pallets, removed with hand Jack.
Pros
Just Loved this job and the ladies I worked with.
Cons
Always new things to learn
maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 12, 2014
Busy schedule with new equipment to always learn.Management seems to stay on top of things.Co-workers very friendly.Hardest is keeping up but rewarding.
Awesome experience
Production / Operations (Former Employee) –  Kingsport TnMay 22, 2014
Spent three years there in working in production. Wasn't easy at first but the changes implemented went a long way. Great staff there and very loyal workforce that desires to do the right thing. Long hours was only because of the rate of growth we were experiencing which is a great thing as it ensures Kingsport stays on the map. Made life long friends working there and the senior leadership team was top notch.
Pros
Great people, clean environment, process driven facility with unlimited potential
Cons
Corporate meddled around a little too much for my taste.
High School Job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 10, 2014
Flexible Schedule, they let me work after 5, and on weekends
plant closed
Tooling Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILOctober 14, 2013
plant closed - people were let go with little warning

typical day consisted of overseeing 4 great mold repair technicians that did an amazing job
fun learning experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 23, 2013
Great learning experience. Fun work place where I enjoyed supervising my team. I had a great bond with my co workers and enjoyed training them and helping them become part of a great shift.
Pros
Taking classes on job site that helped in advancement
Cons
Had to work under extreme stress for a good portion of time there
Was once an leader in the packaging industry
Technical (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RIJanuary 16, 2013
This company has lost track of it's simple goal of being profitable. To much focus was on saving money instead of making money. I was able to excell when not micro managed. Seasoned employees should be relied upon. Their experience is your sucess. The hardest part my my job was the person I reported to and eventually our division's collapase. The most enjoyable part of my job was my work family which I miss very much.
Pros
was a great place to craft my abilities.
Cons
misguided management.
very productive fast paste your apart of a team very friendly
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 17, 2012
Packed containers and re-pack damaged containers.Read work orders or received oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.Recorded numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.Prepared pallets by following prescribed stacking arrangement and properly tagging pallets.Responsible for careful handling of all merchandise to avoid damage. Reported defect in molds to supervisor. Executed daily operations of caps. Developed production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance and other operational reports, to detect production problems.Made sure that products were produced on time and are of good quality.
Pros
safety lunches