POSITIVE PROMOTIONS Employee Reviews

poor management and no support
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 10, 2017
the atmosphere was very aggressive and stressful. the sales support barely helped. old equipment the company never put money back into itself to stay update with manufacturing streamlining. outdated systems and very old building
Anything but positive
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2015
The company is micro-managed by the CEO so don't be expected to be trusted. No matter how senior you are, you are told what to do.
The company culture is chaotic. The office area is not clean. The benefits are horrible. Work here to get a pay check or as a stepping stone. It's definitely not for the long run. Too toxic a place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
too many to list
Not So Positive
Marketing (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeMay 23, 2013
For a company that promotes employee recognition and team building strategies, don't expect any here. Depending on the department you work in your experience with the company can vary - In my experience I would spend an average of 20 hours a week in meetings, rarely leave on time, expect to work weekends as well, minimal vacation time, no communication between departments, overloaded with projects that are rarely even looked at - most deadlines are constantly pushed off by executive staff, no reviews, no recognition, no training - its sink or swim so you learn quickly. There are a few good ones at the company that are willing to help show you the way. I would say Positive Promotions is an ok company to start at; take what you can from it and learn everything you need so that you can move on.
Pros
It's like boot camp after this you will survive anywhere
Cons
No reviews, no recognition, no team collaboration, minimal vacation time, work late hours, no overtime, little advancement, no raises ect.
Detail oriented position, requiring attention to detail and excellent listening skills
Customer Service Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, New York ( Long Island)October 20, 2015
Positive Promotions had very flexible hours to fit your busy schedule.
Management always reviewed your techniques with the customers.
This company is a gift company that helps clients celebrate holidays.
Co-workers were very pleasant to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many diversified clients, and servicing them.
Good People
Production Artist/Silk Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 7, 2014
I work 8-4:30 i've learned while working here the operating of screen printing and the process that it takes to get into getting everything ready. I've learned how to separate artwork for multi. color t-shirts i've learned to look for flaws in artwork that will make them not work and to avoid to be re-done and fall behind. I've worked with my supervisor for 3 years now he is understand and helps when i can't figure something out and shows me new ways to fix some minor issues. There really is no hardest part of the job its all about time management and how to best use the time you have to make sure that everything gets done. I like the fact i've learned the different ways of screen printing.
Pros
Great Boss/Long Lunch
Cons
No room for advancement
marketing
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 8, 2015
family owned company. opportunities for advancement. fun work environment, competitive salary and they also do lots of charity work. overall a good work experience.
positve promotions easy pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 3, 2015
Positive promotions is a good company to work for , but I feel I have reached my limit working there. It is a very easy job to work for but it is very hard to expand in the company. I have no problem with the job but at the age I am at and the experience I have occurred over the years with customer service I would like to better myself and move forward with a company that is willing to work and let people grow.
Pros
breast cancer walk on the beach, live karoke in the summer time
Cons
low pay, hard to move up, job not secure, very laxed company
Productive, nice place to work with Halloween fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 20, 2013
Fun place to work, during Halloween the office hours shorten for a Halloween custome partyfor 2-3 hours. There is a Christmas party and free turkeys for the employees during Thanksgiving as well as customer appericiation day. However, you could be fired or laid off at any moment.
Pros
free turkey, employee appreciation lunches and christmas party
Cons
overtime with out compensation for salary employees
This is where your dreams come to die!
Marketing (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeOctober 30, 2013
If you have ambition, ideas, work ethic and a drive to succeed than this is NOT the place for you.

The Senior senior level management is super ignorant, has bad manners and bad hygiene. Common thing you'll notice at this place is someone picking their nose during meetings, spitting their food while speaking, sleeping during presentations and not knowing how to speak to other people. The upper level management doesn't get technology or cares about it employees and is more concerned with drama than figuring out how to better the company.

The only happy employees, I think, are all in the Customer Service Department. The employees in the marketing team are great but their morale died the day they joined this company. There is no appreciation for hard work, no real benefits, no respect from the CEO/upper level managers, no room for growth and no one to make any solid changes.

