Post Acute Medical Employee Reviews

Collaborative and friendly environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2018
Very fast paced. You see patients for an hour depending on the services that they are required to receive per doctors orders. They have a collaborative atmosphere and everyone is very patient centered.
Upper management only cared about making money and their bonus
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I hated my job. Patient acuity was never looked at. Nursing staff blamed for everything. Management never fixed or disciplined issues that were brought up...risk of losing my license everyday I worked
Productive and fun
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LouisianaJanuary 6, 2018
Post acute was a amazing place to work, awesome employees, awesome Doctors, awesome patients we were a family , great teamwork overall, I hate to have to leave this hospital, great place to work!
Pros
Just knowing we had the best staff
Cons
We had the best staff
Excellent
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 6, 2018
Excellent staff to work with and manage. We made a difference every day in people’s lives. Would have stayed but the hospital is closing. Everyone was very sad.
productive and educational workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 28, 2017
I love working at Post Acute. Everyone friendly and make u feel welcome. I work with a great team. My manager is the best. I have an awesome flexible schedule while I am in school.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
census low not enough hrs
Poor training and corporate is rude and create high stress
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2017
Not a friendly environment to work. Staff is constantly stressed out, training is poor. Very high turnover with employees in all departments. Everyone who has left says they felt the corporate stress and unprofessionalism. Also when asked for my old job back after taking a new position that did not work out they made a bunch of excuses, after promising I would have it back before I attempted the new position. Staff that has stayed have cliques and create a very uncomfortable work environment. Lots of backstabbing. Upper levels are rude and demeaning. If everyome is nice its because they are scared for their future in this company.
Great Learning experience
Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 7, 2017
Its what you make of it, lots of different types of care. Management was new when I came but I really liked my job. Its is a hard job but its what you make it.
Cut throat is an understatement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 28, 2017
Huge staffing problems that management created and refuses to take responsibility for. Serious problems with charge nurses that are a huge liability to a company, especially ones that want to make big money. More than likely you will be facing litigation due to violent charge nurses at north. Management has taken away pertinent supplies for basic patient care, guess what your patients and families know this! Lastly, a lot of staff has been around a while, the fact that you freely admit you do not like the close knit camaraderie of the staff, well that speaks volumes for your work ethic!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management chops clinical staff to add administrative staff
Poor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIOctober 17, 2017
Lack of teamwork. Turnover is high because staff treat new employees bad. No orientation. Poor patient care. Frequent care errors. The employees are unaccountable and cannot be led.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Corporate has very ineffective leaders who are bullies
I was already very familiar with this job. Same building different company.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 16, 2017
Very repetitive, I learned unfortunately that a difference between position levels can be made. Management needed some work on decision making over all. Loved the physical environment of the work place.
Pros
Worked there before very familiar to me
Cons
No insurance and not enough work hours
Stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 30, 2017
The job was very stressful. We were expected to work long hours and we're assigned to many patients to be effective. The aides were not helpful. I was on my own for total patient care.
It's sad when the manager starts the mess and choose favorites.
Food Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I almost wish I wouldn't have started working there. My boss was so messy and had favorites. She hired ppl inway after me making more. Other than that I love workin in the Field.
unprofessional
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 25, 2017
They call you for a job... you interview and get hired on the spot... they do the back ground check and all the necessary employment requirements and then NOTHING... no returned phone calls or emails... nothing!!
Stressful working enviroment
Directr of Buisness Development (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 24, 2017
stressful
a start up is difficult
poor management
culture is stressful
trying to work with a management team that has no idea what they are doing
the pay
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of knowledge and support from corporate
Very busy, lots of learning experience.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 8, 2017
I like the job, the experience. I am going to school so I like the things I get to see first hand in this type of setting. Unfortunately they are closing.
fun work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 31, 2017
fun work place wirh good comradary. Great benefits, flexible. family oriented and understanding to home or family issues. fast paced but very rewarding job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
stressful at times
Bad place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 23, 2017
I use to love this place. The patient to cna ratio is ridiculous. 14 To 17 patients a day. And someone always has patients on two different units. Running back and forth from one wing to the other all day trying to keep your patients safe and happy is just impossible. Then were to blame if someone falls because we cant be on two units at the same time. Were also accused of telling patients and families were short staffed, which we are, but they see this for themselves. Some of the nurses are so lazy its pathetic that they even get paid more than the cna's. Do. We work long 12 hours days only to be threatened to have our weekends taken away. Not so much life balance. Forget about advancement. They'll hire outside friends first. And management, they don't listen, don't care. Runs all the good ones off. Enough said. Take a job here. Go ahead. You'll see.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Poor pay for the work asked of you. To many patients per cna
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 2, 2017
Management sucks. No compassion for employees. Not enough staff
Terrible place to work. Won't recommend to anyone patient staff ratio is off. Cna workers are overworked and underpaid
Cons
Does the care of the Patient REALLY matter to this company
Clinical (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
It's outlined that the company CARES for the patient. In working here, I've become absolutely jaded, and realized that this company only cares about the monetary benefits of filling a bed. From subpar equipment in the rehab gym, to cutting overtime hours in spite of having a full hospital, to the overall lack of concern for the employees. The Leadership team must be getting quite the bonus/incentive to continue "leading" the facility, I can only imagine how the Corporate monsters of the company are being incentivized while the employees at the bottom suffer, leading to a low morale, which in turn affects overall patient care. My recommendation, make sure the employees are happy; Happy Employees = Happy Patients.
Pros
Friendly staff (if it's not leadership)
Cons
Short breaks (if any), lots of paperwork, inefficient, poor leadership
Great place. To work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work.. everyone works as a team and are their to help even the nurses will halp a aid of she or he needs helps..great place to work.and move up in the company
Pros
Everythinh
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Acute Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7