Post Consumer Brands Employee Reviews in United States

poor management
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 10, 2016
I worked at the plant in ashboro nc let me tell you the night shift sucked no training what so ever and when u had a mess up they wrote u up as not doing your job or falsely marking document alot of employees there will try and get u fired and the night shift manager has no balls what so ever he has no clue what is going on there is alot of bad things happening there that no one sees don't trust them
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Great Place to Work
Not an Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tremonton, UTJuly 17, 2016
Overall it is a Great Place to work. The people are friendly and hard working. The employees are trained in food safety etc. and know how important it is to the business.
Pros
Good people, good culture
Cons
Advancement opportunities. Unless you have a degree in Engineering or Food Science, there is no advancement opportunities
Going downhill fast
manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 2, 2016
Senior management does not have a clue. Had to be sold to Post at fire sale price because of years of declining sales. Malt-O-Meal brand not known outside of Minnesota.
Used to be a great place to do great work.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2014
A company that at one time was 'the place' to work. Now along with the recent permanent lay-offs many key people are leaving on their own because they feel the stability is no longer there. Top heavy management (seems like most of the posting for jobs there were for directors or VP's), at times uppper managment not agreeing in meetings(arguing, shouting) which created a hostile work environment at times in front of their subordinates, nepitism, promoting people to management positions only because they were 'owed' something, loose interpretations of policies, and the list goes on.

Comments on this company from some interns were very positive but when you come in as an intern your are given gifts, provided lunches, provided with activities such as bowling, a Twins game, an off-site cooking event - which cost a lot of money on the part of the company.
Pros
at the time i worked there - great salary, great benefits, great 401k but all that is gone now with the recent reduction in workforce
Cons
with the current state of the company there are too many to list. such a disappointment
Great Environment to work in
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 21, 2015
Everyone at Post is very helpful with the learning curve process. The management team treats you as an equal. I would recommend employment at Post to anyone.
company going belly up
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 15, 2014
All benefits were cut. No 401k. Now hours are cut. Was an okay job. Its now horrible.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
too many to list
Great Place to Work
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNSeptember 27, 2013
I worked at MOM Brands as a contractor in Human Resources department at the plant in Northfield, and I have never worked for a company that was so engaging. The Operations Manager's, Line Managers, etc were a great team to work with, and really embraced my being there. I never felt like a contractor, but as part of the team. How many companies out there where the leadership not only thank you consistently for your work, but acturally mean it. I particularly love one of there core values and that is "Take Others With You", and they practice that every day.

The HR management in the plant were just excellent to work with. They were very supportive, always open to new ideas, and very proactive.

It was also the most friendly, and most fun enviornments I have ever had the pleasure to work in. I would not hesitate if asked to return to MOM Brands.
Good company
Packaging (Current Employee) –  TremontonMarch 9, 2015
I have enjoyed working for MOM brands. The management is good and friendly. The pay is decent. Lots of opportunities for advancements.
Growing company that trains interns accordingly.
Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 13, 2013
MOM Brands did a great job at making me feel like I made a difference within their organization from a logistical perspective. I would communicate with parties both internally and externally, along with planning the most cost effective routes through my own analysis for inbound shipments. My management trained me when it was neccessary, while also giving me the room I needed to grow and learn on my own. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful in every regard to my position. They treated me like I was just another full time employee and I felt that I was making a difference in reducing cost for the company on a daily basis.
Great Company Culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Called on independent grocery stores. Sold new items, promotions and executed retail work. Worked with a great sales team and learned much from sales manager.
Enjoyed working with accounts to help them grow their business.
The job, like any sales job is tough but the rewards are worth the effort put into it.
Pros
relationships built
Cons
company sold
Great company with awesome benefits
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTNovember 8, 2013
Great employee training programs with work/life balance minded management
Making the best cereal in the country
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNOctober 21, 2014
A work day at MOM Brands is fun and fulfilling. I learned that it takes a lot to be top notch. Management could be a little better. my co-workers are great people to work with. the hardest part of my job is to keep the cereal safe for others. That I've meet a lot of great people.
Pros
free cereal
Cons
insurance and retirement pention
Small company with big aspirations
Asst. Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2014
Good company to work for overall. They've experienced some challenges the past couple of years with the market but I believe they will overcome them.
Cons
limited job advancement
A Great Place to do Great Work
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 24, 2013
During this internship I was able to complete the entire recruitment process with several open positions. I sourced, screened, created and delivered offer letters to candidates. In this position I was able to work on real life projects that deepened my understanding of Talent Acquisition.
Pros
trusting supervisor, business relevant projects, friendly people
Cons
some inconsistent practices depending upon who your manager is
Great company
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 9, 2014
Great company, great people.

Reason for Being: Save Families Money through Great Taste and Value
Pros
work life balance
Cons
...
Productive, fun people.
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 8, 2014
Was a great place to do great work, but now it's just a job and a typical day at work. No more fun. It's all a numbers game now. Cut phases short to get a high OEE rating.
Pros
people, fellow workers, great!
Cons
upper management.
Lean manufacturing company
Mfg Systems Steward Manager (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 4, 2014
Low cost cereal producer providing US families with low cost breakfast alternative.
Great working environment
Quality Assurance Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNOctober 15, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day. I enjoyed the work as well as the people.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
politics
Elevated expectations with little management
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 3, 2013
Great place to work if you are maintaining their core manufacturing and transportation software and interfaces, but the other software to keep operations functioning are not highly regarded.
fun place to work, very people oriented. I enjoy being around the customers.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 15, 2014
fast paced, learned how to use Lotus Notes. People are very friendly and ready to help you out. I love working and being around people.