POSITIVE PROMOTIONS

POSITIVE PROMOTIONS United States Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Maintenance Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYNovember 25, 2014
A day at positive was fixing and repair all (equipment

Being part of team and learn new skills every day

Always have a two communication with management

Always be part of team a help your co-workers

Finshing the job on time

Always finshing jobs by the of day
Good People
Production Artist/Silk Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great boss/long lunch
Cons: no room for advancement
I work 8-4:30 i've learned while working here the operating of screen printing and the process that it takes to get into getting everything ready. I've learned how to separate artwork for multi. color t-shirts i've learned to look for flaws in artwork that will make them not work and to avoid to be re-done and fall behind. I've worked with my supervisor for 3 years now he is understand and helps when i can't figure something out and shows me new ways to fix some minor issues. There really is no hardest part of the job its all about time management and how to best use the time you have to make sure that everything gets done. I like the fact i've learned the different ways of screen printing.
Busy but great work environment
Customer Service Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Extremely fair management. Family owned business where the President of company was hands on and knew everyone' name.
Avoid working for this vendor unless your look to be unemployed shortly thereafter.
rather not say (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 31, 2014
Cons: too many to name
Avoid working for this vendor, unless you wish to be unemployed shortly thereafter. This is a low class company with the least amount of integrity imaginable. This is for your own good. Don't walk, run as far away as you can. There customers should do the same.
okay place to work.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Everyone there was very nice, except I was basically the only English speaking lady there. Everyone would make me feel welcomed as much as they could. I go to work, to do just that.. work so overall its a pretty nice place.
Unproductive misrable,
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Cons: every thing from building up keep, lazy managment, poorly run company, wasteful spending, poor moral, manamgemt steals from the company. very out dated in there way of doing business
The company is poorly run, management abuse the use of the company cellphones to call people and all different hrs . I have learned not how to treat people, co workers can be nice but most are miserable people. The hardest part of job is dealing with lack of direction within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job Is punching out at the end of the day .
Nothing available or open for promotions
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Huntington, NYFebruary 1, 2014
to collect orders through the warehouse and ship them throughout the country
avoid this company
Shipping clerk (Current Employee), hauppage nyOctober 30, 2013
Pros: there arent any pros
Cons: read above
supervisors and management are unsympathetic to employees needs. rob you of your breaks, mandate that you work overtime and weekends.....that's illegal!!!!
avoid this company at all costs!
This is where your dreams come to die!
Marketing (Former Employee), HauppaugeOctober 30, 2013
Cons: low morale, bad benefits, no room for growth, no respect at work, extra long meetings... and the list goes on
If you have ambition, ideas, work ethic and a drive to succeed than this is NOT the place for you.

The Senior senior level management is super ignorant, has bad manners and bad hygiene. Common thing you'll notice at this place is someone picking their nose during meetings, spitting their food while speaking, sleeping during presentations and not knowing how to speak to other people. The upper level management doesn't get technology or cares about it employees and is more concerned with drama than figuring out how to better the company.

The only happy employees, I think, are all in the Customer Service Department. The employees in the marketing team are great but their morale died the day they joined this company. There is no appreciation for hard work, no real benefits, no respect from the CEO/upper level managers, no room for growth and no one to make any solid changes.

Oh and all the promises that you get made on the offer about this being a great place to work and there's tons of room to growth.. are ALL lies. Do yourself a favor and seriously keep looking unless you want to wake up every morning and dread going to work!
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Very Busy call center.
Applied my skills to the job and learned how to create a better bond with customers and how to better assist them.
Management was OK.
Co-workers were all team players and great to be around.
Good trainers as well, Hard working people.
Hardest part of my job was being patient with rude customers.
I enjoyed every part of my job except the rude, disrespectful customers.
horrible.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJuly 31, 2013
Cons: boring stressfull job with no gain
everything unorganized wrong shipping times wrong shipping labels no shipping labels. co workers used drugs including management right on the grounds this job sucked.
high turn over
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJuly 13, 2013
call center environment. work hard and are under paid. high turn over rate. weekly check.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJuly 10, 2013
Pros: employee recognition
Cons: no healthcare provided
A typical day at work was spent answering calls.
I learned that alot of companies appreciate their employees.
Managament was nice.
Co-workers were fun.
The hardest part of the job was upselling.
Comfortable work enviornment
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great learning experience, able to move lateral to different departments learning all aspects of company
Cons: not a long term job in which you can retire from, there aren’t enough incentives given to keep employees long term
• A typical day would consist of assisting customers, helping co-workers
• I learned better time management and team play
• My managers were very helpful
• My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with
• The hardest part of the job during busy season where the call volume is very high because the demand for help is higher
• The reward of actually helping people giving the correct information and giving great service
Atmosphere is laid back
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYJune 19, 2013
Depends can be busy or in slow season drags.
Learner how to deal with different types of coworkers.
Not So Positive
Marketing (Former Employee), HauppaugeMay 23, 2013
Pros: it's like boot camp after this you will survive anywhere
Cons: no reviews, no recognition, no team collaboration, minimal vacation time, work late hours, no overtime, little advancement, no raises ect.
For a company that promotes employee recognition and team building strategies, don't expect any here. Depending on the department you work in your experience with the company can vary - In my experience I would spend an average of 20 hours a week in meetings, rarely leave on time, expect to work weekends as well, minimal vacation time, no communication between departments, overloaded with projects that are rarely even looked at - most deadlines are constantly pushed off by executive staff, no reviews, no recognition, no training - its sink or swim so you learn quickly. There are a few good ones at the company that are willing to help show you the way. I would say Positive Promotions is an ok company to start at; take what you can from it and learn everything you need so that you can move on.
My first telemarketing job.
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 21, 2013
Pros: a lot of nice co workers
Cons: this job was only seasonal
This job was nice but had no advancement at all. The team was very nice as well
It was job a stepping stone job.
Customer Service /Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hauppague, NYMarch 27, 2013
Very stressful job. THis place was very demanding and the managment was'nt very nice to their employees. You were constantly on the phone, you werent allowed to talked to your fellow co-workers, you had to stay in your seat at all times. I didnt learn anything except the computer fucntions to do the job. The hardest part of the job was that its was so demanding. And their productuivity was very bad. Nothing was enjoyable about the job.
Productive, nice place to work with Halloween fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free turkey, employee appreciation lunches and christmas party
Cons: overtime with out compensation for salary employees
Fun place to work, during Halloween the office hours shorten for a Halloween custome partyfor 2-3 hours. There is a Christmas party and free turkeys for the employees during Thanksgiving as well as customer appericiation day. However, you could be fired or laid off at any moment.
WONDERFUL COMPANY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 16, 2013
Pros: help always available
Cons: being told to log off ealier than expected due to slow day
Worked at home to fit my schedule. Great training, management. Co-workers (at their homes and in office) were generally congenial, helpful. Loved talking to customers and problem solving. Hardest part was dealing with angry customers but learned how to handle it. Wish I could work there again. Highly recommended!