Post Properties Employee Reviews

Property Management
Residential Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Fun and fast paced place to work. The residents were upscale and educated and they expected a great deal from the property. There was little job advancement opportunities
Privately owned
Class Instructor & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2017
I love being a Personal Trainer. This was a great location. Loved the clientele. The clients were consistent about showing up and reaching their goals.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Temporary job- temporary contracts
Fantastic experience
Senior Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2017
Post Properties at the time was top in the industry. The training they provide is amazing to new employees to prepare you to be the best you can be at work.
Recently sold to MAAC Tennessee.
Assistant Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 31, 2017
This company is moving in a different management direction than Post properties with several core changing on the horizon.
I am curious to know what their philosophy to support the Engineering team will be .
Pros
A degree of autonomy to perform my job
Cons
few cons
Productive work environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2017
No day is the same working as a leasing consultant but working with Post someone is always there to help you every step of the way. They provide helpful training that gives you the tools to preform each day at your best. The hardest part is dealing with the occasionally miscommunication that can occur. The job provides a good work/life balance. Overall my experience was a good one.
Pros
healthcare, bonuses
Cons
no commission
Great company to work for!
Assistant Property Manager, Post Briarcliff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Was very difficult to leave this company, but with my husbands job leading us to Jefferson, GA, the distance for me was too far. A typical day at work was working with residents & prospects, check scanning, auditing, & assisting in managing the staff. I absolutely loved the people I worked with, so that was definitely the hardest part of leaving.
Pros
Top of the line company, always felt I worked with and for the best!
Cons
Working lunch & working Saturdays (although I know this comes with Property Management)
Doesn't exist anymore
Assistant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Unfortunately this company was devoured by MAA. It was a generous company and absolutely unique in the way it treated its properties, its employees and its residents.
Pros
Generous all the way around
Cons
Doesn't exist anymore
Fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
The dynamics of the office gave you an open invitation to excel and move up within the company. We were cross trained and learned so much about housing.
Best company I've ever worked for
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 11, 2017
This company knows how to value their residents, vendors, employees, and their community! I currently work at the largest asset that Post owned at Post Addison Circle and never seen a business run so smoothly. I learned an array of things, not only about the industry, but about people in general and how to provide exceptional customer service. My co-workers were professional and friendly, and over time we all became like family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with resident complaints that weren't always black and white easy to deal with, but it was great to learn how to mediate in a way that everyone was happy. The most enjoyable part of working as an APM with Post is that they truly recognize growth for all employees and no one felt left behind.
Pros
Compensation/Benefits/Work life balance/Management/Culture
Cons
Recent company acquisition changed bonus structure and culture
Awesome place to work!
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 3, 2017
I have been working for this company for almost 5 years and it is a great first job after college. The work/life balance is reasonable. I've never taken work home with me. Management is on top of things and is always wiling to teach. Every day is different so it never gets boring. Your co-workers are great people and very friendly.
it was good
Post West Austin - Lead and Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2016
it was good. The people are really creepy and possible mad butt marauders. And, I think they stole ice cream and candies from little children, and possibly did dirty things to goats during work hours!
Post Day
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
Great co-workers, management, and financial opportunities.

Opportunity to meet and work with different people on a day-in day-out basis.
Fun workplace to work life balance
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 5, 2016
It is a good job for a recent graduate. The work life balance is horrible. You are ALWAYS at work late. The pay is pretty low.
Pros
money
Cons
work life balance
Productive and fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
Dealing with all spectrums of customer service. Management and the company is amazing and the culture is great! Post cares so much about their employees, their overall health, fitness, personal life, and everything!
Pros
All Post employees are amazing, Post takes care of their employees
Cons
No lunch break, work weekends, doesn't pay great
Great Place to Work
Property Monitor/ Make Ready Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
My days are always busy and productive. I enjoy keeping Post Brook Haven looking Beautiful. The staff is great and I enjoy the small interactions I have with everyone.
Good training
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  NCApril 14, 2015
I worked for Post for 13 years and really enjoyed it. For the most part, the culture is one of support and incentives are good. I loved my coworkers, they were like my family. That culture changed over the years, and not as much confidence or appreciation was given to long term employees - the bottom line seemed more important.
a brief insight and history of life at my company
Lead Supervising Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Everyday was busy and enjoyable , I've always had great team players which made things run smoothly , Its not the company that it once was . Over the last 20 years the company is moving in a down slide motion at this point in time . I have a bad feeling that this company will eventually go belly up ..due to no sense of corporate organization . A company that was once the elite , is no longer the case .. its as if , no one is sure of what they are doing anymore , which will lead to the demise of the company . I feel this is sad because it was such a great company and a great company to work for . I fear for so many of the employees there , for as , so many of them feel and know the same thing as i ..... The job itself , was not hard at all, probably one of the easiest jobs for one to have , Was always looking for new challenges to achieve . The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you had dependable and easy going co workers , that knew what they were doing on the job at all times .Safety is key in this job , and once that is known and achieved with your co-workers , all is fine .
Pros
Salery was okay, and benefits was great, the everyday people i worked with, were excellent and great team players.
Cons
Cannot depend or rely on management, they are not very truthful or honest with you, they tell you one thing and do something else.Management is sneaky and secretive
Post
Resident Relations Specialist/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2014
Great company, poor pay. The management team is great. Trying to make me write a review on a company will simply make me not want to use this site. This is a waste of my time.
Cons
Poor Pay. Tough to advance
Best Management company in Georgia
Senior Leasing and Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2014
Show the property to new clients and lease apartments.

Fair housing, OSHA guidelines, apartments laws etc.

Great management team, superb training program

Great bunch of people to work with

Competing against 45 other properties to make senior leasing agent.

Monthly activities getting the resident involved with charity
Pros
Rewards for hiting goals monthly
Cons
n/a
Sit and wait all day
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Can be pretty boring especially if you aren't a self-starter. You usually wait for people to call or visit, walk them through the property and available apartment and try to sell them on living at your property. Bonuses weren't horrible but co-workers could easily "steal" your lease if the person came back on a day when you weren't there or stepped away from your desk.

Usually worked weekends and sometimes holidays. Not typical to stay late so it's a great job for someone wanting something stable
Pros
stable environment, bonuses, laid-back
Cons
work weekends, 95% desk job, base-pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2