Oh and all the promises that you get made on the offer about this being a great place to work and there's tons of room to growth.. are ALL lies. Do yourself a favor and seriously keep looking unless you want to wake up every morning and dread going to work!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Low Morale, Bad Benefits, No room for growth, No respect at work, Extra long meetings... and the list goes on
Productive Work Enviorment, not much order.
Data Entry Lead/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 10, 2015
Typical day at work consist of getting suited up with a harness and mounting a machine. Orders are place at the dispatch center. we have to pick the quantities of the merchandise and move it into the production area.
I learned to drive any warehouse machinery (propane or battery).
Also learned how to run a AS400 Computer program and create files using a Filemaker PRO.
Nothing in this job was hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with. always managed to keep a positive attitude which made the day shorter and the work efficient.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
mandatory over time for company assosiates
Executive staff abrasive and power hungry. Run fast.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  MarketingJanuary 12, 2013
Pay was ok. Long hours. Meetings scheduled for after hours. Executive staff mean and abrasive. Insensitive management and HR. Poor employee morale. Vacation days minimal. Working conditions dirty. No employee recognition, etc. I could go on. Just turn around and find another job opportunity.
will never make a decent pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 27, 2015
not place to work if you are looking to get a decent pay for your hard work-you can work there for years and not receive a raise.
Comfortable work enviornment
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 1, 2013
• A typical day would consist of assisting customers, helping co-workers
• I learned better time management and team play
• My managers were very helpful
• My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with
• The hardest part of the job during busy season where the call volume is very high because the demand for help is higher
• The reward of actually helping people giving the correct information and giving great service
Pros
Great learning experience, able to move lateral to different departments learning all aspects of company
Cons
Not a long term job in which you can retire from, There aren’t enough incentives given to keep employees long term
A fun and positive atmosphere to work in. Love the products the company promoted.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, N.Y.August 27, 2012
A typical day of work was me logging onto my phone the signing on the computer. Then I would wait for my first order so I can see if the item is instock, if so then I will proceed to place the order. If an item the customer wanted was not instock then I will shop with the customer on the phone for the next best item. Positive Promotions taught me alot about health, bullying,drugs, food portions, and etc. Positive Promotions produces positive products that are sold to schools, hospitals, goverment buildings, & churches. My co-workers were very helpful and nice. Mostly everyone had an "Positive Attidude". The hardest part of my job was not being able to met a customers needs no matter how hard I tried. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to satisfy an unpleasant customer.
Pros
the pros of the job was recieving company product which we can promote or donate for a good cause.
Cons
the cons was having to walk off company property for a cigarette but, in the end it helped me cut down.
Working at Positive is a "Dead end" Job.
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 21, 2012
It is a "sweat-shop" the company out-sources to India a lot of the work and instead of having a full time job, you end up working part time. Their products are purchased from China instead of made in the USA. The working conditions are "BAD" and the jobs are often "seasonal" this Company will hire then fire people so that they can under pay their workers. There are very few long term employees working at "Positive" Promotions. There is not much opportunity for growth.
Pros
close location to lie.
Cons
short lunch break, low pay, many people loss their jobs.
Unproductive misrable,
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 16, 2014
The company is poorly run, management abuse the use of the company cellphones to call people and all different hrs . I have learned not how to treat people, co workers can be nice but most are miserable people. The hardest part of job is dealing with lack of direction within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job Is punching out at the end of the day .
Pros
Cons
Every thing from building up keep, lazy managment, poorly run company, wasteful spending, poor moral, manamgemt steals from the company. very out dated in there way of doing business

Comment – March 3, 2016

You Hit The nail right on the Head my friend, every thing about this place is a horror show , from the top down.

Good Company, bad pay and benefits
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 10, 2012
Good work environment, benefits are very expensive, upper management fair, lower management very good
Pros
good work environment
Cons
bad pay and benefits
seasonal warehouse position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 19, 2012
A typical day at Positive Promotions was busy, because it was seasonal. I've learned the value of customers smiles over the phone, it was a big productive warehouse, the co-workers were easy going worked well as a team, there was no hard part of the job and I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
the pros was that i enjoyed postitive promotions
Cons
there were no cons
Positively Purrfect Place to Work
Customer Service / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 25, 2012
My typical day at work included
Identify, investigate and resolve account-specific issues related to billing and customer service
Processed inbound general sales and imprint telephone orders via AS4oo system
Provided order status and customer service
Outbound collection for large revenue distributor accounts using 30-361 day aging reports(4oo calls per week)
Extensive skip trace
Attended weekly department productivity meetings
Processed telecheck by phone payments
Processed credit card payments
Created, faxed, mailed invoices
Responsible for training new employees, responding to escalated customer service calls or emails
Expediting orders, issuing credits, reviewing daily rush and pull previous order logs
Trained and coached new employees
Attended quarterly marketing focus meetings
Assisted product database manager with creating product specifications for current and upcoming catalogs
Researched and entered product specifications(item number, description, color, size, vendor, unit cost, key code, packaging)
Assigned marketing key codes to internet orders for campaign tracking
Maintained schedule for catalogue drop dates
Proofread catalog setup, fax specials and mailings for project managers
Responded to customer /call center inquiries regarding item specifications
Attended weekly catalog update meetings

I had the pleasure of working for PP twice and I had the opportunity to learn a passion for providing exceptional customer service as well as many marketing and sales skills.

I must say if there was an issue management particularly Human Resources resolved the issues fairly
  more... and impartially, promptly and professionally.

There were some rude, immature, and unprofessional coworkers however the POSITIVE coworkers and working environment and perks far outweighed the bad. The company has then conducted a major overhaul of management and staff which has enhanced their brand.

I honestly can not say there was a difficult part of the job.

However, I could go on forever about the enjoyable part of working at PP, The call center incentives during busy season..raffles, giveaways, call center bingo are so much fun. The annual company picnic in the summer, Holloween Costume contest, and Holiday Party are beyond AMAZING.The call center director, was a daily dose of Sunshine which motivated you to come to work. There is also a great opportunity for advancement. I also love the fact the president and owner is approachable and a people person. You will find him in meetings, in the warehouse and definitely in the call center and training rooms-welcoming new trainees, and asking reps feedback regarding sales calls and the company.

At PP you work hard but you play harder and the president/owner definitely knows how to have fun and reward his employees.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WORKING HERE! You will not regret it.
Pros
positive, encouraging, fun working atmosphere
Cons
rude, immature, unprofessional coworkers
Wonderful company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 16, 2013
Worked at home to fit my schedule. Great training, management. Co-workers (at their homes and in office) were generally congenial, helpful. Loved talking to customers and problem solving. Hardest part was dealing with angry customers but learned how to handle it. Wish I could work there again. Highly recommended!
Pros
help always available
Cons
being told to log off ealier than expected due to slow day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at POSITIVE PROMOTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4