POS Portal Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work!
Jr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2016
Full of the some of the smartest and hardworking people you'll ever be around. Fast paced and dedicated to excellence is the credo here.

I truly valued my 10 years of working with this company and had it not been for moving my family out of state I would have still been there.

Great execs here and they intend on leading the company to greater heights.

Can't say it enough...it's a great place to work.
Pros
All kinds
Cons
No remote work, facilities only in CA and KY, need facility in AZ
Stay away from this place! Louisville operation center.
Equipment picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 12, 2015
I worked in the Louisville warehouse and I must say that it was ran like a sweat shop. I was lied to first off about what hours I would be working. I was scheduled 10:30 to 7 and was told on my first day that we would be working 10 to 10 until further notice. I eventually found out from a fellow employee that they were originally working 14 to 15 hour days. Then I started to notice that most employees were only taking their lunch breaks and not their regularly scheduled 10 minute breaks that are supposed to be taken every 4 hours. When you did take your breaks, the vice president of operations and management were constantly coming into the break room to see who was in there. On my first day, someone was let go after a few weeks for supposedly talking too much. He was a good worker and kept busy helping everyone while also making it a fun atmosphere to be in. The one positive thing I will say is that all of my fellow associates were easy to get along with and very helpful with any problems you may have had. Most of them had only been in the department for a few weeks and were only hired on as temps. I only worked for the company for a week and saw so many people let go for ridiculous reasons, such as being too slow on their first week of employment. I consider myself a very hard working individual and stay very professional at work. I felt like upper management was constantly keeping an eye on people for no reason at all. My department had actually been excelling at digging into the massive back log that this place had. I urge anyone who may be applying to save yourself some  more... grief and stay away from this place. They lure you in with the promise of good culture, good pay, and good benefits. Only the good pay applies, but you won't be able to get any benefits from this as they don't keep anybody hired on for very long.  less
Pros
Fellow associates, pay
Cons
Upper management, ridiculous hours, lack of proper break times, no culture.
we have two tvs and a coffee machine
SENIOR MATERAIL CONTROL ASSOC COLLATRAL (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2016
I love this job because no one looks over your shoulder. we know what to do and they trust us to do the best job for the company. they have bingo at work on wed they even have employee of the month parking. the boss are very helpful with any problem, you may have
Pros
free lunch on friday have united healthcare insurance
management sucked
shipping (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caSeptember 10, 2015
played sports during break everyday. supervisor took it personal when our team was beating their team constantly. challenged me for one on one basketball for lunch. I won. then got sick a few days later with doctors not. told me not to come back to work.
Pros
overall people are good there just a few bad apples
Cons
management
Positive work area, team members are positive and eager to help when needed
Lease Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Typical day go in every one you pass says Good Morning, clock in review all emails for any incoming assignments. Make a few phone calls to request for documents needed etc. Learned a few things needed in order to have lease application sent to underwriter. Management was always available in which I learned a lot from. Co workers were like family. The hardest thing about the job is when potential lease applicants do not follow up in a timely manner, The most enjoyable part of the job is when the applicant has been approved and you can actually hear their excitement through the phone or even through email.
Pros
free smoothies and awesome health care
Cons
n/a
Company has a lot of potential, great energy, great people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2015
I had previously worked as an Account Manager for six years before taking a position with P.O.S. Portal in their Client Services dept. I started working there under and with former peers. Documentation was poor as there were not a lot of written procedures, learning and training was on the fly, and the workload seemed manageable, but would require additional hours. The account portfolio grew, resulting in additional accounts being added. The workload continued to grow and the balance of work and quality of life shifted. The peers were great, and I met some incredible people. I enjoyed the accounts and the work, but at the sacrifice to my family.
I learned quite a bit in regards to systems, data flow, and billing. Tasked with creating a manual monthly billing file through excel and reconciling it;was not a good fit and became the most time consuming and hardest activity in the dept. Learning about the company, the accounts, and how to support them through the day to day activities is painful and hands on.
Most enjoyable were the people and the collaboration. I'd work again with a designated few at any company in the future.
Pros
Great people and clients
Cons
Workload and lack of procedures and documentation
Easy place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2015
Usually temp to hire. Start with cleaning and organize individually then move your way up. Must be able to work quickly and work as a team.
I enjoyed my co-workers
SR. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2015
I worked with multiple clients providing reports and making sure they were satisfied with our products and services. I spent a lot of time in client meetings.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Little too much office politics
Good Work Environment
Software Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2014
Overall POS Portal is a great place to work. Good people, good leadership, and fun environment.

2.6