POSITIVE PROMOTIONS Employee Reviews

Rarely satisfying, not all bad
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 1, 2017
A typical day at positive....
-Stock is missing
-Justifiably angry customer call and wants what they ordered and paid for a month and a half ago
-Employees send hundreds of emails to one another that ultimately never get answered and communicates through a system that was outdated in the 90's
-Management huddles in a room and discusses recognizable issues that never get resolved
-Overtime is good for most people during the busy seasons, outside of those 4-5 months spread throughout the year - there is no available overtime, no reviews or raises often
-The politics are slowing the company down

-Outside of management the people you work with are very friendly
-Paid time off is always nice
-The work can be challenging but rewarding
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Benefits aren't that great, Management decreases morale with their approach, stressful when busy
fun co workers
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 14, 2017
positive promotions was a great starting point in a warehouse. the hours are good. lots of parking and close to long island rail road. best part of day was clocking out.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
short breaks under paid for work provided
Fine place to work with a tight knit group of coworkers.
Artist (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 17, 2017
Positive promotions is a fine place for a first job with not much room for growth. Coworkers are all enjoyable to work with. Decent benefits and flexible hours.
The most ghetto work environment
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 4, 2017
I was promised to advance within the company which i did but did not receive compensation for my advancement, during my tenure there i did not receive one raise and was told i would so.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No advancement what so ever
productive
cleaning and packing (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 16, 2017
is good company, a lot staff work, the work is only temporary, but you work very fun with the people. the salary is minimum, is a big company. i like working with them.
Pros
some time give me free lunch
Cons
two breaks
Dead line orientated. Comfortable environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 11, 2017
Positive is a fun place to work. we are a catalog company with a call center, marketing dept and warehouse. seasonal busy times are rewarded with free lunches and raffles. i currently work in the circulation dept, getting the mail lists to the vendors. very deadline orientated with a lot of last minute changes by the CEO
poor management and no support
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 10, 2017
the atmosphere was very aggressive and stressful. the sales support barely helped. old equipment the company never put money back into itself to stay update with manufacturing streamlining. outdated systems and very old building
call center blues
Event Sales (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 24, 2016
felt like a minority,
15 min break was added to 30 min lunch no other break the whole day on a 1030 to 7pm shift
no carpet in call center only recently received a file cabinet
asked for my desk to be moved and everyone around me did instead
Productive Work Enviorment, not much order.
Data Entry Lead/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 10, 2015
Typical day at work consist of getting suited up with a harness and mounting a machine. Orders are place at the dispatch center. we have to pick the quantities of the merchandise and move it into the production area.
I learned to drive any warehouse machinery (propane or battery).
Also learned how to run a AS400 Computer program and create files using a Filemaker PRO.
Nothing in this job was hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with. always managed to keep a positive attitude which made the day shorter and the work efficient.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
mandatory over time for company assosiates
Anything but positive
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2015
The company is micro-managed by the CEO so don't be expected to be trusted. No matter how senior you are, you are told what to do.
The company culture is chaotic. The office area is not clean. The benefits are horrible. Work here to get a pay check or as a stepping stone. It's definitely not for the long run. Too toxic a place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
too many to list
Detail oriented position, requiring attention to detail and excellent listening skills
Customer Service Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, New York ( Long Island)October 20, 2015
Positive Promotions had very flexible hours to fit your busy schedule.
Management always reviewed your techniques with the customers.
This company is a gift company that helps clients celebrate holidays.
Co-workers were very pleasant to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many diversified clients, and servicing them.
stressful but fun
Assistant supervising crew lead (Current Employee) –  hauppauge nySeptember 14, 2015
the job is simple you either are a picker, packer, shipper or assemblyman all positions work in relation to one another. you learn how to use as400, clippership, and worldship as well has hand jacks. it gets very stressful from all the miscommunication from the different departments and shifts but many of the people make it a worth while job.
overall a good workplace
packer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
working there really tested my patience for others, of course in a workplace there are going to be ups and downs but at the end of the day im there to work .
Pros
if you worked over time you get 2 breaks
Cons
people took pictures and videos of others without permission
positve promotions easy pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 3, 2015
Positive promotions is a good company to work for , but I feel I have reached my limit working there. It is a very easy job to work for but it is very hard to expand in the company. I have no problem with the job but at the age I am at and the experience I have occurred over the years with customer service I would like to better myself and move forward with a company that is willing to work and let people grow.
Pros
breast cancer walk on the beach, live karoke in the summer time
Cons
low pay, hard to move up, job not secure, very laxed company
A decent place to work
Call Center and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 10, 2015
I enjoyed the job of taking orders that customers would place, to me it was helping them out to what they needed and Im a people person so to me this was a non stressful type of job .

I also moved up to being a team leader , so if my co workers needed help I would be able to provide them with assistant. I would trouble shoot when a customer had any issues and to make sure I satisfied their problems
marketing
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 8, 2015
family owned company. opportunities for advancement. fun work environment, competitive salary and they also do lots of charity work. overall a good work experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 29, 2015
Great place to work, constant activity and managers and supervisors were helpful even after training with no backlash.
Cons
will never make a decent pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 27, 2015
not place to work if you are looking to get a decent pay for your hard work-you can work there for years and not receive a raise.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 28, 2015
I had good coworkers and learned a lot from their experience. The customers are great. I could really help them and make a difference. Lots of overtime.
Pros
Lots of overtime!
Cons
Not all the equipment is up to date
fun workplace
Maintenance Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 25, 2014
A day at positive was fixing and repair all (equipment

Being part of team and learn new skills every day

Always have a two communication with management

Always be part of team a help your co-workers

Finshing the job on time

Always finshing jobs by the of day