Post Consumer Brands Employee Reviews

A great place to do great work - until 2013.....
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2017
There was no typical work day during my time at Malt-O-Meal. I was able to learn and grow on the job while I went after new business or expanded existing customers. The workplace culture was people driven. The most enjoyable part of my job was being out in the market talking about Malt-O-Meal with new consumers in the aisle. Until my last sales campaign with Malt-O-Meal we always took a long view on promotional programing which was not typical of the bigger players with bigger pockets. Selling the lower unit price on everyday retails verse selling a deep discount on promoted brand.
Pros
Work in a large territory, Lots of crossfunctiuonal interaction
Cons
Title and compensation did not grow at the same rate as responsibitlites.
Three paid brakes
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 1, 2017
My day started at 5 p.m. I would come in an check inventory to make sure I had all the thing I need for the night. I then used the forklift to load 1500 lb bags of oats into the machine along with furits, flavor.
Pros
Paid breaks, overtime
Cons
third sift
Twelve hour schedule with mandatory overtime.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 1, 2017
Did not appreciate 12 hour schedule with mandatory overtime, especially on night shift. Stark contrast from when the company was held by Mom's Brands.
Great company to work for
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 11, 2017
Great company to work for, providing good benefits in a pleasant work environment. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Management could be more transparent, information is not communicated effectively.
Pros
Good benefits and work environment
Cons
Work a lot of overtime and usually 7 days a week.
it was a good place to work
B Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Ansgar, IAApril 7, 2017
its a good place to work i worked on nighth shift so there when-rt alot of people but my coworkers where all helpful and worked well with everyone and made for a good night at work its a little boring but it can be ruff when the machines are not running right
Pros
you get to bring home 3 boxs of oat meal when you work
Great Culture and company to get started with
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 5, 2017
I worked there for quite a few years out of college, I can't speak for Post but Malt-O-Meal has a great culture and good management. The one area was I felt like I peaked out and there wasn't a good direction path for me from the lab since they wont let you go from testing to Scientist, so you reach a plateau where they won't let you go further from there.
Pros
Overall great environment and culture to work at
Cons
Needs better career paths for developing engineers and technicians
Fast tactical execution is highly-valued, not strategy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 27, 2017
Safety is first at this company. A good place for working parents as there is a lot of flexibility and work-life balance. You can work from home if needed planned or in an emergency

The location is south of the metro area and the office building has no bells or whistles: no cafeteria, no restaurants near, no fancy furniture, no art on walls, no gym.

If you are a strategic thinker who likes to analyze data, gather information, develop a plan for action and a plan for measurement, briefing and debriefing: this is not a place for you. The company values "getting things done fast" over anything else. A sales-first organization with a family-friendly environment.

Leadership is conservative and most employees are over 30 with kids and live around the area. Everyone knows each other on a first-name basis.
Pros
Great work-life balance and family-friendly environment
Cons
No time for strategy or planning
Great Place to Work
Quality Food Safety Manager/Sanitation Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 19, 2017
This company cares about it's employees. This is a great place to work. I feel as if they care about my personal goals and provide developmental opportunities. It's a great culture in that we focus on making employees and their input.
Great pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Setup and run machines.
People are great to work with.
Upper management only cares about cost savings.
Ran out of materials constantly.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management
Food Processor (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Nice schedule to work, only 14 days a month. Good people and company to work for. Very interesting to learn how cereal is made.

Want to know more about Post Consumer Brands?

Ask a question
Corporates Greed
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 6, 2016
Cutting jobs from original Post plant to send our work to Malt O Meal because it's cheaper. Pay is great, jobs aren't bad. Management could be better. The history of the plant is great as well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, corporate job cuts
Great people Great Work lots of things changing quickly though
General Laborer / Waste Management (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 29, 2016
The jobs are great, if you are given the opportunity to learn them. Co-workers are wonderful. The benefits are great but could use improvement. The new attendance policy is very strict and frankly ridiculous. One minute late counts as if you missed half a day of work. If you are late you might as well stay home. If you get sick you better come to work and get everyone else sick or you will get points counted against you. Supervisors are great. Higher management? Not so much, they can't relate to us. They have changed the promotion process as if they follow it, and then just hire whoever they want anyways.
Pros
Fair Benefits, Bonus opportunities, Great coworkers, Great Supervisors
Cons
Attendance Policy is ridiculous, Strange call out process, Confusion in promotion process
Great Place to Work
Not an Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tremonton, UTJuly 17, 2016
Overall it is a Great Place to work. The people are friendly and hard working. The employees are trained in food safety etc. and know how important it is to the business.
Pros
Good people, good culture
Cons
Advancement opportunities. Unless you have a degree in Engineering or Food Science, there is no advancement opportunities
Going downhill fast
manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 2, 2016
Senior management does not have a clue. Had to be sold to Post at fire sale price because of years of declining sales. Malt-O-Meal brand not known outside of Minnesota.
poor management
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 10, 2016
I worked at the plant in ashboro nc let me tell you the night shift sucked no training what so ever and when u had a mess up they wrote u up as not doing your job or falsely marking document alot of employees there will try and get u fired and the night shift manager has no balls what so ever he has no clue what is going on there is alot of bad things happening there that no one sees don't trust them
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Great Environment to work in
Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 21, 2015
Everyone at Post is very helpful with the learning curve process. The management team treats you as an equal. I would recommend employment at Post to anyone.
Good company
Packaging (Current Employee) –  TremontonMarch 9, 2015
I have enjoyed working for MOM brands. The management is good and friendly. The pay is decent. Lots of opportunities for advancements.
Great Company Culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Called on independent grocery stores. Sold new items, promotions and executed retail work. Worked with a great sales team and learned much from sales manager.
Enjoyed working with accounts to help them grow their business.
The job, like any sales job is tough but the rewards are worth the effort put into it.
Pros
Relationships built
Cons
Company sold
Making the best cereal in the country
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNOctober 21, 2014
A work day at MOM Brands is fun and fulfilling. I learned that it takes a lot to be top notch. Management could be a little better. my co-workers are great people to work with. the hardest part of my job is to keep the cereal safe for others. That I've meet a lot of great people.
Pros
free cereal
Cons
insurance and retirement pention
Small company with big aspirations
Asst. Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2014
Good company to work for overall. They've experienced some challenges the past couple of years with the market but I believe they will overcome them.
Cons
Limited job advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Consumer Brands. Our community is ready to answer.