Post Holdings Employee Reviews

great experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 7, 2016
The sales team was great to work with. For the most part employees are helpful and willing to teach you a thing or two. A great company to work for with full benefits.
Package Operator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNSeptember 7, 2016
It is great job for someone that does not mind working 12 hour rotating shifts. Good benefits and quarterly profit sharing.
Disorganized and bad work environment
Manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonAugust 20, 2016
No air conditioning or air circulation in production. very hot on the production floor not including the ovens.
I worked there as a technician for two years and I come with a long technical background, yet I was treated like a complete idiot and outsider.
No opportunities for advancement and training and support is extremely lacking.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
Management is very disorganized and turnover is very high in all departments
Fun job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 19, 2016
The only good part of working for Post was the awesome people I got to work with. Since they never intended to keep the plant we never had a chance for advancement or learn new things. Basically It SUCKED!
Pros
Cons
Company lied, Management had severe favorites issue, most time spent cleaning.
Automative manufacturing equipment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working on the production equipment. The equipment is new and computerized. A typical day at work was responding to trouble calls and performing preventive maintenance. I learned more about food processing and GMP's.
Pros
Compensated well for work done.
Cons
12 hour night shift only shift available to work
Good work environment but long hours
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 19, 2016
This is a good place to work. Salary and benefits are great. Working 12 hour shifts are tiring, along with a rotating schedule.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good
Cons
12 hour shifts are tiresome along with the work schedule
A good place to work for
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 13, 2016
Good work life balance. Provides employees with tools for learning on the job and workshop training. Productive and fun workplace. Has positive outreach to the community engaging employees in volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity and Morristown Soup Kitchen. Also provides employee's children annual exposure to corporate business operations. Celebrates monthly birthdays of employees for morale booster and better work productivity.
Pros
The company gives employees free promotional items
Cons
The company must update IT systems
Great Job Culture
IT Site Admin / PC/LAN Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 5, 2016
Great environment to work, very challenging position and busy environment; but, people is friendly, flexible, respectful and understandable.
Pros
Great Job Culture
Cons
Great company hated to see the Modesto Plant close.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Modesto CAOctober 3, 2015
Corp big shots closed the plant, their loss. Modesto Plant was a great place to work. Corp politics at their best, no reason to close a plant that was successful and keep other plants open that are NOT in the USA!
Pros
Great place to work.
a good company to work for
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 30, 2015
A good place to work, where the culture is awesome. A place where people are always willing to help out. getting an hour break was a plus as well.
Pros
everybody was very nice and always helpful.
Engaging and Safe place to work.
Sanitation/Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 18, 2015
My time with Post was short (less than a year) but during that time the company was sportive in safety, process improvement, employee recognition, and great pay.
Pros
Great pay and compensation with a positive work environment
Cons
Post bought our company with the intent in my opinion to close the doors, Post uses co-packers and does not hold on to factories.
Great money
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 5, 2015
I made $15.50 an hour at Post and it felt great. The hour were the down fall of the job, 12 to 16 hour days and I am a mother a five year old and in the middle of custody battle so I was unable to perform the way that I know I could while I was there.
Pros
Discount on cereal
Cons
Short breaks and drama
Great place to work - but moving out of NJ
Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 23, 2015
Headquarters being relocated to Minnesota.

Management at Post Foods is incredible - innovative and motivating. Allow employees to manage their own workload and oversee projects from start to finish.
Family environment good place to work
Nutrition and Regulatory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 20, 2015
Post Foods is a good place to work which still has family values and isn't overrun with corporate issues. A typical work day is meeting with coworkers discussing daily agenda and planning team work.
Pros
family environment
Cons
future onsure
Fast paced
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 15, 2015
-Great opportunity to make a great product!
-The company offers great benefits and compensation.
-The hardest part of the job is the amount of time away from family and friends.
-The most enjoyable part of this job is working with great employees!
-I have learned that while the employees have a union and strict guidlines on how shceduling and overtime is done that they will do anything for a great leader including doing assigned tasks that they typically would not do.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Maybe one weekend a month off and not sticking to the vacation agreement that was offered
A great group of people to work with.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 13, 2015
The worst part of working at post is the 12 hr swing shift. The best part is the team work. The management at post are supportive and helpful. I learned that coworkers are like family.
Did not enjoy my time with Post
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Britt, IowaJanuary 27, 2015
I worked in the warehouse on third shift. I was the first and only woman that had ever been hired to do this type of job. It made me feel so happy for the women there when they'd come up to me and say "It's so awesome we have a woman in the warehouse finally!" The first shift warehouse person treated me horrible. He called me names like FB and SB. I went to Human Resources about it everytime. Nothing was done. I talked to the plant manager. Nothing was done. I finally learned to shut my mouth and endure it until I found a different job. This is my last week with them. I was from day one treated differently because I was a woman in the warehouse. Doing what they considered a man's job and a lot of them didn't like that I did it just as good as they did. The coworkers on my shift for the most part were great. I will miss seeing them. Had it not been for all the harassment I enjoy working in a warehouse. Loading and unloading trailers. The ESL machine can be challenging to keep up with when a pallet is coming out every five minutes and you're expected to be doing five other jobs at the same time, but it makes an eight hour shift fly by. Management is HORRIBLE. Starting with the Plant Manager. When I started in 2014 I thought he was a great guy. Always asked people how they were doing. The longer I was there the less I saw him doing that. The Human Resource girl is one of those pretty nice girls... TO YOUR FACE, and only to your face. I've never talked to one employee that is happy with her and how she deals with things. Because she doesn't,. She is pure evil and will do whatever  more... she can to get rid of you if you stand up for yourself too much. A supervisor that had worked at this plant for almost twenty years was fired two weeks ago. He was the only supervisor that had a good head on his shoulders. When he got fired I knew it was time to get out of there. I'd had enough.  less
Pros
decent pay for area. can schedule own breaks but don't always get one.
Cons
terrible management which makes the whole plant unhappy
Wonderful Place
Assistant HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working for Post Holdings. Although the company did not stay open for an extended amount of time after I started, I enjoyed my time there.
Great team and work enviroment
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 4, 2014
You are your own person and responsible for your own actions and work, but team work is still a key factor.
Temporary Assignment
Human Resources/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 28, 2014
This was a temporary assignment that lasted about 9 weeks. The assignment was to help implement the roll out of new attendance policies.
Pros
paid lunches to be taken anytime between 11am and 1pm. friendly working atmosphere.
Cons
the job was only temporary.